Did u try your Sim in another smartphone?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 01:55 PM
    I don't have another nano SIM phone, but will test one at the office. I will say that it's stamped from a Micro SIM I was using in my previous phone. I really do hope it's the SIM card.
    07-24-16 02:02 PM
    Hello,

I feel the same, there are moments that grab the signal but it is very little density of radio but a bar, someone might already overcome this drawback that in view somo many as other forums also see presented "calls only of emergency"

Just knowing if error sim card slot or antenna behind the cover next to the speaker?
    if you ever find a solution the brindare also on my own @PeruBBM

Greetings.
    07-24-16 04:04 PM
    My PP is now having 'emergency calls' issue, it has also warped corner to corner, by 'straightening' the phone it seems to temporarily cure the issue, hope this helps.

Passport SQW100-10.3.2.2836/2876
    08-10-16 04:26 AM
    For anyone still having issues please see this post on the Blackberry Community forums.
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...s/td-p/3182922

We are trying to gather as many people together that are having this issue as possible. This is an issue that Blackberry has caused with their software.

If your phone does the same thing that mine does in the video below then you have the same issue...and Blackberry should fix it but they are stating that they do not have a resolution for it. http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000037544

Link to YouTube video showing how the call fails:

Last edited by jhoran1046; 08-11-16 at 02:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    08-11-16 02:16 PM
    Hi

I live in Malaysia. I switched my SIM card from the Passport into another phone and it worked fine, no issues. I placed a SIM card from a different carrier into the Passport and the problem is still there. The phone detects the carrier, indicates 4G service available (max. bars) but I can't make or rcv calls or use any data services.

Incidentally my wifi is also on and it's also a bit flaky - even though I'm in my house sitting barely 15 feet from my wireless router. Wifi signal is at full strength but no data actually flows.

This has been going on for just over a week now
    08-27-16 03:59 AM
    I have had my OG PP since release, and it happened to me since last Nov. Fortunately, my PP came with two year warranty and I ended up having replaced two times due to this issue. Apparently, it was a faulty hardware.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 05:59 AM
    Bump...Multiple threads with the same pronlem.
    01-25-17 08:10 AM
    Out of curiosity how do you take the back cover off a passport?
    01-25-17 08:12 AM
    So 2 days ago, I did a reboot (hold the power button, press Restart) on my Passport and when it rebooted, I had no cell signal. over the next 24 hours, I realized that if I kept it cold, it worked. Normal temperature, as in, beside me on my desk, it did not. I kept my phone in my small work fridge, running Blend for texts and emails and Bluetooth for calls and all day, it worked fine.
    TELUS says they think it's the antenna...
    My phone isn't 'warped, but it has flexed from time to time where it was sitting two corners off the table laying facedown, but it's a square, so I wasn't worried that was a big deal.
    I thought the cold versus hot note might help - if it's contacts, I can see how cold would help, but I can see how it would hurt as well.
    Any scientists have a thought about the impact of the temperature?
    02-22-17 08:20 AM
    So 2 days ago, I did a reboot (hold the power button, press Restart) on my Passport and when it rebooted, I had no cell signal. over the next 24 hours, I realized that if I kept it cold, it worked. Normal temperature, as in, beside me on my desk, it did not. I kept my phone in my small work fridge, running Blend for texts and emails and Bluetooth for calls and all day, it worked fine.
    TELUS says they think it's the antenna...
    My phone isn't 'warped, but it has flexed from time to time where it was sitting two corners off the table laying facedown, but it's a square, so I wasn't worried that was a big deal.
    I thought the cold versus hot note might help - if it's contacts, I can see how cold would help, but I can see how it would hurt as well.
    My passport has the 'emergency calls only' issue since last week. I don't want to give up on my passport yet.
    I think the issue is more a transmitting problem than a signal receiving problem. I found out that cell phones have a primary antenna and a diversity antenna. The first one receives and transmits and the second one only receives. I think the problem might be on the primary antenna. My theory is that the phone can hear the cell base but the cell base doesn't hear the phone, that way the cell phone thinks the cell base doesn't want to connect back.
    I have been on locations where my cell phone gets a connection, and can receive a call, but cannot get a call out of my cell phone.
    What I found is that normally the primary antenna is at the bottom of the phone while the diversity antenna is at the top. I will check further in this direction.
    02-26-17 11:32 AM
    I'm having similar problems with my passport as well: I loose connection to the network and only allows me to make emergency calls. My signal strength decreases when I call or receive a call. My texts take a long time to go through. Got a new sim card and still having the same problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 03:32 PM
    I had problems with a new sim i inserted...resulting in 'emergency calls only' and 'sim not detected'...it was a thin layer of gold foil that peeled off the sim contacts and bunched up at the opening of the sim slot shorting out some pin leads....took a few days to figure it out, but I scraped the gold clump off with my fingernail and my passport returned to flawless functionality! true story.

Posted via CBX
    03-01-17 08:30 PM
    I had the same problem with my passport I changed the back cover didn't work it's the connector or what ever you call it that is on the mother board that connects to the back cover what I did was buy a passport off kijiji.com for 50 it has a problem with some bottuns and stuff so I took the mother out of that one and put it in mine haven't had that problem with the emergency calls since then

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 02:45 AM
    hello

i just bought blackberry passport se
    i live in Indonesia
    got the same problem here with the bb passport se
    all works fine except it's hard to get signal and too unstable.
    barely able to connect to internet using mobile data.
    i also try different sim card from different provider still got the same result.

hope there is a way to fix it.
    03-04-17 09:52 AM
    Does anyone have blueprints or locations of different passport components like the antenna. I've been getting the Emergency Calls Only issue and I would like to try to fix it.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 06:15 AM
    Got the same problem. Took it to check it out and was told there are two reasons it would do that. First it cud be ur SIM tray pins, if it's broken or dented then it would not read ur sim right. The second which turned out to be my problem is that the antena is either broken or dented so it's not working right and the problem is if you replace it you have to replace the motherboard coz it's attached to it. So buying a new one would be better coz basically it's almost the same cost here.
    03-06-17 06:18 AM
    I doubt that its either of those things. this phone is a tank. I bet the gold foil issue is common....especially if you swap sims from time to time. easy fix!

Posted via CBX
    03-06-17 09:21 AM
    I just figured something out! if you put the wrong APN under network settings....surprise! you get the no svc/emergency calls only prize!
    to solve this issue (with my provider, ymmv) I just hit load apn defaults, then go into and out of airplane mode...and we're back. try it!

Posted via CBX
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    03-08-17 09:57 PM
    Bump.
    03-25-17 02:05 PM
    let me take a guess: where did you get your phone? look like it is either a reject, or damaged some what - should not lifting two corners face down. that means your antenna contact might be either mis-positioned or intermittent (not close contact as it design, or due to mechanical damage, it might cracked a little), when it is cold, everything contract, it might be bring the contact to close, become somewhat ohmic, or the phone is less "warped"... (did you replace your battery before? just curious).
    03-25-17 04:44 PM
    Just in case anyone is having this issue. Took the Passport out of retirement after cracking the screen of my DTEK50. I ended up ordering a motherboard for my Passport from ebay for $50 dollars and switched them out and I am back in business. I think this is the definitive fix for this issue!
    06-07-17 10:32 AM
    Hi All :

Some days it's just plain hard to be a Blackberry fan.

Unfortunately, I've officially joined this club. I've had the "emergency calls only" for about a couple of weeks... I think. I'm not sure exactly how long because it seems to come and go, but I have had people say my phone keeps going straight to voicemail so, I suspect this has been going on for quite a while.

I have wiped the phone, changed the sim card and sent it off for repairs through Rogers. They have just called and said the phone is unrepairable. I then contacted a 3rd party repair place and they indicated this is a known Passport issue and there is currently no fix available.

Checking the Blackberry "Knowledge Base" and the issue is clearly documented and indicating that as of April 26th "This issue is under investigation. A resolution is currently unavailable." Interestingly, it was also opened on April 26th 2017.

Like most of the club members, I'm not sure what to do. The phone is totally useless without a network connection, but I sure hate to buy a new one when this one is less than two years old. Further, why would I buy another Passport when it seems to have an unrepairable issue ! Keyone is an option, but in two months the phone will be half the price it is now and much more available.

If anyone has any updates of other inspirations I'd certainly like to hear them. Also, are there other threads that we might consolidate all the comments into one ?
    06-09-17 12:08 PM
    Hi All :

I just got off the phone with Blackberry Support and had a nice long but unrewarding chat.

It seems this reception problem/emergency calls is not only well known and under review but is apparently "a hard problem to resolve and may take several months or years to resolve".

From the Blackberry Knowledge Base;

BlackBerry 10 smartphone loses signal strength or experiences dropped calls
    Article Number: 000037544 First Published: April 26, 2017 Last Modified: April 26, 2017 Type: Support

I'm sure the agent had no clue what he meant by that as I'm sure he was reading it from a script. I asked should I purchase a new phone while Blackberry resolves this issue and he replied, yes absolutely ! I then asked if Blackberry would play to replace the device and he quickly indicated "no, because the problem is so hard, Blackberry is not sure who is responsible". I asked if I could talk with the Tech Support folks directly and he said that was not possible because I purchased the device from a carrier. So, I cannot connect with the tech folks to see if this is in the queue or is actually being work on.

I let him know that I would be posting the content of this call on Crackberry and that there was a growing number of Passport owners who were "joining the club" and that this will become a significant issue unless it's remediated or addressed with some sort of replacement plan.

All-in-all this looks very poor on Blackberry's part as I was always under the assumption that Blackberry's were industrial quality and would stand up to the most rigorous usage. Mine is used very gently for mostly email and phone calls for which it cannot now do. I was expecting to get four or five years out of this device, instead it seems it will die after only two.

If anyone can provide anymore insights or issue status, please add it to the thread.
    Last edited by EchoTango; 06-22-17 at 05:08 PM.
    06-22-17 03:20 PM
    Hi All :

I just got off the phone with Blackberry Support and had a nice long but unrewarding chat.

It seems this reception problem/emergency calls is not only well known and under review but is apparently "a hard problem to resolve and may take several months or years to resolve". .
    In other words, it is never going to be resolved...
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    06-29-17 03:42 PM
96 1234