In other words, it is never going to be resolved...
    They certainly didn't give me much hope. Although you have to keep in mind, the guy at the call center probably knows nothing and made up half of what he said.

At least that's what I say to myself in between the bouts of depression.....
    06-30-17 04:28 PM
    Brought my Passport to the service with same problemsp. A SoC has partially desoldered, that's the reason. It's impossible to repair the phone. SoC is covered with compound, there is a flash memory chip nearby and it's covered with compound too. They could try, but it would break the phone more.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-17 01:50 AM
    Brought my Passport to the service with same problemsp. A SoC has partially desoldered, that's the reason. It's impossible to repair the phone. SoC is covered with compound, there is a flash memory chip nearby and it's covered with compound too. They could try, but it would break the phone more.

Posted via CB10
    Can you provide more details ?

I contacted a third-party repair and they knew all about the problem but would not accept it for repair. They said no resolution was available and that Blackberry was working on it. Until then, we all have to just wait.

I wonder why we can't just replace the whole motherboard ?
    07-08-17 12:12 PM
    I have now performed a full reload from BB Link and still no network connection.

The Blackberry knowledge base still shows the 3 attached issues open with no resolution.

I wonder if any action is even underway ?
    07-15-17 11:09 AM
    Still crickets from Blackberry on this issue...

Article Number: 000037544 First Published: April 26, 2017 Last Modified: April 26, 2017 Type: Support

This issue is under investigation. A resolution is currently unavailable.

Many of us really like our Passports but unfortunately can't use them because of this issue.

If any Blackberry employees are monitoring this site, we could use some help getting some traction on resolving this situation.

We wait in great hope.....
    07-22-17 02:02 PM
    While my Passport will still not connect with the cell network, I now also seem to be having issues with the camera. The application occasionally won't start and I need to restart the device to clear it. It's like the device has alzheimer's and is slowly losing its mind.

Since it's now only a wifi email and camera device, this feature is quite important.
    08-11-17 08:08 AM
    My old friend has recovered from the "Emergency Calls Virus". Thanks to a Hardware Transplant!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-17 06:18 PM
    Just in case anyone is having this issue. Took the Passport out of retirement after cracking the screen of my DTEK50. I ended up ordering a motherboard for my Passport from ebay for $50 dollars and switched them out and I am back in business. I think this is the definitive fix for this issue!
    Thanks for comfirmation.
    08-12-17 08:01 AM
    Yup, same thing during a biz trip to BC, and even the wifi went south. Cracked screen and no lock w/magnet.
    Since mine has so much going wrong I'll just backup and toss it, and upload into a new PP SE I have waiting in the wings.
    I ordered a PRIV from Amazon as well since route BBOS is coming to an end and I'll have to take the next exit when the SE craps out eventually.
    Edit: Which I am loathe to do considering Imdon't know which is more distasteful, spamdroid or crapple ������
    08-12-17 01:53 PM
    Can't find a new motherboard on ebay for $50 and most are used or "as is" which might mean the board has the same issue.

Anyone taken a Passport apart ? Is it difficult ?
    08-13-17 09:49 AM
    I am having the same trouble... and am reaching customer care of my telecom provider to check if the signals are proper or not

Posted via CB10
    08-13-17 09:55 AM
    I am having the same trouble... and am reaching customer care of my telecom provider to check if the signals are proper or not

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to the club !

Don't worry, they'll be plenty of new members soon so you won't be bored or lonely. If your phone is over a year old you're out of luck as the warranty has expired and you'll have to either wait for a fix or buy a new phone because no fix currently exists.

However, I'm very doubtful Blackberry is even working on this issue or will ever have a fix.

So, all the Blackberry bashers out there are starting to make sense.....
    08-13-17 09:29 PM
    If you have the right T bits, It's as easy as watching a YouTube video.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-17 05:02 PM
    Thanks Sam !

I have looked at a few of them and it looks fairly straight forward with the right tools, as you pointed out. However, the cost of the motherboard is currently more than a complete new device.
    08-15-17 08:34 AM
    I purchased one on Ebay for $69.00, And it's working great. I hope that my Passport never finds out that it's outdated and no longer being supported! Because it still runs all the apps that I need it too.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-17 02:38 PM
    I purchased one on Ebay for $69.00, And it's working great. I hope that my Passport never finds out that it's outdated and no longer being supported! Because it still runs all the apps that I need it too.

Posted via CB10
    Was it new or used ?

I'm reluctant to buy used because it may already have the very same issue.
    08-15-17 03:50 PM
    There's always a chance of the used/refurbished board may have issues. But if you deal with sellers who have many good reviews and use Paypal, it should help if the item is "not as described" and you need to get a refund. Sometimes you just need to take a chance. Good Luck.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-17 05:04 PM
    If you remove the back from your passport, you will notice little indents on the antenna from pins that contact the antenna on the back. Gently pry the pins up to make better contact and hopefully will solve your problems. The pins are on little sprung cantilevers. That solved my broken gps. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-17 06:43 PM
    If you remove the back from your passport, you will notice little indents on the antenna from pins that contact the antenna on the back. Gently pry the pins up to make better contact and hopefully will solve your problems. The pins are on little sprung cantilevers. That solved my broken gps. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Does this fix antenna issues? I have a PP retired from this.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-17 08:24 PM
    It fixed my gps antenna...

Posted via CB10
    08-16-17 09:57 AM
    I don't think anyone knows for sure if this will fix the cell signal issues.
    08-17-17 08:24 AM
    I removed the facebook From my Phone and the problem was solved
    08-20-17 03:26 PM
    My Passport started the "Emergency Calls Only" couple months back. I tend to see it in locations that have bad signal and it's in my pocket. Before this last update I didn't have this problem so I think something is broken in this last build.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-17 03:16 PM
    My Passport started the "Emergency Calls Only" couple months back. I tend to see it in locations that have bad signal and it's in my pocket. Before this last update I didn't have this problem so I think something is broken in this last build.

Posted via CB10
    In my case, I started to get increasingly more comments from friends and family that my phone was going straight to voicemail. I put it down to "dead spots" but now I realise that the problem was slowly degrading the cell reception over time.

Sounds like you're on the path from the occasional "emergency calls only" to a complete lack of signal like the rest of us.

I wish other Passport owners would realise they are all potential members of this unfortunate but growing club.
    08-21-17 07:36 PM
    WE need convincing that other phones do not suffer the same problem due to technical changes, weather etc. strait to voicemail is normal during certain conditions.

So it doesnt sound like anyone is on the path to emergency call only anything to me imo.
    08-26-17 10:04 PM
96 1234