I dropped my cell phone in water (minimal contact). A day later it came back on but once it ran out of battery I could not recharge it.
    A friend suggested placing it in uncooked rice and let it absorb the liquid. After 3 days I recharged the phone and it came back to life! Then went to AT&T to reactivate the SIM card (had been using my Z10 as backup). I was told that the phone would not connect to the network and it was heating up. The water damage was finally showing its impact. But 2 hours later the phone started downloading phone and email messages!
    The only problem now is that the top part (both the screen and back) heats up.
    While all this was going on, I bought an unlocked Passport directly from Blackberry.
    Now I don't know if I should return the new PP back to BB or not. Is the old phone salvageable if it keeps heating up with varying degrees?
    Any advice?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 08:11 AM
    I think keep the new one because the water damaged one will die right when you need it do perform!
    You could also keep it for scrap and parts for other Passport owners looking for parts
    12-19-15 08:14 AM