I've been waiting for a while on a number of apps to come to the Passport that were available on my Q10. I'm not interested in side loading apps that haven't been optimized for the Passport. I find that apps like Work Wide are great, but by no measure have developers come running with updates to existing blackberry compatible apps, and new apps are virtually non-existent (including those on Amazon ). I'm not talking about games, please. Has Blackberry attempted to get developers onboard or what? To me, this device is screaming for development to exploit it (and a rollout to 10.3.1 to fix a few things). Overall, I love this device but some things that secondary apps supplies are priceless. For instance, updates to The Weather Network app, some Logitech Harmony compatible apps, NFC payments, maybe original manufacturer apps from Fitbit and others would be a huge positive acknowledgement and endorsement from vendors.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 10:28 AM
    Developers gave up long before the Passport came out.... just look at the dates that the apps in question got their last update.

Slow sales was a reason for many developers to basically abandoned their apps in BlackBerry World... BlackBerry installing the Amazon Store and making Android Apps more compatable, was kinda a finial blow to some.

Yes there are still a few developers working to keep their apps updated and that are actually making money off of BlackBerry users...

Too be honest, what we need at this point is a clean sweep of some of the older apps - and a lot of the junk that is still in BlackBerry World. The Apps For are the main ones that are kinda taking advantage of the lack of the real apps, and hurting the platform along the way.
    edwinsberry likes this.
    02-03-15 10:45 AM
    I have had some luck with a "selective" device restore. That is ONLY "restore" the one app you want. Somehow this happened when transferring apps from Z30 to Passport.. Just do a backup before you do anything..

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 10:49 AM
    What are the exclusive Passport apps? Are there any?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 01:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Never really heard of one..... it would be a pretty limited market to only design an app for the Passport.

If there were one, it most likely would have to do with the keyboard..... if BlackBerry allows Developer access to it's APIs.
    02-03-15 03:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    The work wide app is a BlackBerry Passport specific app as far as I know unless they have made it compatible with other devices.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 03:34 PM
    The work wide app is a BlackBerry Passport specific app as far as I know unless they have made it compatible with other devices.

Posted via CB10
    I (developer of Work Wide) ended up adding support for the other qwerty devices and am in the process of adding Z support (landscape only). I'd still say it is the most optimized for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 and edwinsberry like this.
    02-03-15 03:49 PM
    Well, until BlackBerry releases 10.3.1 for all devices, I'm not going to touch it at all. And I'm very happy Passport user. Just I do it for fun in my spare time and I don't want to waste my time on checking which SDK supports what, which buildroot to use etc. And all is just politics - from BlackBerry not to release newer firmware and fragment the platform and from me not supporting it ;-).

Posted via CB10 from my Passport
    02-03-15 05:00 PM
    Asjk the OP a simple question.... if you are developing apps and you look to see who has the most user base.... Apple and Android with well over 100 million and BB with maybe 5 million... which platform is growing... which is dying.......who would you develop for>???? the OP should have done some simple homework,,,,, BB has left the consumer market to focus on Enterprise and the consumer devs left as well;,. may see some progress with business apps but in the end very little for consumers... time to face facts that for now at least the consumer has been orphaned by BB and left to our own devices ,,,,,pardon the pun....
    02-03-15 05:11 PM