06-13-15 07:11 AM
83 1234
tools
    I end day with approx 300 usage minutes everyday. All day on cellular data. Ends day at approx 30-40 pc and sometimes more or less.
    Attachment 355037

Posted via my awesome Passport
    That's a nice background. Where did you get it? if you don't mind my asking

Posted via CB10 on my all white Passport 10.3.1.2576
    05-29-15 09:16 AM
    I'm on 10.3.2.680, I get about 12 hours on medium to heavy use.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 09:26 AM
    That's a nice background. Where did you get it? if you don't mind my asking

Posted via CB10 on my all white Passport 10.3.1.2576
    There is website by name of papers.co here you select wallpaper then enter the device name and it gives you cropped image according to device screen.

Posted via my awesome Passport
    MrMousey likes this.
    05-29-15 01:53 PM
    I too am lucky to see 12 hours with my AT&T model - OS 10.3.1.1955 per BBVE. I'd characterize my use as moderate to heavy app use, but light on phone calls. That's with wifi on but bluetooth off.

Have started to play around to see if I can figure out which use/features drain the battery the most. So far, I've backed off from Blend except when tethered, and I've even turned wifi off recently, but I've not found a true smoking gun yet. Short battery life has led me to invest in BB 1.8A wall and car chargers so I can top off when needed.

I'm disappointed not to see longer life, but then I'm not sure what to expect - the slogan "your mileage may vary" comes to mind. Compared to my previous phone - the iPhone 4 - I'm seeing about the same life on average. On the one hand, I thought the bigger battery in the Passport would give me more hours, but then the Passport has the bigger screen and a quad-core processor, and it cries out to be used... a lot. Advice welcome.
    Three things have a big negative effect on my Passport's battery life: (in order of severity)
    1. being somewhere with an intermittent signal, or patches of no signal (eg driving down the motorway in and out of coverage)
    2. leaving 4G turned on (not sure if this is linked in some way to point 1)
    3. having Location Services turned on

If I am somewhere with a good signal, and have 4G & Location Services turned off, I easily get 35 hours + before the dreaded Battery Saving Mode kicks in.

I usually charge my Passport overnight every night that I am home (got the Charging Dock on discount from Amazon a couple of months ago - it makes a very good bedside clock), which is usually 4 nights per week.

Monday-Friday average daily usage is currently: c.350 emails (I have WiFi turned on and am usually very near an access point), an average of 110 minutes calls (mostly in speakerphone mode), and probably at least 90 minutes of 'Classic Words Plus'.

Immediately after an OS Update, the battery life is pants for at least 3 or 4 days.

Hope this helps!
    05-29-15 04:21 PM
    Passport - actual battery life in real use-img_20150530_012838.png

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 05:28 PM
    I'm on 10.3.2.680, I get about 12 hours on medium to heavy use.

Posted via CB10
    I must apologize. I forgot that I was working outside one day and needed to boost the brightness from quarter (approx) to half. Putting it back to one quarter, my battery lasts at least 18 hours (minimum) on medium to heavy use. Sorry about that, didn't want to mislead anyone.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 07:43 PM
    i get about 22 hours on heavy use, as in 1 hour (both ways) each day on the train surfing the web reading up on stuff while constantly seeking reception on a moving train, providing hotspot to my gf in the morning and evenings, frequently refreshing stocks, endless emails from the work space and messages from personal space. im not much of a talk on the phone guy though
    05-29-15 11:33 PM
    Three things have a big negative effect on my Passport's battery life: (in order of severity)
    1. being somewhere with an intermittent signal, or patches of no signal (eg driving down the motorway in and out of coverage)
    2. leaving 4G turned on (not sure if this is linked in some way to point 1)
    3. having Location Services turned on

If I am somewhere with a good signal, and have 4G & Location Services turned off, I easily get 35 hours + before the dreaded Battery Saving Mode kicks in.

I usually charge my Passport overnight every night that I am home (got the Charging Dock on discount from Amazon a couple of months ago - it makes a very good bedside clock), which is usually 4 nights per week.

Monday-Friday average daily usage is currently: c.350 emails (I have WiFi turned on and am usually very near an access point), an average of 110 minutes calls (mostly in speakerphone mode), and probably at least 90 minutes of 'Classic Words Plus'.

Immediately after an OS Update, the battery life is pants for at least 3 or 4 days.

Hope this helps!
    Very helpful!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 03:50 AM
    I get two full days on normal use of my Passport. I have gotten two and half days twice with my battery down to 8%

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry Passport 10.3.2.680
    05-30-15 04:02 AM
    Well what I have seen is that, phone calls consume a good drains in battery...and can I request all heavy users to post screenshots from their device monitor of their heavy usage, right now am with 77% battery with phone 6% and display 5.6%
    05-30-15 04:02 AM
    I have LTE on... mostly twitter and emails... 45-60min call per day... My passport on average lasts up to 48hours.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 04:03 AM
    With general day to day use (Browsing, BBM, TapaTalk, two email accounts, phone calls and text) I get almost two days of battery life. I don't have time for watching movies, listening to music or social media...
    05-30-15 06:01 AM
    I use my phone a lot, like about 100+ email everyday lots of reading bbms and what's app are a huge consumers of my battery. At the end of the day after 12 hours I am left with about 50% battery on an average. On some days when the usage is excess it goes to about 40% but never has it been that I start a day with full battery and at night end up with battery level below 10%, no matter how much I use it.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 06:18 AM
    I've got 3-4 days out of mine. 3 seems to be the regular with streaming audio from native music app every morning for and hour and an hour + going home.
    That includes emails mostly coming in and me using apps like I grann, wall10,crackberry,facebook,G+ through browser,texts and occasional Google talk.
    The power saving mode auto kicks on @ 20% and when I turn on bedside mode. Wifi and bluetooth constantly stay on all day as well.
    Passport - actual battery life in real use-img_20150419_215600.png

Passport - actual battery life in real use-img_20150512_102229.png

Via Passport via CB10
    Last edited by DarkJoker33; 05-30-15 at 10:00 AM. Reason: wifi BT power saving mode
    MrMousey likes this.
    05-30-15 09:58 AM
    With moderate usage (couple hours of music in the morning, lots of emails,TONS of web browsing throughout the day, and checking my CoC a few times) my average is roughly 30hrs. On light days its closer to 36, heavy days where I watch movies or game its around 24.

I often charge it every other day.

Am getting a 12 plus with 2-3 hours of heavy use... whatsapp,facebook,browser,other android apps. But still 12 hours!!! I go to bed with a charge say 50%, when I wake up it comes down to 25-30 or even worse. I keep display like 50% but still the maximum consumption is taken by display. Same case with you guys too?
    Attachment 355012

Posted via Passport
    No, your standby time should be MUCH better then that. Usually that is from running Android apps that do not cleanly shut down. With some Apps even if you X out their frame, both the android player AND the app process stays running. I'm assuming that even the BBW version of whatsapp is an android port, and can pretty much promise you it is doing that. You can check the CPU tab of task manager to see if they are still running even after closing them out, and if so force close them from there. Also, it helps to disable "Run while Minimized" on android apps unless you explicitly need them to be always on.

I only lose ~3% overnight when not plugged in. 20-25% is insane for standby drain.
    05-30-15 10:25 AM
    Heavy usage with 6hrs of calls. It gives 20hrs.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 11:56 AM
    FYI, WiFi drains *far* less power than your 3G/4G signal does, especially if the phone has to constantly search for it.

Even on T-Mobile with truly unlimited high speed data, I took to using WiFi where available in order to conserve battery life.

So, by turning off WiFi when you're in coverage, you're actually hastening the depletion of your battery.
    05-30-15 02:11 PM
    Thanks to BigAl for his advice - I will tweak those settings and see where I get. Fortunately, signal strength is good in my service area, so I wouldn't expect to encounter battery drain for that reason.

Meanwhile, I took the advice of posters in other threads to change Android app settings so that they don't run when minimized. Apparently the Kindle app misbehaves especially badly in this regard - can't change that setting, let alone even see it as a battery drain culprit - so I also followed advice to delete that one app. However, getting rid of it seems to have improved battery life greatly: only drained 7% in my first three hours of use this morning. That's much more acceptable!
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-01-15 09:40 AM
    I tried to set Amazon Kindle to NOT "Run When Minimised". But the option is shaded and will not change to FALSE. Why can I not change it? My Passport is fully unlocked and running the latest carrier provided OS.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 11:04 AM
    I just checked and my version does not even have the "Run while minimized" option either. I think my install is an old one though, most likely from Snap back when it had to be sideloaded.

Is yours from Play Store, Amazon Market, or an old install?

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    06-01-15 03:12 PM
    FYI, my version of the Kindle app was from the Amazon Appstore.

Also I notice that, once I turn off the "run while minimized" setting for Android apps, I am no longer able to access that setting through the Battery Usage pane on the Device Monitor.

Finally, I am now at 15 hours' usage so far today, with 48% of my battery life still remaining. Kindle-free seems to be better for the battery.
    06-01-15 03:38 PM

Also I notice that, once I turn off the "run while minimized" setting for Android apps, I am no longer able to access that setting through the Battery Usage pane on the Device Monitor.

Finally, I am now at 15 hours' usage so far today, with 48% of my battery life still remaining. Kindle-free seems to be better for the battery.
    Much better!

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    06-01-15 04:48 PM

Interesting, I downloaded the Kindle app (from Amazon Appstore) a couple of days ago and I've downloaded onto my Passport about 30 books from my Kindle Library and I've noticed no difference in battery usage - eg it's now 10pm, it's 14 hours since the Passport last came off charge, I have done a fair amount of motorway driving today (eg lots of in and out of signal coverage), had just over 70 minutes of calls, and my Passport Battery is still at 64%.

Question: did WhisperSync work on your Kindle app (it doesn't on mine - and it did make me wonder if that used a lot of battery if it was constantly trying to synch).

Pleased you seem to be getting more battery life again.
    06-01-15 05:00 PM
    How HOW do you gets get this kind of battery life????

Do you run only native apps?

I find I'm hard pressed to get to 12 hours

Please share some of your know battery killing knowledge so I can look out for these.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 06:45 PM
    What do you set your sync intervals at???

My email accounts are set at 15mins.

Is thins killing my battery? I find my PIM services are high and may be draining my batt?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 06:47 PM
83 1234