What do you set your sync intervals at???

My email accounts are set at 15mins.

Is thins killing my battery? I find my PIM services are high and may be draining my batt?

Posted via CB10
    I can't remember ever manually tweaking these sync intervals, so I assume they are all default

Account: Sync Interval / Sync TimeFrame
    Main POP3 account: 30 mins / 7 days
    Main IMAP account: 5 mins / 30 days
    GMAIL account: 5 mins / 3 months

Also have multiple accounts for which I cannot find Sync Intervals/Timeframes: Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, a Client's Email Account (which I believe connects to an Exchange Server), as well as other accounts that only appear in the hub (not in Settings) eg WhatsApp & TubeMap,

Does this make any sense to you?
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 06-02-15 at 03:18 AM. Reason: typo
    06-01-15 07:22 PM
    Btw, it's now 1.23am and the battery is down to 59% - so a drop of 5% in 3.5 hours - but I have probably played Android App 'Classic Words Plus' for at least 45 minutes - and have had 2 quick WhatsApp conversations (with some images being sent to me that I then shared - not interesting images unfortunately, just my sister's latest knitting creations!)
    06-01-15 07:24 PM
    Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 08:47 PM
    Also have multiple accounts for which I cannot find Sync Intervals/Timeframes: Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, a Client's Email Account (which I believe connects to an Exchange Server), as well as other accounts that only appear in the hib (not in Settings) eg WhatsApp & TubeMap,

Does this make any sense to you?
    I've run into this as well on my AT&T Passport. I found it quite disturbing actually. I remember being able to do it on both my Z30 and Q10.
    I havent figured it out yet though. I did not know if it was because I loaded a leak, and this was an over looked bug.
    06-01-15 09:57 PM
    Does it make a difference in Battery life if I have my unit keep all messages forever so that it has access to all my emails in my account???

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 10:16 PM
    This photo is a good indicator. I have used it all day with phone calls, messaging, Facebook and web browsing. Not shabby.
    Passport - actual battery life in real use-img_20150601_223626.png

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 10:37 PM
    (... not interesting images unfortunately, just my sister's latest knitting creations!)
    Sorry for going a bit off-topic.

Hi BigAl,
    Does your sister's knitted creations consist of garments or some kind of clothing accessories? I'm interested. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 04:01 AM
    Sorry for going a bit off-topic.

Hi BigAl,
    Does your sister's knitted creations consist of garments or some kind of clothing accessories? I'm interested. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely off topic!

She knits anything and everything (though she says that she has no plans in the short term to do another Harry Potter scarf..... I bribed her last year to knit one for my friend's birthday present.....).

The latest creations were some form of... well, actually I'm not sure, but I think they may be woollen dolls or finger puppets!

Passport - actual battery life in real use-nina_3_knitted_puppets_01june2015.jpgPassport - actual battery life in real use-fingerknitting_nina_mother_04june2014.jpgPassport - actual battery life in real use-four_fingers_08july2014.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Nina_3_knitted_puppets_01June2015.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	355621Passport - actual battery life in real use-sailor_sid2.jpeg
    Attached Thumbnails Passport - actual battery life in real use-sailor_sid1.jpeg  
    Zolti and Trauma Surgeon like this.
    06-02-15 10:07 AM
    Definitely off topic!

She knits anything and everything...
    Thank you. Please do tell me if she ever decides to sell these kind of goodies on eBay.

To the OP: apologies for the asked info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-02-15 01:52 PM
    Here is mine today. The System % is a little bit high, or what do you think?Passport - actual battery life in real use-img_20150602_231622.png

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 05:10 PM
    What do you set your sync intervals at???

My email accounts are set at 15mins.

Is thins killing my battery? I find my PIM services are high and may be draining my batt?

Posted via CB10
    Have you verified that all account info is correct?

With 3 email addresses synced my PIM battery usage is currently 2.3% after 9hrs off charger. Sync interval 30mins.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    06-02-15 05:27 PM
    Passport - actual battery life in real use-img_20150603_003654.png

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport 
    06-02-15 05:37 PM
    Have you verified that all account info is correct?

With 3 email addresses synced my PIM battery usage is currently 2.3% after 9hrs off charger. Sync interval 30mins.

Thanks! I've changed mine all to 30mins sync. I've had some accounts sync at 5min LOL

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 10:00 PM
    If your PIM services is on the top 4 of the list, u should be getting around 12-15 hours.

If your PIM services isn't on the top 4, u will get more than 15 hours.

So if u want to compare, compare with people who has the PIM services in the top4 or not in the top4, if not, u're not comparing it fairly.
    06-03-15 12:14 AM
    Plus, if your PIM services is not on the top 3, u're not considered a heavy user, even if u think u are.
    06-03-15 12:43 AM
    My average on heavy usage is 30-40 hours.(work as an account executive, so my phone is stuck to either my hand or my face). On less heavy days (eg. weekends) I can pull up to 55 hours out of one charge.
    On a side note, mobile infrastructure is amazing in my home country - that goes for 4G as well, and that has a lot of impact on how much battery is spent. Hardly ever use WiFi.
    06-03-15 03:39 AM
    Here is mine today. The System % is a little bit high, or what do you think?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150602_231622.png 
Views:	503 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	355718

Posted via CB10
    Yes, your system looks a bit high and looks like some apps running on the background consuming battery. Simplest solution is to reset the phone, or simply off it then on again. I normally off my phone at night and put it on the timer to charge for 3 hours. On it again in the morning and you get a fresh system running
    06-03-15 05:24 AM
    So far for today

Attachment 356226
    Attached Thumbnails Passport - actual battery life in real use-img_20150603_161900.png  
    Last edited by DarkJoker33; 06-05-15 at 03:52 PM.
    06-03-15 03:19 PM
    Plus, if your PIM services is not on the top 3, u're not considered a heavy user, even if u think u are.
    Totally not true.

PIM services are account sync dependent. More emails and accounts syncing, higher the PIM usage.

Has nothing to do with being a heavy user...you can have ZERO accounts synced and virtually no PIM usage but if you browse the Web all day, play games, and talk on the phone for hours then you will use more battery then someone with 5 accounts set to sync every 15 minutes.

BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-03-15 08:55 PM
    PIM services eats up battery the most, more than u think compared to any other programs.

PIM services will include messaging services, like whatsapp, bbm, wechat and the likes.

If you use these alot, u'll probably notice the PIM services being the top 3 of the most battery usage. And this will suck ur battery like a newborn sucking on ur t1ts.

If you don't see PIM services being on the top 3 of your list, it probably means u're not using them as heavily as u think u did.

A lot of people are confused why there are people who can get more than 24 hours of battery life. They need to know that, those people who can get more than 24 hours of battery life, probably don't use PIM services as much as people who only gets less than 20 hrs. This can be compared side by side using the device monitor page.

So, don't bother with people who posted that they charge once every two days or that they can last more than 24 hours after a full charge, because chances are that their PIM services is not in their top 3, and that you shouldn't be comparing with them.

Unless, of course, if the PIM services is not in your top 4, and u're still not getting more than 12 hours of battery life per full charge, something is wrong.
    06-04-15 06:35 AM
    Passport - actual battery life in real use-img_20150605_124550.jpgPassport - actual battery life in real use-img_20150605_124539.jpgPassport - actual battery life in real use-img_20150605_124544.jpg

This is the battery life that I'm getting after medium usage. I'm quite disappointed actually because all I see is people boasting about 2 days of battery life after heavy usage and I'm not able to get that. Is there anything else that can be done? I'm having 4 emails, whatsapp, linkdin and facebook apart from BBM and text messages in the hub. I'm also using skype, viber and occasionally play temple run. With all this, I'm getting about 15-16 hours daily. Is that normal? How can I extend it? I receive about 100+ emails daily and my 4g is turned on even when I use wifi
    06-05-15 02:48 PM
    The battery usage has exponentially increased since the new update. I'm noticing it's improvement every day.

Currently my device has been on for 13 hours and I still have 54% remaining (18 hours). Very satisfied.

Posted via my badass Passport
    06-07-15 10:05 PM
    You need to make sure that each app has its location service turned off and make sure that the option 'run when minimized' is off for EACH app. This will greatly help your phone

Posted via my badass Passport
    06-07-15 10:07 PM
    Pretty awesome at the lake this weekend, I was the only BlackBerry user, 3 iphones and one android, everyone was charging their phone multiple times and I didn't have to charge mine once, and still have 23% battery left!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    06-07-15 10:50 PM
    I never realized just how much battery life using the camera takes up. I was at the F1 Canadian Grand Prix this weekend and the most life I was able to get out of my phone was an average of 9 hours. And I didn't really utilize the camera heavily because of the battery's rapid decent. Not pleased with that aspect of it very much.

Posted via CB10 on my all white Passport 10.3.2.680 (official)
    06-07-15 11:35 PM
83 1234