That's the most idiotic thing I've read today.

Posted via CB10
    This thread is fun.
    09-27-14 05:37 AM
    Passport = Amazon Best Seller!-img_20140927_124313.jpg
    Why does it say 899$???

~Omar Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.1154
    09-27-14 05:43 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140927_124313.jpg 
Views:	786 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	300952
    Why does it say 899$???

~Omar Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.1154
    Demand is higher than supply. Simple business, when there isn't enough and everyone wants one, why not cash in on it?

Posted via my Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1052
    09-27-14 05:53 AM
    Demand is higher than supply. Simple business, when there isn't enough and everyone wants one, why not cash in on it?

No. That's a different retailer.

Posted via CB10
    UnlimitedEra likes this.
    09-27-14 05:58 AM
    That's the most idiotic thing I've read today.

Posted via CB10
    Even Bla1ze has been suckered in! Love it!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:24 AM
    You're basically judging the results by the performances of the other phones around it. If numbers 2 and 3 were the Samsung Galaxy and iPhone 6, then all of a sudden it's a good thing even if the numbers are the same? Think about it...

Edit: How about flipping the coin. Is the iphone and galaxy also on that list? So since they are further down, does that mean they are losing the special olympics?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    People are buying the Galaxy and iPhone on contract, from their local stores. They're not going to amazon to order a passport, unless they're avid BlackBerry fans like us, who really wanted the passport.

So yeah, because nobody is buying the unlocked variants from amazon, the mainstream phones don't really show up for this.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:26 AM
    No. That's a different retailer.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I mean... everyone is cashing in on the opportunity to make some money off of it

09-27-14 06:28 AM
    People are buying the Galaxy and iPhone on contract, from their local stores. They're not going to amazon to order a passport, unless they're avid BlackBerry fans like us, who really wanted the passport.

So yeah, because nobody is buying the unlocked variants from amazon, the mainstream phones don't really show up for this.

Posted via CB10
    Who cares,.. people that go to a carrier store are basically pushed into the direction of whatever the store employees have been told to sell, usually with a nice discount if not "free" price tag, to oil up the pig.

Someone that buys unlocked on Amazon is doing it entirely out of their own will, with zero sales pitch, contract discounts or anything. And for the Passport it is even more telling,.. not only has there been absolutely zero mass marketing, its unconventional form factor, and most importantly, the fact that it's not even officially supported on any US carrier, make it a relatively huge risk for the buyer.

200,000 people were attracted enough to buy this thing despite knowing it is very different to what they see used to AND they might have to go it alone as far as getting it to work on their carrier.

That's basically the epitome of an anti-iPhone/Apple consumer, who just wants the same familiar thing over and over, literally insulted by any kind of learning curve, and can't be bothered to figure out anything other than which parking spot is closest to the Apple store "genius" bar.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:40 AM
    You know what, I have been beating this phone down before I actually held it and see what it has to offer.

I still think this phone is very unattractive device.

Blackberry Z30
    09-27-14 07:32 AM
    So, again, you dodge the question. Are you saying the Samsung Galaxy S5, LG G3, and HTC One M8 are not also included in that list? It's like saying a winner of a race doesn't matter since there are slow runners in the bunch... The inclusion of your so-called "losers" don't mean anything, it only means something if it's ONLY compared to them. Which in this case would mean the other big guns such as the Galaxy S5 was not included in that. So is it?
    What I am saying is even if the iPhone 6, Galaxy S5, HTC One M8 and LG G3 are on the list, any list that has a BLU device as #2 and an ancient (by smartphone standards) heavily discounted Galaxy as #3 and the lowest end Motorola device as #4 is not worth boasting about -- especially when that boasting is done by the CEO.

One of the posts above tried to make the analogy that this was like Mercedes topping the charts when Kia or lower end cars are in second place and so on. That is not what this chart is.

This chart is more like the 2015 Mercedes ML350 topping the charts with a 2013 Chery E5 compact sedan being in #2 and a used 2012 Kia Cadenza in #3. Do you honestly think that the CEO of Mercedes-Benz would find that something to brag about? No. Of course not. He'd rather be #2 or #3 or #10 in a list of luxury, flagship vehicles.

And, by the way, the Passport didn't even last that long on the Amazon list. Today, it's fallen to #2. Who's #1? The $89 BLU phone. Just like being #1 on this list isn't worth bragging about, falling to #2 in barely 24 hours also isn't worth crying about.
    09-27-14 07:53 AM
    lol, the list the Passport topped was like when NFL statisticians say "well, this quarterback is 2-0 when playing in a dome in september when the temperature is between 72 and 91 degrees".
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    09-27-14 08:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wait, so only BlackBerry users buy phones unlocked? It's not because people don't like to be on contracts? Wow, I learn something new every day...

09-27-14 09:34 AM
    What I am saying is even if the iPhone 6, Galaxy S5, HTC One M8 and LG G3 are on the list, any list that has a BLU device as #2 and an ancient (by smartphone standards) heavily discounted Galaxy as #3 and the lowest end Motorola device as #4 is not worth boasting about -- especially when that boasting is done by the CEO.

One of the posts above tried to make the analogy that this was like Mercedes topping the charts when Kia or lower end cars are in second place and so on. That is not what this chart is.

This chart is more like the 2015 Mercedes ML350 topping the charts with a 2013 Chery E5 compact sedan being in #2 and a used 2012 Kia Cadenza in #3. Do you honestly think that the CEO of Mercedes-Benz would find that something to brag about? No. Of course not. He'd rather be #2 or #3 or #10 in a list of luxury, flagship vehicles.

And, by the way, the Passport didn't even last that long on the Amazon list. Today, it's fallen to #2. Who's #1? The $89 BLU phone. Just like being #1 on this list isn't worth bragging about, falling to #2 in barely 24 hours also isn't worth crying about.
    So, if the new iPhone tops in sales in a list, and one of those nobody phones happens to sell really well that day or week because it's very cheap, then that means it doesn't matter that the iPhone was top of the list? But if it so happens that the Samsung Galaxy S5 is number 2 on that list that week, then that means it was a good thing for Apple that the iPhone was the top seller even if in both scenarios the number of iPhones sold were the same? We only judge it by what is around it? Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for that important information.

Ooh, and thanks for the car analogy. So the CEO of Mercedes will be disappointed with selling a million units of that vehicle if the #2 selling car that week was a Chevy and the other luxury brands were also on that list, but further down. But if he sold exactly that same amount, a million units, and #2 was a Porsche, THEN it would be a success? Wow, interesting... So that million units could be a failure one week because the #2 was one car, but that same million units will be a success the next week because the #2 was a different car... Very interesting indeed...

gokulesh, spikesolie and Katika99 like this.
    09-27-14 09:37 AM
    You really don't get it do you? iPhone 6 could top this list if it was available at retail prices on Amazon because it sold 10 million units of which at least 20% were unlocked based on news reports.

What is clear is that you, Chen and other fanboys are simply content to top the most irrelevant charts just so you can try to recapture the old glory days of BBRY. Sadly, for you, those of us in the real world see right through the silliness of your contentions. Being #1 in a list dominated by losers only says one thing: you're the #1 loser. Period.
    09-27-14 09:58 AM
    You really don't get it do you? iPhone 6 could top this list if it was available at retail prices on Amazon because it sold 10 million units of which at least 20% were unlocked based on news reports.

What is clear is that you, Chen and other fanboys are simply content to top the most irrelevant charts just so you can try to recapture the old glory days of BBRY. Sadly, for you, those of us in the real world see right through the silliness of your contentions. Being #1 in a list dominated by losers only says one thing: you're the #1 loser. Period.
    Oh ok, so today I'm a fanboy. It's funny how I switch between fanboy and troll almost on a daily basis. It's almost like I might actually have a fair look at it and will say the negatives when I see them and the positives when I see them. But nah, that's obviously not it though. You're most likely right, I'm just a fanboy...

I am sad you didn't directly respond to my comments though, especially the car analogy...

gokulesh and spikesolie like this.
    09-27-14 10:25 AM
    So, if the new iPhone tops in sales in a list, and one of those nobody phones happens to sell really well that day or week because it's very cheap, then that means it doesn't matter that the iPhone was top of the list? But if it so happens that the Samsung Galaxy S5 is number 2 on that list that week, then that means it was a good thing for Apple that the iPhone was the top seller even if in both scenarios the number of iPhones sold were the same? We only judge it by what is around it? Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for that important information.

Ooh, and thanks for the car analogy. So the CEO of Mercedes will be disappointed with selling a million units of that vehicle if the #2 selling car that week was a Chevy and the other luxury brands were also on that list, but further down. But if he sold exactly that same amount, a million units, and #2 was a Porsche, THEN it would be a success? Wow, interesting... So that million units could be a failure one week because the #2 was one car, but that same million units will be a success the next week because the #2 was a different car... Very interesting indeed...

Yea because not being on the list at all would say we're the top winners.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-27-14 11:49 AM
    Yea because not being on the list at all would say we're the top winners.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Pretty much...

All I know is, for a company struggling to sell 2.5 million units in a quarter (90 days) to sell maybe around a quarter million units in a single day, is pretty good...

09-27-14 12:06 PM
    Blackberry manufacturer excellent phones. However that is not the core of that they are about. Until you see that you will always try to compare sales of their devices to consumer ones.
    They are about security, productivity, connectivity, enterprise, and innovation. Not about appealing to the masses just for the sake of it being a nice toy.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 12:22 PM
    Yeah, being on top of an irrelevant list definitely makes up for not being on a relevant list. Great best!

Good job BlackBerry! You were able to defeat the smartphone titan BLU in an attempt to reclaim the crown. Next up? The Galaxy S4! And after that, the iPhone 5! By the time they're on pace for passports sold to keep up with those two, we'll have the Galaxy s9 and iPhone 19

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 12:27 PM
    Wow. Quite the conclusion you've come to. I'm not sure however that anyone ever actually suggested they were "content" with this one day Amazon result - just happy with the volume of sales (that happened to make the Passport #1 for a time)
    So, being first on a list for sales that could be considered irrelevant is bad and makes us losers?
    You were doing so well with trying to make your point....then you degraded to name-calling.
    That's too bad.

Posted from my z10
    09-27-14 12:43 PM
    Hahahahaha, too funny.

Blackberry Z30
    09-27-14 01:05 PM
    Wow. Quite the conclusion you've come to. I'm not sure however that anyone ever actually suggested they were "content" with this one day Amazon result - just happy with the volume of sales (that happened to make the Passport #1 for a time)
    So, being first on a list for sales that could be considered irrelevant is bad and makes us losers?
    You were doing so well with trying to make your point....then you degraded to name-calling.
    That's too bad.

Posted from my z10
    At some point you really have to question the motivation of going to another platform's fan site and arguing that their phone is at the top of the wrong list.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 01:09 PM
    At some point you really have to question the motivation of going to another platform's fan site and arguing that their phone is at the top of the wrong list.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, true colours are bound to show sooner or later

Posted from my z10
    09-27-14 01:37 PM
    That's too bad.

Posted from my z10
    I don't think he called any individual a loser. I actually agree with him entirely. People here are acting like this broke sales records, but it's just on top of a list of phones not a lot of people buy. If the phone were in the same company as the big names, then that's an achievement to be proud of. This isn't. Do you make sure your kids play sports where they don't keep score, and everyone gets a trophy?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 02:20 PM
    Good news
    09-27-14 02:39 PM
136 ... 23456