Watch out, we have a tough guy here. :-D

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    No way, I haven't worked out in forever. I do a great bit of walking everyday though; it certainly helps me keep my girlish figure. ;-D

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:44 AM
    That sound's completely absurd to me, but it may be that I'm just not understanding what you're trying to say. First, BlackBerry wouldn't have gone to all the trouble of developing this new, innovative phone if they didn't want to sell as many of them as possible. Yes, the primary consumers are going to be business customers, but I can't imagine that they are going to turn down sales from anyone. It may depend on how you define *many* phones.
    I believe I read recently that his goal is to get to at least 10 million phones sold annually, as a break-even point.
    Can anyone confirm that?
    Here it is. Just found it: Says BlackBerry CEO, "If we ship 10 million phones in a year, we'll be profitable on phones" | CrackBerry.com
    10 million phones would be the sum of all BB models. So, i think that is a possibility. But keep in mind that 10 million spread out throughout the world amongst all the BB models is probably defined as niche products. I am not judging this at all, it seems to me that Chen has a sound strategy to keep BB alive and thriving in its own way which is not a bad thing at all. It just does not include selling tens of millions of mass consumer phones(at least at this point of time). Apple, Google and perhaps Microsoft have the mass consumer market wrapped up at the moment.
    09-20-14 02:36 PM
    You believe everything a sales rep tells you? You don't happen to also still believe in the tooth fairy, the easter bunny and santa claus do you?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Passport Headed For AT&T | N4BB

Oh well, you win some and you lose some. No worries man. :-)
    09-24-14 09:41 AM
    So can anyone say which US networks do support the unlocked Passport sold at ShopBlackBerry.com?
    09-24-14 09:58 AM
    I pulled this from ShopBlackBerry.com. These are the bands it supports:

US: FD-LTE: 1,2,3,4,5,7,813,17,20
    HSPA +: 1,2,4,5/6, 8, EDGE

I have yet to try to figure out which US carriers these correspond to.
    09-24-14 11:31 AM

All of them. But probably not Voice on Verizon.

I did see that pkcable posted on the VZW support page that he knows a guy in Canada that has seen a Verizon Branded Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 11:43 AM
    Just was on the phone with AT&T. The CSR confirmed that the unlocked Passport works on all AT&T bandwidth.
    09-24-14 11:54 AM
    Just was on the phone with AT&T. The CSR confirmed that the unlocked Passport works on all AT&T bandwidth.
    Yep yep. Same here.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 11:59 AM
    All of them. But probably not Voice on Verizon.

I did see that pkcable posted on the VZW support page that he knows a guy in Canada that has seen a Verizon Branded Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Do you think it'd be bad if I order an unlocked version from Amazon, play around with it,.. then return it if we hear anything more concrete about VZW within the 30-day return window? Not gonna lie, I'd feel pretty guilty about it, but I want to play with this thing so badly!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:02 PM

Boy, that sure is customer-friendly isn't it? How do they expect the average person to use this to figure out if they want to buy the phone - sight unseen, I might add. Blackberry must be trying to figure out how much you can get the customer to do to acquire their phone. They also must not mind a lot of returns.
    09-24-14 12:04 PM
    Would it be safe to assume the unlocked version available now would work on T-Mobile as well?
    09-24-14 12:05 PM
    I am starting to fear that I will be forced away from BlackBerry. No Passport on Verizon, as we suspected because of no evidence of CDMA support.
    I'm pretty sure AT&T exclusive means no other carrier in the U.S. wanted it, or BB felt they would not sell enough through Verizon to justify the addition of a CDMA model just for that carrier. Either way, the BB partnership with Verizon may be over for the for foreseeable future.
    The thing is, my company pays for my phone and phone service. I can get whatever phone I want - as long as it is on Verizon.
    When my Z30 (which I love) is done, not sure BB will be an option for me. :-(
    09-24-14 12:09 PM
    jhimmel, I'm in the same boat. I'm looking at options, but I feel your pain.

My q10 has had a rough life so far and it's on it's last legs. I'm hoping something will break in the next 30-60 days.
    jhimmel likes this.
    09-24-14 12:21 PM
    Darn.
    They are already out of stock on Amazon and ShopBlackBerry.com.
    09-24-14 12:59 PM
    Darn.
    They are already out of stock on Amazon and ShopBlackBerry.com.
    Are they? I just put in an order like 2 minutes ago on Amazon,.. although I had put in my cart almost two hours ago.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 01:15 PM
    Are they? I just put in an order like 2 minutes ago on Amazon,.. although I had put in my cart almost two hours ago.

Posted via CB10
    Animal, your on vzw correct?

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1154 - CB10
    09-24-14 01:16 PM
    Animal, your on vzw correct?

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1154 - CB10
    Yeah,.. but I want to give it a try anyway. Plus I've been mulling switching off of VZW since I somehow bought a house in the only VZW deadzone in the area.

I'll add my findings about how much (or little) it can do on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 01:18 PM
    lack of full carrier support announcement is definitely disappointing, but certainly they have lined up the carriers, if this truly is a phone to make the comeback with...
    09-24-14 01:26 PM
    I am starting to fear that I will be forced away from BlackBerry. No Passport on Verizon, as we suspected because of no evidence of CDMA support.
    I'm pretty sure AT&T exclusive means no other carrier in the U.S. wanted it, or BB felt they would not sell enough through Verizon to justify the addition of a CDMA model just for that carrier. Either way, the BB partnership with Verizon may be over for the for foreseeable future.
    The thing is, my company pays for my phone and phone service. I can get whatever phone I want - as long as it is on Verizon.
    When my Z30 (which I love) is done, not sure BB will be an option for me. :-(
    yep, i am on Sprint, and my Q10, which i love, is not big enough for my tastes. i don't want to leave BBRY, but they are rapidly pushing me in that direction
    09-24-14 02:13 PM
    Not sure why there was a problem the first time.
    Maybe the hamsters powering the website were taking a break from their spinning wheels.
    Anyway, my order seems to have gone through this time.
    09-24-14 02:17 PM
    Do you think it'd be bad if I order an unlocked version from Amazon, play around with it,.. then return it if we hear anything more concrete about VZW within the 30-day return window? Not gonna lie, I'd feel pretty guilty about it, but I want to play with this thing so badly!

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't feel guilty at all.

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    09-24-14 03:00 PM
46 12