telus site now has it at 700$
    09-24-14 10:46 AM
    Lol at all the people who bashed me when I guaranteed that it wouldn't be less than 700

Posted via CB10
    Well it's 699.99 on shop blackberry. So we'll still bash you.
    ThunderShock2005 likes this.
    09-24-14 10:49 AM
    Just got back from the Telus Store at the Eaton Center in Toronto. They had the Passport and there were two others in line interested in the Passport. Mine is in the idle of the file transfer. Sweet phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 10:50 AM
    its 700 on telus now gonna pick mine up at 10am
    09-24-14 10:50 AM
    It was $200. Plus $10 for the micro sim card plus tax. Total $238 Canadian.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 10:51 AM
    You're very optimistic. Foolishly so. BlackBerry won't sell direct for a while, which means that this is the SRP for Canada and BlackBerry just killed any and all chances of this device being a success here. At this price, the unlocked iPhone 6 Plus 64GB is very competitively priced and a clear choice. Keep in mind that this device will cost you another $50 to unlock on top of the purchase price. That's only $49 lower than a 64GB iPhone 6 Plus.

I'm very sad because I was really looking forward to this phone. Unfortunately I will have to settle for a stupid iPhone. At least when I sell it in 6 months I'm going to get 85% - 90% of the value for it and by that time the Passport is probably going to be on Craigslist for $350.

I've been with BlackBerry for over 10 years, and despite the fact that I have used other devices in parallel, my main device has always been a BlackBerry. Looks like no more. I guess this is how BlackBerry got to where it is today. Just look at how many fans are giving up on this phone right now. More will follow.

Posted via CB10
    Looks like you were wrong. $699 on shop BB.
    09-24-14 10:54 AM
    Looks like you were wrong. $699 on shop BB.
    Sarcasm? If so, good one Though I would like to say that it is great to see them selling the Passport direct from Shop BlackBerry. Too bad they only went 50% there and have jacked up the price.
    09-24-14 11:13 AM
    Do you really think people are cross-shopping the Passport and the iPhone 6?
    To be perfectly honest, yes.

Some claim that Blackberry is aiming for devices that fill a particular "niche" that sets it apart from the competition. That is untrue. The iPhone is a more general device but is still directly overlapping Blackberry's niche and it is often considered just as good if not better than Blackberry by professionals.

For further proof iPhone is competition with Blackberry, look no further than Crackberry.com. Many users have already admitted to switching to iPhone 6 or 6 Plus since the iPhone launch and this is more so than during the iPhone 5 or 5s launches.

Just claiming a niche will not guarantee a devote set of customers. Blackberry needs to specialize and provide extra incentives for this niche. As far as the Passport is concerned, it does everything pretty similar to past Blackberry devices.

At the end of the day, most iPhone users will not consider Blackberry but most Blackberry users will consider iPhone.
    dejanh and MarsupilamiX like this.
    09-24-14 11:39 AM
    Why do Canadians not get $599 or $660 if you want to add 10% fx?

Sucks.

Posted via CB10
    We pay 30% more for everything in Canada vs the US. On average atleast.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-24-14 11:46 AM
    Visited the Waterloo Telus store to have a look right after the webcast. I love it. Wish I could have bought one on the spot. But, I need an unlocked phone so that I can use with AT&T (company provided SIM). No lineups of course but two sold while I was there and a third customer walked in to buy. Of course this was Waterloo, so I would expect at least that much activity. The keyboard/touchpad/screen keyboard options would take a bit of getting used to but it seems intuitive and I must say, seamless. The screen is quite amazing to look at and the speaker volume as well is fantastic. Now, I just have to decide if I will order none right away. I still love my Z30, but the Passport is screaming at me!!
    09-24-14 11:50 AM
    Just to post my experience this morning. I was the first to purchase a Passport at the Eaton Center Telus store this morning at 10am. I bought it outright for 750 plus tax.

As I was checking in on threads through CB I saw that the price had dropped to 700 and I headed back to the store on my lunch break to get the price adjustment. The associate was even surprised at the price change from 750 to 700 but she honored it.

I was originally going to buy it from the shop blackberry site but why pay for shipping and have to wait! It's a good thing I'm a Telus customer I guess

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:12 PM
    Just got back from Telus on Bank st. , I'm on Rogers. I wanted to feel the phone. Great feeling phone, not as big as I thought. They had one tied down with a security cord. There was a BlackBerry rep there. He let me play with his. I'm very tempted to swap my z30 for it.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:27 PM
    dannykavs

Did you unlock right away?
    In store they said I couldn't do that. But, I just did an online chat with Telus and they said I could buy off contract and pay $35 to unlock while in store.
    09-24-14 12:29 PM
    To be perfectly honest, yes.

Some claim that Blackberry is aiming for devices that fill a particular "niche" that sets it apart from the competition. That is untrue. The iPhone is a more general device but is still directly overlapping Blackberry's niche and it is often considered just as good if not better than Blackberry by professionals.

For further proof iPhone is competition with Blackberry, look no further than Crackberry.com. Many users have already admitted to switching to iPhone 6 or 6 Plus since the iPhone launch and this is more so than during the iPhone 5 or 5s launches.

Just claiming a niche will not guarantee a devote set of customers. Blackberry needs to specialize and provide extra incentives for this niche. As far as the Passport is concerned, it does everything pretty similar to past Blackberry devices.

At the end of the day, most iPhone users will not consider Blackberry but most Blackberry users will consider iPhone.
    I might be off base bit I think that any BlackBerry fan who's seriously looking at an iPhone is probably put off by the Passport's... Um, uniqueness and is waiting for a new full-touch anyway.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:33 PM
    dannykavs

Did you unlock right away?
    In store they said I couldn't do that. But, I just did an online chat with Telus and they said I could buy off contract and pay $35 to unlock while in store.
    No need to unlock it as I use Telus for my service to begin with fortunately.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:37 PM
    Cobra, have you gone back and done this in store
    09-24-14 12:40 PM
    Cobra, have you gone back and done this in store
    Nope. In fact, I just posted in another thread. I ordered from Amazon.com. I had a big, and forgotten credit that I applied to the purchase. Now I just have to wait. I did screen shot the chat though, in case I did and they gave me a hard time in store.
    09-24-14 12:56 PM
    Going tonight to attempt a off contract and unlocked passport from Telus. Will post results.

I'm on Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 01:27 PM
    I was wondering if the phones at Telus are locked. The demo I used wasn't.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 01:28 PM
    No sorry that was the old CRTC;
    2 year vs 3 year contracts!
    No more double charging for cancelling your contract hardware subsidy return & data use cost $200 complete made up BULLSHIZ if you ask me!

Those two alone are gone and I'm more happy for it!

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    I'm happy that both of them are gone. The second one was just a penalty clause, and I think that's why it never existed in Quebec due to the Consumer Protection Act. The problem is the carriers deleted all their legacy retention plans during the switch from 2 to 3 year plans, as my friend found out when trying to negotiate a renewal with Rogers for an iPhone 6. I preferred the status quo because it allowed me to keep low monthly plans, and I could get a new device after a year and a half through 1) "hand me downs"; 2) buying a used phone; or 3) buying a new one outright. Sadly, this will no longer work for me.

On topic, I felt that offering the Passport at a similar, but lower price than the iPhone 6 was helpful in order to present the Passport as a viable alternative to the iPhone. I know they are very different phones, but I've seen lots of stuff in the forums where users were torn between both, and I figured the slight price difference might induce someone torn between both into getting the Passport. Good to see that Telus dropped the no-contract price, even if most customers get it on contract, just for the sake of public perception.

I'll probably get mine through shopblackberry, ship it to my sister in the US and pick it up when I go to visit. She'll get to play with it for a while, and can walk into the T-Mo stores and taunt the employees. Now all I have to do is to convince my wife: you can replace your ancient 3GS with my Z10 if I get the Passport (plus the bonus of no more poor battery life rants )
    09-24-14 02:07 PM
    700.00 now updated today
    09-24-14 02:46 PM
    Better go here, 700.00 http://www.telus.com/en/bc/mobility/...CardBBPassport

For the person on the move - BB10-10.3.0.1130+ Pebble
    09-24-14 02:48 PM
    I wouldn't count on Bell. As soon as the news broke of Telus having the Passport live on their website, I logged into Bell and brought up a chat with a CSR who told me "I can give you no confirmation that we will be carrying that phone in the near future its name does not appear in the whitesheets."

So maybe these rumors of a Telus exclusive for a week are true

I'm a grown-up. I'll live.
    I haven't seen anything on OneSource. If I do I'll let you know. I'm back in tomorrow. That's where we will see it first.
    09-24-14 03:03 PM
    Incentive to buy direct from BB for $699 not the carrier.
    09-24-14 05:34 PM
    *sniff* nothing on Bell yet...
    Telus has rights until october. other carriers cant advertise (from what the telus guy said at the keynote)

also, i would like to point out that in the keynote even Chen himself said he had no idea why it was $100 more in canada. he SAID IT HIMSELF! So the people bashing the upset canadians need to realize this. it is RIDICULOUS!

To make it more IDIOTIC, the contract price in the US is $250... the same as Canada. but if you want it off contract in Canada... give us $100, for no reason.
    09-24-14 05:55 PM
160 ... 34567