I have seen mentions in a number of threads, but don't see any thread that's specifically for tracking information regarding the Passport's release to US customers. Please post links here if you find any verifiable information about unlocked versions being available, dates of release, or US carriers officially announcing that they're on board.
    Thanks in advance.
    timcold and Blacklatino like this.
    09-17-14 08:39 AM
    Verizon is a big mystery as there doesn't appear to be the correct bands within the passport. In a few other threads I had read availability in the US would be within 2-3 weeks after the official launch on the 24th.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 08:45 AM
    I've read that rumor too, but would be more comfortable if we were to hear it from someone official, or someone who claims to have spoken to someone official. What I read seemed much less definite.

Verizon is a big mystery as there doesn't appear to be the correct bands within the passport. In a few other threads I had read availability in the US would be within 2-3 weeks after the official launch on the 24th.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 09:53 AM
    I know for a fact AT&T started testing the device end of June and usually field testing is 90 days so hopefully mid October release, plus it already passed through FCC(end of August), usually when that happens can't be more then a couple of months from release.
    lang007, donmateo, tp2386 and 1 others like this.
    09-17-14 09:55 AM
    Thanks! That's good to know.

I know for a fact AT&T started testing the device end of June and usually field testing is 90 days so hopefully mid October release, plus it already passed through FCC(end of August), usually when that happens can't be more then a couple of months from release.
    09-17-14 11:21 AM
    How do you know this about AT&T? I am on that network and I really want them to carry this phone

09-17-14 11:45 AM
    I'm on TMO. Anyone know when the unlocked versions (or the TMO/ATT compatible versions) will be for sale either through blackberry shop or any international /internet outlets? Nowadays we don't have to wait until AT&T carries the phones, right?! We can buy them unlocked and then activate through AT&T, TMO, etc. accordingly.
    09-17-14 12:33 PM
    How do you know this about AT&T? I am on that network and I really want them to carry this phone
    I was told by someone very reliable but was also told US carriers can easily choose to delay launch if they want.
    09-17-14 02:11 PM
    Hope it's ASAP. My Z10 mic is going out on me. :/
    09-17-14 02:14 PM
    I've read that rumor too, but would be more comfortable if we were to hear it from someone official, or someone who claims to have spoken to someone official. What I read seemed much less definite.
    I thought maybe they stopped selling the Z30 to make way for the Passport. But the still sell the old Bolds with or without the camera, a what 4 year old device, AND, and they are charging more for them then the new BB10's they still sell.I had to stop trying to figure that one out or it would have broken me.I know someone will say inventory blah blah blah, but still.
    09-18-14 06:59 AM
    This is consistent with some info I had gotten several months ago that AT&T had 1 or more BlackBerry phones in the works.

09-18-14 08:06 AM
    I doubt if there's much overlap between people who would buy the Z30 and people who'd buy the Passport. ... Unless the Z30 owners really wanted a QWERTY phone all along, and for some reason didn't get the Q10.

I thought maybe they stopped selling the Z30 to make way for the Passport. But the still sell the old Bolds with or without the camera, a what 4 year old device, AND, and they are charging more for them then the new BB10's they still sell.I had to stop trying to figure that one out or it would have broken me.I know someone will say inventory blah blah blah, but still.
    09-18-14 08:09 AM
    I'm on TMO. Anyone know when the unlocked versions (or the TMO/ATT compatible versions) will be for sale either through blackberry shop or any international /internet outlets? Nowadays we don't have to wait until AT&T carries the phones, right?! We can buy them unlocked and then activate through AT&T, TMO, etc. accordingly.
    You and me both....

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    09-18-14 11:14 AM
    I am hoping they have an unlocked GSM version available on the BlackBerry online store at or around launch day. If the price is within my budget, I am going for it. Only have a week or so before we find out.

Sent from my Lovely z30 on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-18-14 11:58 AM
    They won't have it on the BB online store. At least not this soon, it gives resellers time to made their money first. BB knows if you want the phone, you will get it no matter what. Then later on, they put it on the store online.

I am hoping they have an unlocked GSM version available on the BlackBerry online store at or around launch day. If the price is within my budget, I am going for it. Only have a week or so before we find out.

09-18-14 08:34 PM
    They won't have it on the BB online store. At least not this soon, it gives resellers time to made their money first. BB knows if you want the phone, you will get it no matter what. Then later on, they put it on the store online.
    Thank god I live right across from Windsor Ontario where I can get one from my Canadian friends when
    It becomes available on the market there.

09-18-14 08:55 PM
    Prediction: the earliest you will see the Passport in the US, is 3 months after the international launch. And because Verizon has it's restrictions, I believe Verizon will remain quiet about whether they will carry it. Remember, the Passport is designed as a niche product. BB will not, and does not expect to, sell many of the Passport. Which is fine. Chen has a strategy and that strategy does NOT include selling millions and millions of consumer oriented phones. He has and is designing BB to make money selling software solutions and selling small quantities of sophisticated niche smartphones. He does not want to go head to head against Apple, Google and Microsoft. This is also why I believe the BB phones will be relatively expensive. Chen is not trying to appeal to the mass market consumer.
    j21jam6 and labyrinth9 like this.
    09-18-14 11:18 PM
    That sound's completely absurd to me, but it may be that I'm just not understanding what you're trying to say. First, BlackBerry wouldn't have gone to all the trouble of developing this new, innovative phone if they didn't want to sell as many of them as possible. Yes, the primary consumers are going to be business customers, but I can't imagine that they are going to turn down sales from anyone. It may depend on how you define *many* phones.
    I believe I read recently that his goal is to get to at least 10 million phones sold annually, as a break-even point.
    Can anyone confirm that?
    Here it is. Just found it: Says BlackBerry CEO, "If we ship 10 million phones in a year, we'll be profitable on phones" | CrackBerry.com

Prediction: the earliest you will see the Passport in the US, is 3 months after the international launch. And because Verizon has it's restrictions, I believe Verizon will remain quiet about whether they will carry it. Remember, the Passport is designed as a niche product. BB will not, and does not expect to, sell many of the Passport. Which is fine. Chen has a strategy and that strategy does NOT include selling millions and millions of consumer oriented phones. He has and is designing BB to make money selling software solutions and selling small quantities of sophisticated niche smartphones. He does not want to go head to head against Apple, Google and Microsoft. This is also why I believe the BB phones will be relatively expensive. Chen is not trying to appeal to the mass market consumer.
    09-19-14 11:37 AM
    USA is getting table scraps from Blackberry and the US carriers are even worse.

I wish I was a sheep so I could fawn all over and easily buy some iJunk instead of constantly going through the frustration and out of my way to try getting a BB in the USA.
    gokulesh likes this.
    09-19-14 06:06 PM
    I was also told by an AT&T rep with 0 hesitation that "Yes, we will carry the Passport when it is released."

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Tim Heard likes this.
    09-20-14 12:14 AM
    I was also told by an AT&T rep with 0 hesitation that "Yes, we will carry the Passport when it is released."

You believe everything a sales rep tells you? You don't happen to also still believe in the tooth fairy, the easter bunny and santa claus do you?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:16 AM
    This is consistent with some info I had gotten several months ago that AT&T had 1 or more BlackBerry phones in the works.
    I had asked an AT&T rep about both the Classic and the Passport. She told me since they don't have any official info on the Classic yet, that is up in the air, but they will definitely carry the Passport...

09-20-14 12:17 AM
    You believe everything a sales rep tells you? You don't happen to also still believe in the tooth fairy, the easter bunny and santa claus do you?

Posted via CB10
    Wasn't a sales rep. But keep being rude anyway. It's entertaining.

09-20-14 12:18 AM
    Wasn't a sales rep. But keep being rude anyway. It's entertaining.

The only entertainment being provided here is your posts. Keep them coming, we're all having a good chuckle; it's a blast really.

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 and illlya like this.
    09-20-14 12:26 AM
    The only entertainment being provided here is your posts. Keep them coming, we're all having a good chuckle; it's a blast really.

Posted via CB10
    Watch out, we have a tough guy here. :-D

09-20-14 12:40 AM
46 12