I was in a Telus store today and the manager said they are selling tomorrow for $599. I asked him a few times and he was sure that the price was correct. Take that for whatever it is worth.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 01:17 AM
    As awesome as that pic is, it doesn't necessarily mean the phone will actually be available.

But keep feeding me false hope, why don't ya?
    At least we aren't on American carriers...

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 01:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    LOL... can't argue with that! At worst, I'll be able to visit my local Telus store (which up to now I haven't set foot in), and beg them to let me touch their demo model tomorrow...
    09-24-14 01:24 AM
    The big three telcos do this with a lot of phones. Look at the Nexus 5 and the price they charge. My negative experience with Rogers trying to find a BlackBerry Z30 (in August 2014) and having to go to 6 stores until I found one (call centre didn't have it, yet website said it was in stock). They constantly tried to get me to buy anything else, even Windows Phone, just to make a sale (this was a corporate store no less not a franchise store).

In the end it was an independent dealer that had a policy to stock every BlackBerry device even if only a few units, so they can always get the customer what they want.

I am definitely buying my next smartphone outright. Charging $750 for a $599 phone is just pure profiteering. I'm really annoyed with the cellular service oligopoly we have in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 01:28 AM
    I thought it was supposed to be $599!

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    09-24-14 01:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Right... Y'all complaining about that price but you know us 'mercans gonna be buying them from one of the Canadian stores just to be sure we have one.... Just like I did with my Z10. Premium or not, I needz that phone in my life...even if I have to call the HelpDesk in India to get it.
    09-24-14 01:34 AM
    I thought it was supposed to be $599!

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    It is (or, at least CDN$649). Telus is being greedy. BlackBerry can't force them to charge suggested retail.
    09-24-14 01:34 AM
    As usual $200 overpriced with no market share to justify the cost. I'll wait 3 months when they blow them out..
    MarsupilamiX and dejanh like this.
    09-24-14 01:38 AM
    The picture is mental as well as the price.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    09-24-14 01:49 AM
    Exactly, and it will likely be several days before it's available on either.

This is Telus being nakedly greedy. No reflection on BlackBerry.

If there's a bright side, it's that Telus actually believes there are customers for the Passport at $750...
    I'm sure they will have no problem selling their initial stock at $750 or even $850. But yes they are soaking the early adopters because they can. Bet you'll see them on Ebay for 1K+ since who knows what date stateside carriers will have it.
    09-24-14 02:20 AM
    By initial stock you mean 10 phones?
    dejanh and sentimentGX4 like this.
    09-24-14 02:46 AM
    Solution = buy US passport.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247

Hopefully the US carriers carry it..

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:28 AM
    $750?

sandman10 puts his $599-650 that it should cost, back in his wallet.

No passport for me for now.
    dejanh likes this.
    09-24-14 03:35 AM
    Again, folks, this is carrier pricing, and they know that people are willing to pay a premium, especially to get it first day.

I REALLY doubt this is BlackBerry's suggested retail price.
    You're very optimistic. Foolishly so. BlackBerry won't sell direct for a while, which means that this is the SRP for Canada and BlackBerry just killed any and all chances of this device being a success here. At this price, the unlocked iPhone 6 Plus 64GB is very competitively priced and a clear choice. Keep in mind that this device will cost you another $50 to unlock on top of the purchase price. That's only $49 lower than a 64GB iPhone 6 Plus.

I'm very sad because I was really looking forward to this phone. Unfortunately I will have to settle for a stupid iPhone. At least when I sell it in 6 months I'm going to get 85% - 90% of the value for it and by that time the Passport is probably going to be on Craigslist for $350.

I've been with BlackBerry for over 10 years, and despite the fact that I have used other devices in parallel, my main device has always been a BlackBerry. Looks like no more. I guess this is how BlackBerry got to where it is today. Just look at how many fans are giving up on this phone right now. More will follow.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dejanh; 09-24-14 at 03:51 AM.
    09-24-14 03:40 AM
    You're very optimistic. Foolishly so. BlackBerry won't sell direct for a while, which means that this is the SRP for Canada and BlackBerry just killed any and all chances of this device being a success here. At this price, the unlocked iPhone 6 Plus 64GB is very competitively priced and a clear choice. Keep in mind that this device will cost you another $50 to unlock on top of the purchase price. That's only $49 lower than a 64GB iPhone 6 Plus.

I'm very sad because I was really looking forward to this phone. Unfortunately I will have to settle for a stupid iPhone. At least when I sell it in 6 months I'm going to get 85% - 90% of the value for it and by that time the Passport is probably going to be on Craigslist for $350.

I've been with BlackBerry for over 10 years, and despite the fact that I have used other devices in parallel, my main device has always been a BlackBerry. Looks like no more. I guess this is how BlackBerry got to where it is today. Just look at how many fans are giving up on this phone right now. More will follow.

Posted via CB10
    The device didn't even launch yet..

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:53 AM
    The device didn't even launch yet..

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't matter my friend. Unless something magical happens, this phone is priced out of the market. $750 plus tax for a locked device, BlackBerry of all things, is atrocious. Only a fool would pay that.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 04:03 AM
    It doesn't matter my friend. Unless something magical happens, this phone is priced out of the market. $750 plus tax for a locked device, BlackBerry of all things, is atrocious. Only a fool would pay that.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that the price tag is high , but hopefully we are missing some details and carriers will adjust the price sooon..

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 04:07 AM
    The only phones the Canadian carriers don't mark up are iPhones because Apple has market share to say "you must sell them at the price we set, or not at all. And they must have their own special displays or you can't have them."

Example. Ordering a Nexus 5 from the google play store will cost about $350 (I'm not positive that's the Canadian Price, the google store is being really buggy today) where as with Telus, it is $500 off contract. Adding at least $100 is the norm for the carriers.
    09-24-14 04:25 AM
    Carriers price gouging??? Who would have thought that eh??

Highly unlikely that BlackBerry have said to carriers, sell it at 700+. Plus as someone has earlier said, not many people buy offline from a carrier and because of that, they charge alot more for that option.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 04:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Do you really think people are cross-shopping the Passport and the iPhone 6?
    09-24-14 05:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    Again, TELUS DOESN'T WANT PEOPLE BUYING OFF-CONTRACT. They'll sell to people who are desperate enough to pay this early-adopter tax, but I'll bet they don't expect to sell many at this price, either.
    09-24-14 05:03 AM
    $750 on Telus? Okay Rogers do your thing $799, boom topped.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:48 AM
    Their frequencies list for the Passport is missing Bands I and IV (2100/1700) I thought it was pentaband...
    09-24-14 06:22 AM
    $599 usd = $655 can

I.might just go USA to buy one then.

I wonder if they will have wireless charging?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 06:29 AM
    $599 usd = $655 can

I.might just go USA to buy one then.

I wonder if they will have wireless charging?

Posted via CB10
    I don't see any signs of passport around here..
    09-24-14 06:36 AM
160 12345 ...