Maybe... just maybe Chen was right when he said people want a big square phone with a big square keyboard.
    09-24-14 10:32 PM
    Lol there's always one soiled person on each thread

Posted via my STILL NEW Zed30
    Perhaps you should learned how the bestseller list works. If in a category there is no sales in any given day, the item that record 1 sale will jump to the top of the list, so yes customers are buying it but it does not mean that many are sold
    tweinberg likes this.
    09-25-14 12:33 AM
    Just checked out google trends. Passport tops the 'hot searches' category.
    Notice it beats out 'bending' iPhones!!
    Attachment 300203
    My bad. I had an hour to kill. I searched for it 100,000 times.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 12:45 AM
    Sweetness.

Posted via my QNX Z30
    09-25-14 12:50 AM
    I went to the Blackberry site and their Amazon purchase link to me to the "sign up to be notified" listing. Then I did a search on Amazon for Blackberry Passport and found KICKmobiles selling it for $1049 (plus free shipping). Wow, phone scalping just like they are doing for the iPhones...ridiculous. I want one but I'll wait until they're available again.
    09-25-14 01:25 AM
    Typical Crackberry fanboys artificially inflating numbers by ordering the device over and over again. Not a reflection of true demand.
    Maybe I could order 7? One for each day of the week. Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 01:49 AM
    Awesome, very high interest. Hope it keeps up

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:38 AM
    Typical Crackberry fanboys artificially inflating numbers by ordering the device over and over again. Not a reflection of true demand.
    Yeah. I agree.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 03:08 AM
    Passport include Appstore from Amazon...
    09-25-14 03:13 AM
    Got to love all the irony-blind victims you gained with that post!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 03:26 AM
    So I guess Crackberry fanboys are all rich?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Since June, I save 50 Euros monthly in a purse... I had 200 Euros saved since the announcement of the Playstation 4...
    I give up the PS4!
    My contract can be renewed in November... I am still waiting ;-)
    If my provider doesn't support it, i'll buy it online sim-free...

Drop for drop, I'll get my glass full.

It has nothing to do with richness!

Live your dreams! Otherwise they never come true!

There are priorities in life... I have not the extra money, I can't get both... So bye bye PS4, hey ho BB-Passport ;-)

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-25-14 04:09 AM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Well said ani....

Life is a matter of attitude and choices...

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 04:27 AM
    You said, sexy beast. Hahahahaha

Blackberry Z30
    09-25-14 06:59 AM
    ...as of writing this it is showing unavailable :-(

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.2977
    09-25-14 07:11 AM
    It's not even on sale in the UK store.
    09-25-14 08:51 AM
    Just another sign of how well its selling, I placed an order online from BlackBerry to pick up the phone outright, today it was back ordered.

I just got off the phone with customer service at Digital River, and was asked to wait a sec while the rep checked the reason for the back order..

he said "Oh, yep it says here "very high demand" and as such they weren't even able to fulfill all the orders they took in.

It might be just an initial surge while all us crazies try to get our hands on one, but so far so good!
    09-25-14 11:45 AM
    In my opinion, 200.000 Passports sold in two days are very, very good numbers for this device.
    vtpmt81 likes this.
    09-26-14 11:16 AM
    In my opinion, 200.000 Passports sold in two days are very, very good numbers for this device.
    200,000 is really good. I am thinking that BlackBerry can sell a few million Passports and that is very encouraging.
    tanzarian likes this.
    09-26-14 11:23 AM
    Sarcasm?

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    09-26-14 12:30 PM
    Did you bother to look at the other phones topping this list?

The Passport is hardly in good company. #2 is a low-end, sub-$100 BLU device that is primarily marketed in Latin America. #3 is a deeply discounted (-71%) Samsung that is two generations old while #4 is the Moto G which Motorola intended for developing markets. This list is hardly the one that a flagship device wants to be at the top of.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-26-14 03:50 PM
    Did you bother to look at the other phones topping this list?

The Passport is hardly in good company. #2 is a low-end, sub-$100 BLU device that is primarily marketed in Latin America. #3 is a deeply discounted (-71%) Samsung that is two generations old while #4 is the Moto G which Motorola intended for developing markets. This list is hardly the one that a flagship device wants to be at the top of.
    Um, actually, sales are sales. In fact, what you're saying actually helps the Passport. A flagship phone selling as much as a cheap phone. Usually cheap phones outsell flagships except the short period after a launch, which is what the Passport is in, which means it's behaving similarly to other flagship launches, which is a good thing. It's definitely not as good as the other ones, but it's not selling worse than cheaper devices at the moment at least...

Dave Bourque likes this.
    09-26-14 03:55 PM
    Glad i got one on release day
    09-26-14 04:29 PM
    Sooooo, everyone is "loving" this phone.

I have a Z30 and I find it hard to believe that this Passport is going to make a dent in what this company needs. Yeah, the quarter went OK, but if they are going to continue to make phones for the business community. I see no real growth.

Blackberry Z30
    09-26-14 04:38 PM
    Just checked out google trends. Passport tops the 'hot searches' category.
    Notice it beats out 'bending' iPhones!!
    Attachment 300203
    And I would bet Apple's fine with that
    09-26-14 04:41 PM
    Um, actually, sales are sales. In fact, what you're saying actually helps the Passport. A flagship phone selling as much as a cheap phone. Usually cheap phones outsell flagships except the short period after a launch, which is what the Passport is in, which means it's behaving similarly to other flagship launches, which is a good thing. It's definitely not as good as the other ones, but it's not selling worse than cheaper devices at the moment at least...

Wrong. It's winning the special olympics. It's like saying the PlayStation 4 is a huge success because it's outselling PlayStation 2.

I think the Passport is stupid, but I was cheering on BlackBerry to release a product for people to come back to the brand, and was encouraged when I saw this news. There's more beneath the surface.

If you look at the top 100 cell phones being sold on contract, the Q10 for ATT and VZW are 56 and 57, respectively. There's not a single BlackBerry device off contract on the top 100. So yeah, I guess beating up on the BLU Advance 4 and Galaxy S3 in 2014 is considered a huge victory around these parts.

Hopefully this Sunday the NFL All-Pro team goes to battle with the local handicapped kids football team.
    09-26-14 05:52 PM
136 1234 ...