There is also that little voice saying, "wait for the white version, and then make your decision" just don't want to purchase the Black version and then I love the white more :P

Still all so very exciting and really eager to get one but I just have to do things properly and not make hasty decisions.
    I've heard the white version will look less premium than black.

You are doing a good job of remaining rational. Keep it up! I don't doubt you will benefit from a price drop.

I've lost it already and I want to experience the exclusivity of being one of the first local BBPP owners...I want to experience the looks of interest enjoy all of the attention...can't wait for next week Wednesday lol!
    10-31-14 05:58 AM
    Passport available in South Africa-img_20141010_205958.jpg

Had mines since 10th October.

Got mines from BlackBerry. I'm a BlackBerry Elite member
    Geselskap likes this.
    10-31-14 03:35 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141010_205958.jpg 
Views:	764 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	311035

Had mines since 10th October.

Got mines from BlackBerry. I'm a BlackBerry Elite member
    May I ask, how much you paid for it? just interested to know prices. I May head down to Cell C in the Waterfront on Monday to purchase one.
    11-01-14 12:00 AM
    Anyone had any luck with getting hold of a case and/or screen protector yet?

"May I see your Passport please?"
    11-03-14 12:30 AM
    Anyone had any luck with getting hold of a case and/or screen protector yet?

Speaking with Vodacom on thursday about cases and will report back here.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3247
    11-03-14 04:09 AM
    I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Passport on Vodacom. Even gone to the extreme and ordered a flip case from the UK to arrive on the 12th hopefully. Might actually have a case before the actual phone lol. Need a greater variety of accessories though. I prefer the belt swivel case.
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-03-14 04:45 AM
    I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Passport on Vodacom. Even gone to the extreme and ordered a flip case from the UK to arrive on the 12th hopefully. Might actually have a case before the actual phone lol. Need a greater variety of accessories though. I prefer the belt swivel case.
    Vodacom assured me that on Wednesday - Thursday they would have the device. Otherwise they will give me one for free the following week (jokingly obviously)
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-03-14 09:03 AM
    Vodacom assured me that on Wednesday - Thursday they would have the device. Otherwise they will give me one for free the following week (jokingly obviously)
    Here's to us claiming a free device then.... Will make some inquiries as well. Will this be in store or online upgrade?
    11-04-14 06:23 AM
    I saw one last Saturday at OR Tambo airport unlocked at 7,700 rands. The thing is huge!

Posted via CB10
    Matty likes this.
    11-04-14 06:47 AM
    I saw one last Saturday at OR Tambo airport unlocked at 7,700 rands. The thing is huge!

Posted via CB10
    That's a great price!

11-04-14 07:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    That sounds like a price thats inline with the $599 thats being sold in America. This business of 10k is beyond ridiculous.
    I would say anything around R8,500 and below is fair game.
    11-05-14 05:35 AM
    Gonna check Cape Town airport soon. If they match 7700 then hello credit card.

Posted via zedten
    11-05-14 09:34 AM
    R7000 if you have cash on hand...and you are in the Western Cape (Southern Sub's)

Brand new BlackBerry Passport 32GB for sale | Wynberg & Plumstead | Gumtree South Africa | 120465126

The seller says she won it in a competition.
    11-05-14 12:51 PM
    As expected, Vodacom lied on their statement. The Passport will only be available next week "possibly"

They now told me that there will be a new booklet "possibly" again with the possibly. Tomorrow (friday) which will have details in it about pricing ect.
    Last edited by Matty; 11-06-14 at 10:18 AM.
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-06-14 03:18 AM
    As expected, Vodacom lied on their statement. The Passport will only be available next week "possibly"

They now told me that there will be a new booklet "possibly" again with the possibly. Tomorrow (friday) which will have details in it about pricing ect.
    Matty, I ordered mine on the phone with Vodacom at 0821950 expecting delivery on monday. They have stock in the wharehouse. Follow Tahir Ally channel : C00045D9C. He is a wealth of information, not a Blackberry Elite member for nothing. And as a complete bonus, my Tan Flip case has arrived and is clearing customs as we speak. so I will have fone and pouch by monday. Good Luck, hope it works out for you
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-07-14 04:16 AM
    Matty, I ordered mine on the phone with Vodacom at 0821950 expecting delivery on monday. They have stock in the wharehouse. Follow Tahir Ally channel : C00045D9C. He is a wealth of information, not a Blackberry Elite member for nothing. And as a complete bonus, my Tan Flip case has arrived and is clearing customs as we speak. so I will have fone and pouch by monday. Good Luck, hope it works out for you
    and to you, @V3nom!!!
    V3nom likes this.
    11-07-14 04:52 AM
    Some MTN stores have had since last week Monday. Got mine Friday.

May I see your Passport please?
    How are you and your PP doing?
    11-07-14 08:46 AM
    How are you and your PP doing?
    Hey there. It's still as awesome as ever thanks! Charging it once every 2 days. Call quality is excellent too. Funny thing, I keep looking out for the hardware and software glitches as mentioned on CB, touch wood, nothing yet, but it makes me a little nervous. Waiters at a restaurant yesterday (Samsung users) spotted it on my table, asked politely if they could have a look. Later came back asking if they could take a photo of it. iPhone users at my table were in shock when I showed them the touch sensitive side of the keyboard as well as how cool BB 10 is. These were previous BB owners who lost their way over the years lol. The general consensus was WOW. They did say the usual "it's big". There was a current Bold user with us, told her about the Classic that's due soon, based on what she saw on the Passport, she will be upgrading to the Classic instead on an iPhone like her husband. Still waiting for a screen protector and case...Have you got yours yet? I phones all carriers this weekend looking for accessories and they don't even have the phones in stock yet...

Geselskap likes this.
    11-09-14 11:06 AM
    Hey there. It's still as awesome as ever thanks! Charging it once every 2 days. Call quality is excellent too. Funny thing, I keep looking out for the hardware and software glitches as mentioned on CB, touch wood, nothing yet, but it makes me a little nervous. Waiters at a restaurant yesterday (Samsung users) spotted it on my table, asked politely if they could have a look. Later came back asking if they could take a photo of it. iPhone users at my table were in shock when I showed them the touch sensitive side of the keyboard as well as how cool BB 10 is. These were previous BB owners who lost their way over the years lol. The general consensus was WOW. They did say the usual "it's big". There was a current Bold user with us, told her about the Classic that's due soon, based on what she saw on the Passport, she will be upgrading to the Classic instead on an iPhone like her husband. Still waiting for a screen protector and case...Have you got yours yet? I phones all carriers this weekend looking for accessories and they don't even have the phones in stock yet...

I'm going to lower my expectations so I hope to have an experience as cool as yours lol!

Still waiting for mine. I'm hoping sometime this week. I did buy a cheapie Nokia Bluetooth earpiece for R150 in anticipation.

I hear you on the necessity of buying protection. I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Enjoy!
    11-10-14 12:32 PM
    I'm going to lower my expectations so I hope to have an experience as cool as yours lol!

Honest Review:

I went to a vodacom store this afternoon to hold and play with one. Honestly I didn't think it was too wide, but it felt really thin compared to my Q5 . Typing on it is definatly a change, Since I'm so used to using a 4 row qwerty. But it's nice that the keys are bigger so it's easier to hit the right keys.

Feels very premium and the screen is MASSIVE when I compared it to my Q5. Was such a joke lol. My Q5 looked like a kiddies phone. I personally would have liked a normal 4 row keyboard but it's a small issue that can easily be overlooked because there is so much more going for it

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-10-14 01:51 PM
    So my beautiful Passport was delivered and I spent all of last night shifting things across and letting her get acquainted with all my details. This morning, everything is synced. all contacts are there etc. Just getting used to the enormous screen. My secretary a young Samsung user exclaimed in typical South African way..."Eish, that thing is huge, where do I get one?" The youth see the beauty in it too.

Now for the customs dudes to clear my tan flip cover then I am all sorted. In the mean time I bought a small travel pouch to fit on my belt in the mean time to keep it safe. Just don't like carrying phones in the pants pocket.
    In Summary, if you have not done it yet...what are you waiting for??
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-11-14 01:20 AM
    Mine is ordered from Vodacom Northgate, and should arrive today (or else!!!)

I wish I knew where I could get a cover or case for it.
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-11-14 05:47 AM
    Hi Folks,

I upgraded on Vodacom and mine was delivered this afternoon so I am busy configuring it now switching over from my Q10... guys any idea where I can get a pouch in Cape Town for it??
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-11-14 10:41 AM
    Hi Folks,

I upgraded on Vodacom and mine was delivered this afternoon so I am busy configuring it now switching over from my Q10... guys any idea where I can get a pouch in Cape Town for it??
    As far as i know there are no covers or couches that you can purchase... yet. i would say wait until late November to start seeing covers. You could order one online and then received it in a couple days

Best of luck with your new Passport, hope you enjoy it!
    11-11-14 11:08 PM
    For the people in JHB, accessories can be found at boksburg fleamarket, all original OEM.

STA100-6
    11-12-14 01:17 AM
62 123