I wonder if Passport is VoLTE ready. Any experience guys with VoLTE on ATT? I know LG G Flex 2 and S6/S6edge supports it, i've tried it with both of those phones, but i wonder if it works on Passport. Please chime in ...

Thanks
    04-29-15 02:14 PM
    The OS supports it, so BB has done its part. Now it's up to AT&T to allow it on this phone. If you're an AT&T customer, trying asking their "customer service" when they plan to bring voLTE to the Passport.
    kabel_mk likes this.
    04-29-15 03:08 PM
    Hmmmm, so we are at ATT's mercy ... I guess they will use this to drive phone sales ... On top of that they have their own model ... That is not promising ...

Anybody with ATT's model that knows if they (ATT) whitelisted their own model ... And it works?
    04-29-15 03:28 PM
    Well, i didn't know that ATT identifies on their website which phone is HDVoice ready/capable/whitelisted. Their own model of passport is not listed as HDVoice capable. Not sure what is up with that, kind of makes me feel like ATT doesn't like to sell their own device. I have the unlocked version ... I may never see VoLTE on ATT with this unlocked version since even their own stuff is not whitelisted ...
    05-01-15 10:06 AM
    Right. I noticed the HD Voice filter on their website myself yesterday It's a good indicator for voLTE too, because AT&T does HDv on voLTE.

The OS definitely supports it, so the hold-up is on AT&T's end. Let's hope the next OS update from AT&T (which I'm sure they'll release in 2036) brings voLTE and HDv to the Passport -3 (and -1!). I doubt any of their phones ship with an OS build where these features are already enabled.
    05-01-15 12:40 PM