200,000 is really good. I am thinking that BlackBerry can sell a few million Passports and that is very encouraging.
    I agree. I read a article on ruter that said Chen said today there will be a bigger release of the passport next Wednesday. That kinda tells me that maybe BlackBerry didn't count on selling them out that fast. However I think BlackBerry has done a better job marketing it. I've gotten notifications from BlackBerry, and amazon about the passport. Even before I signed up for early order.

Rockin Z30 running 10.3.0.1154

Hello. I just got a call from BlackBerry and they noticed I'd been on there website looking at the passport and wanted to know if there was anything I need to know or if I had any questions. And she was so nice and pleasant.
    09-26-14 06:02 PM

Hello. I just got a call from BlackBerry and they noticed I'd been on there website looking at the passport and wanted to know if there was anything I need to know or if I had any questions. And she was so nice and pleasant.
    How did they know your number? Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 06:14 PM
    How did they know your number? Lol

Posted via CB10
    Got it off the bathroom wall. Lol

Rockin Z30 running 10.3.0.1154
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-26-14 06:23 PM
    fire phone sold 35,000 in one month... i think this partnership will favor BlackBerry in a very good way.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    nhanken and WWBlondieDo like this.
    09-26-14 06:30 PM
    Wrong. It's winning the special olympics. It's like saying the PlayStation 4 is a huge success because it's outselling PlayStation 2.

I think the Passport is stupid, but I was cheering on BlackBerry to release a product for people to come back to the brand, and was encouraged when I saw this news. There's more beneath the surface.

If you look at the top 100 cell phones being sold on contract, the Q10 for ATT and VZW are 56 and 57, respectively. There's not a single BlackBerry device off contract on the top 100. So yeah, I guess beating up on the BLU Advance 4 and Galaxy S3 in 2014 is considered a huge victory around these parts.

Hopefully this Sunday the NFL All-Pro team goes to battle with the local handicapped kids football team.
    You're basically judging the results by the performances of the other phones around it. If numbers 2 and 3 were the Samsung Galaxy and iPhone 6, then all of a sudden it's a good thing even if the numbers are the same? Think about it...

Edit: How about flipping the coin. Is the iphone and galaxy also on that list? So since they are further down, does that mean they are losing the special olympics?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-26-14 06:51 PM
    Wrong. It's winning the special olympics. It's like saying the PlayStation 4 is a huge success because it's outselling PlayStation 2.

I think the Passport is stupid, but I was cheering on BlackBerry to release a product for people to come back to the brand, and was encouraged when I saw this news. There's more beneath the surface.

If you look at the top 100 cell phones being sold on contract, the Q10 for ATT and VZW are 56 and 57, respectively. There's not a single BlackBerry device off contract on the top 100. So yeah, I guess beating up on the BLU Advance 4 and Galaxy S3 in 2014 is considered a huge victory around these parts.

Hopefully this Sunday the NFL All-Pro team goes to battle with the local handicapped kids football team.
    For BlackBerry any small victory is a huge victory. It adds up. People become interested again in BlackBerry and momentum continues to climb.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    RyanGermann and spikesolie like this.
    09-26-14 06:56 PM
    Wrong. It's winning the special olympics. .
    Not to offend anyone but,
    09-26-14 06:59 PM
    The # 1 selling unlocked phone is also the most expensive one. Somehow in troll world, when the Mercedes outsells Fords and KIAs, this is a bad thing for Mercedes. Considering that every customer in the US had to pay $600+ without a subsidy, that's not a bad number.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 07:22 PM
    How can you inflate amazon rankings lol
    09-26-14 07:32 PM
    Typical Crackberry fanboys artificially inflating numbers by ordering the device over and over again. Not a reflection of true demand.
    For those who purchased more than one unit without the need of it, i'm willing to pay half of what you paid for to have one of those babies. Its a win win situation, you get half of your investment and u put another Passport on the streets, free advertising
    09-26-14 08:59 PM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I believe they will sell more than one million blackberry Passports in the first two weeks... demand is there.. and this phone rocks!!!

... from my amazing Passport <3

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    09-26-14 09:39 PM
    Just waiting for the global release of the passport... and to see the numbers skyrocket.
    And its the first time by blackberry that they released device sales numbers for a bb10 device... that means they're actually optimistic and the passport is doing well..!

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    09-26-14 10:02 PM
    Um, actually, sales are sales. In fact, what you're saying actually helps the Passport. A flagship phone selling as much as a cheap phone. Usually cheap phones outsell flagships except the short period after a launch, which is what the Passport is in, which means it's behaving similarly to other flagship launches, which is a good thing. It's definitely not as good as the other ones, but it's not selling worse than cheaper devices at the moment at least...
    Behaving similarly to other flagship launches? You've got to be kidding. Have you not seen the queues for the iPhone 6/iPhone 6-Plus outside the Apple Stores? Have you not read the newspaper articles about 10 million iPhone 6/iPhone 6-Plus sales in the first weekend of sales?

Come on...Passport is topping the chart which includes un-promoted/un-marketed low-end devices intended for developing markets and "has-been" heavily discounted older and even discontinued models of high end, one-time flagship devices. I guess it's somewhat reassuring that Passport is beating out iPhone 4 (which is in 7th place on the list), a device that was first introduced over 4 years ago and discontinued by Apple a year ago.

Trying to spin that being at the top of a truly pathetic group is somehow a great distinction is like boasting about being the least ugly contestant in the ugly contest.

Frankly, if Blackberry wants to be taken seriously, it has got to do better than that. Sure, boast about 200,000 units sold in the first 24 hours of sales (frankly, that is impressive for Blackberry). But stop trying to claim greatness when any straight thinking individual can see how bogus that claim truly is.
    09-26-14 11:06 PM
    Such an ugly phone! Let's be real, man.

Blackberry Z30
    Are you suggesting you wouldn't use a particular piece of technology solely because of its looks?

Posted from my z10
    09-26-14 11:22 PM
    Behaving similarly to other flagship launches? You've got to be kidding. Have you not seen the queues for the iPhone 6/iPhone 6-Plus outside the Apple Stores? Have you not read the newspaper articles about 10 million iPhone 6/iPhone 6-Plus sales in the first weekend of sales?

Come on...Passport is topping the chart which includes un-promoted/un-marketed low-end devices intended for developing markets and "has-been" heavily discounted older and even discontinued models of high end, one-time flagship devices. I guess it's somewhat reassuring that Passport is beating out iPhone 4 (which is in 7th place on the list), a device that was first introduced over 4 years ago and discontinued by Apple a year ago.

Trying to spin that being at the top of a truly pathetic group is somehow a great distinction is like boasting about being the least ugly contestant in the ugly contest.

Frankly, if Blackberry wants to be taken seriously, it has got to do better than that. Sure, boast about 200,000 units sold in the first 24 hours of sales (frankly, that is impressive for Blackberry). But stop trying to claim greatness when any straight thinking individual can see how bogus that claim truly is.
    Don't take it so literally. We all know BB will not be making the numbers of the competitors. Simply saying that the initial launch surge is at least good enough to bump it to the top of the unlocked sales on Amazon for the time period.

And are you saying that phones like the HTC One M8, Samsung Galaxy S5, and LG G3 are not also included in that list? I didn't really study it.

09-26-14 11:26 PM
    I believe they will sell more than one million blackberry Passports in the first two weeks... demand is there.. and this phone rocks!!!

... from my amazing Passport <3

Posted via CB10
    Are you really really sure that you're a world traveler and former ceo?? You really don't type like one.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:35 PM
    For BlackBerry any small victory is a huge victory. It adds up. People become interested again in BlackBerry and momentum continues to climb.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    I agree but let's hope that these are genuine victories that are worthy of celebration! Blackberry has already been treated as a complete and unmitigated joke for the past few years. For Chen, in a public statement, to find something to celebrate in being the #1 unlocked phone on the Amazon chart when that chart includes phones that are hardly worth celebrating in 2014 undermines the tiny bit of credibility Blackberry has left.

I have zero issue with Chen boasting 200,000 units sold in the first 24-hours or him claiming that the Passport is sold out in certain channels. But, please, spare us the empty boosterism which only serves to confirm how far BBRY has fallen.
    09-26-14 11:36 PM
    Don't take it so literally. We all know BB will not be making the numbers of the competitors. Simply saying that the initial launch surge is at least good enough to bump it to the top of the unlocked sales on Amazon for the time period.
    If this was just some forum poster making a case for the Passport being at the top of this list then I'd really wouldn't have a problem with it. But when the CEO of a publicly traded company boasts about this "distinction" and does it in all seriousness, you have to really and truly wonder how desperate the C-suite at BBRY has become. When someone claims to be #1 at something, people naturally wonder who occupies positions #2, #3 and so on. And when you look at the other "winners" on this list, it really looks like a giant list of losers.

Let's see how the Passport does on a list that includes the other current flagship devices.
    09-26-14 11:41 PM
    If this was just some forum poster making a case for the Passport being at the top of this list then I'd really wouldn't have a problem with it. But when the CEO of a publicly traded company boasts about this "distinction" and does it in all seriousness, you have to really and truly wonder how desperate the C-suite at BBRY has become. When someone claims to be #1 at something, people naturally wonder who occupies positions #2, #3 and so on. And when you look at the other "winners" on this list, it really looks like a giant list of losers.
    Dude play in some traffic. How does this hurt BlackBerry? They sell regardless of which company they are in

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    09-26-14 11:44 PM

Let's see how the Passport does on a list that includes the other current flagship devices.
    So, again, you dodge the question. Are you saying the Samsung Galaxy S5, LG G3, and HTC One M8 are not also included in that list? It's like saying a winner of a race doesn't matter since there are slow runners in the bunch... The inclusion of your so-called "losers" don't mean anything, it only means something if it's ONLY compared to them. Which in this case would mean the other big guns such as the Galaxy S5 was not included in that. So is it?

09-27-14 01:04 AM
    Are you really really sure that you're a world traveler and former ceo?? You really don't type like one.

Posted via CB10
    Cmon bro,he is just being optimistic. We all hope passport sell well.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    09-27-14 01:28 AM
    I am really impressed with some of the comments.

The fact is that the Passport sold more than 200.000 devices in 48 hours. Taking into account that it is not a mass market oriented device it is quite impressive.

Second, I really have to make a huge effort to try to understand why being at the first place of the selling list is a bad thing. Weird reasoning.

Now I am trying to figure out the numbers that a full touch device would have...
    09-27-14 01:35 AM
    Please guys, don't feed trolls.

Posted via CB10
    eldrover likes this.
    09-27-14 04:23 AM
    Typical Crackberry fanboys artificially inflating numbers by ordering the device over and over again. Not a reflection of true demand.
    That's the most idiotic thing I've read today.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 05:22 AM
    Last time I checked, the iPhone 6 was number 51 on the list. It seems that the iP6 is mostly sold to people who can't afford to buy one outright, and end up paying a lot more for it through carrier subsidy. Away from subsidies and salesmen, the Passport is wiping the floor with it. Go figure.
    09-27-14 05:36 AM
136 12345 ...