Hi,

I have installed the Google Play Store as per the instructions and I have installed multiple patched apps separately which most of the time work just fine. However, some of the home automation apps like Nest, IFTTT etc do not seem to be able to pinpoint where my phone is via Location Services. Looking at permissions everything is fine but also I can see that certain apps that use Location services are marked as never having done so (why I wonder - probably a mismatch between the app function calls and the BlackBerry redirection?)

Any hints in general?

Thanks!
    07-06-16 05:21 PM
    Hi,

I have installed the Google Play Store as per the instructions and I have installed multiple patched apps separately which most of the time work just fine. However, some of the home automation apps like Nest, IFTTT etc do not seem to be able to pinpoint where my phone is via Location Services. Looking at permissions everything is fine but also I can see that certain apps that use Location services are marked as never having done so (why I wonder - probably a mismatch between the app function calls and the BlackBerry redirection?)

Any hints in general?

Thanks!
    If you installed Cobalt's solution, there's an app you can download that will appear as a green gear icon, called Mobile Network. If you open it, there's an option called "More Android Settings" that will give you access to Location Access. Not sure if giving "Access to my Location" will help or not. I have it turned off and everything I use seems to work regardless, but worth a shot?
    07-06-16 06:10 PM