I signed up to be notified when the Passport would be available again from the shopblackberry website (Canada) ever since they went out if stick around the launch days.

I was wondering who actually ended up getting notified about the current stock that is ALSO now out of stock due to the usage of the coupon code that was floating around?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 08:37 PM
    I did not

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 08:43 PM
    I also didn't get one an email but I was able to get one from the U.S. site with the $100 off and the promo code!
    10-03-14 08:44 PM
    Not me, I had to check the site religiously to find out whether there were any in stock.*
    thymaster likes this.
    10-03-14 08:51 PM
    Didn't get a notification for the restock, nor did I for the initial availability when they first set it up, BlackBerry Being BlackBerry I guess..

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 08:59 PM
    Didn't get a notification for the restock, nor did I for the initial availability when they first set it up, BlackBerry Being BlackBerry I guess..

Posted via CB10
    I didn't get email from shop blackberry or Amazon. Don't think its a Blackberry being Blackberry thing..
    10-03-14 09:20 PM
    That's kinda messed up, DR's system doesn't seem to be as responsible for these things. Quite unfortunate really, now to see how they will handle October 06

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 09:38 PM
    Nope.
    10-03-14 10:34 PM
    They are probably going to stagger the emails so the store doesn't get rushed when they have no stock in the first place.

When stock is stable, they'll send out emails.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 10:37 PM
    They are probably going to stagger the emails so the store doesn't get rushed when they have no stock in the first place.

When stock is stable, they'll send out emails.

Posted via CB10
    I find it hard for them to stagger the emails, especially considering that it's not a reservation based system (or at least I don't think it is)

Only with a reservation system would it makes sense to stagger the notifications since a small down payment/commitment may have been needed before, but their current system would still enable anybody who happens to stumble on the site to buy it as long as there is stock

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 03:49 AM
    I find it hard for them to stagger the emails, especially considering that it's not a reservation based system (or at least I don't think it is)

Only with a reservation system would it makes sense to stagger the notifications since a small down payment/commitment may have been needed before, but their current system would still enable anybody who happens to stumble on the site to buy it as long as there is stock

Posted via CB10
    Think of it this way. If you have lots of stock and no customers, you try to advertise. If you have no stock and lots of customers, you wait till you clear your backlog before you advertise some more.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 02:39 PM
    I too signed up for the email notification of the passport. However, even when it launched, shopblackberry didn't send out an email....wasn't the point of registering to be notified? shop blackberry needs to get their ish together

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 02:42 PM
    I got two email notifications from them about the Passport shortly after the launch.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    10-14-14 02:44 PM
    Just got an email from digital river confirming shipment

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 11:49 PM
    Just got an email from digital river confirming shipment

Posted via CB10
    That's fantastic! When did you place the order?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 12:42 AM
    I got two email notifications from them about the Passport shortly after the launch.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Hmm then it seems they have since been having inventory problems after that initial period, I for instance haven't got a notification even once, even though I signed up about 4/5 days after it was launched :/

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 12:43 AM