I don't see accessories offered anymore on the blackberry website and I need to get a charger for my passport that can be used in a car. Anyone know where I can get one? Is there one that is unique to the passport or are they all interchangeable?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 01:20 AM
    As long it's a micro USB it usually work. Choose the one at least 1 Amp, and blackberry brand. Lower amp and other brand might not work.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 03:39 AM
    Why should other brands not work? Micro usb is micro usb. And 1 amp is definitely not enough. Using gps navigation with 1 amp it doesn't charge, but depletes battery, just slower. Go for 1,5 amps at least

Posted with my  BlackBerry Passport SE™
    10-10-17 03:51 AM
    What about power banks?? Will they all work with passport?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 05:51 AM
    What about power banks?? Will they all work with passport?

Posted via CB10
    Yep, just make sure they are good quality from a reputable source (Google 'lithium battery fire'), and are rated for sustained output of 1.5A+

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 07:35 AM
    Why should other brands not work? Micro usb is micro usb. And 1 amp is definitely not enough. Using gps navigation with 1 amp it doesn't charge, but depletes battery, just slower. Go for 1,5 amps at least

Something got to do with the chipset. Blackberry is a very picky device. Used to have a non blackberry charger and it doesn't charge, but charge any android device. It's just my personal experience. Blackberry passport have a minimum .7 amp to charge. anything lower, it will not even work. 1 Amp is not enough, probably. 2 amp charger will make the passport really hot especially with GPS on. 1.3Amp is ideal. The same as travel charger that come with the device.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 11:07 AM
    I have 3 different chargers, one old samsumg charger, one from the Nexus 5 and the original one. They all do work on my passport. Even cheap chinese chargers. And all of them were used with a third party micro usb cable

10-11-17 10:46 AM
    Not a car charger, but at my desk I use my old Playbook charger (1.8A).
    Charges quickly without overheating.
    10-26-17 10:10 AM