Two threads merged together on this.

$750 is really disappointing. I was really hoping the $599 rumour was true and they had made an 11th hour price revision. Guess not.
    dejanh likes this.
    09-24-14 12:02 AM
    Two threads merged together on this.

$750 is really disappointing. I was really hoping the $599 rumour was true and they had made an 11th hour price revision. Guess not.
    Given that John Chen himself said that it will be $599 US... I doubt Telus is right here.
    BlackBerry Passport to retail in US for $599 off-contract - CNET

It can be $650 Canadian due to the exchange rate, but $750 is just too much.
    09-24-14 12:08 AM
    Come on, look what people pay for an iPhone, we want a phone that is probably a lot better than the iPhone but as BlackBerry lovers we don't want to pay. If BlackBerry was charging what apple does maybe they wouldn't be in this slump.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:10 AM
    BlackBerry� Passport | Smartphones | Mobility | TELUS.com

Also look at how they skewed the dimensions of the device

WTF lol

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but that's just plain stupid. I'm sure it's going to be a well built and nice phone. However at $750 + HST, that's a joke.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:11 AM
    Again, folks, this is carrier pricing, and they know that people are willing to pay a premium, especially to get it first day.

I REALLY doubt this is BlackBerry's suggested retail price.
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-24-14 12:12 AM
    I'm sure Bell rogers and Telus will all have it tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:14 AM
    I'll wait until the official reveal at 9am EST before I believe this price. But if it's true, MAJOR fail on BB's part unless they sell directly on their site.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    dejanh likes this.
    09-24-14 12:16 AM
    I travel to Canada (Toronto) fairly regularly (from Ohio). I may start entertaining orders for a small convenience fee, once it is released here.
    09-24-14 12:16 AM
    Solution = buy US passport.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-24-14 12:21 AM
    I'm sure Bell rogers and Telus will all have it tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't count on Bell. As soon as the news broke of Telus having the Passport live on their website, I logged into Bell and brought up a chat with a CSR who told me "I can give you no confirmation that we will be carrying that phone in the near future its name does not appear in the whitesheets."

So maybe these rumors of a Telus exclusive for a week are true

I'm a grown-up. I'll live.
    Elite1 and bbquincar like this.
    09-24-14 12:22 AM
    Sitting back and monitoring this thread waiting for people complaining about the price. There was an uprising on other threads when $599 was announced.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:23 AM
    I'll wait until the official reveal at 9am EST before I believe this price. But if it's true, MAJOR fail on BB's part unless they sell directly on their site.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    1) BlackBerry has no control over the price Telus chooses to sell their product for.

2) BlackBerry typically doesn't sell online immediately either. The only reason Apple gets away with it is because they sell in such volume that they actually DO influence carrier policy.
    09-24-14 12:23 AM
    I wouldn't count on Bell. As soon as the news broke of Telus having the Passport live on their website, I logged into Bell and brought up a chat with a CSR who told me "I can give you no confirmation that we will be carrying that phone in the near future its name does not appear in the whitesheets."

So maybe these rumors of a Telus exclusive for a week are true

I'm a grown-up. I'll live.

Passport is 0 off contract from Telus-mockit_24092014004830.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 and Nharzhool like this.
    09-24-14 12:24 AM
    That's Canada for you. Where the CRTC's interference actually resulted in less choice for consumers.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    No sorry that was the old CRTC;
    2 year vs 3 year contracts!
    No more double charging for cancelling your contract hardware subsidy return & data use cost $200 complete made up BULLSHIZ if you ask me!

Those two alone are gone and I'm more happy for it!

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    09-24-14 12:25 AM
    The picture of the phone is absolutely ridiculous; as if they're intentionally trying to make it look like your average smartphone. If I was BlackBerry I would be all over this.
    If you see in this picture, the default width for phones is set to 252 pixels, I checked, all the phones have the same width. It has nothing to do with Telus trying to make it look bad, it's just preset defaults. I disabled the preset width to show you what it should look like, all though that throws the centering off.

http://i.imgur.com/obqyfhU.png
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-24-14 12:27 AM
    Again, folks, this is carrier pricing, and they know that people are willing to pay a premium, especially to get it first day.

I REALLY doubt this is BlackBerry's suggested retail price.
    I agree.. that's the carriers price and once other carriers have the pricing will vary a fair bit from one to another.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by robert_in_la; 09-24-14 at 10:52 AM.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-24-14 12:29 AM
    telus also has the iPhone 6 16 gig for 750 off contract, and the 64 gig is 840 off contract. 750 for Passport is in line with that.
    09-24-14 12:31 AM
    I travel to Canada (Toronto) fairly regularly (from Ohio). I may start entertaining orders for a small convenience fee, once it is released here.
    I travel between Los Angeles and Vancouver every 3-4 weeks. If anyone wants me to pick one up for them I'm heading to Van a week from today.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:31 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MockIt_24092014004830.jpg 
Views:	1298 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	299975

Posted via CB10
    As awesome as that pic is, it doesn't necessarily mean the phone will actually be available.

But keep feeding me false hope, why don't ya?
    09-24-14 12:35 AM
    At the bottom in the fine print it says "2.Offer available until September 30, 2014"

It's possible this is special first week introductory pricing, encouraging you to get it on a contract.

It may actually be cheaper direct from BlackBerry.
    09-24-14 12:37 AM
    To everyone complaining about the price increase from $599 to what ever else. This is what happened to me with my Q5.

In Africa the Q5 was priced at $499, so I was like wow for the cheapest phone that's a mighty high price. So I waited about 6 months. Then picked up the phone for $229.

If the passport comes out with a too high price and no one buys, BlackBerry will without a doubt lower the price quickly because they are banking on this selling well. Patience and you will be rewarded

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    09-24-14 12:44 AM
    That's Canada for you. Where the CRTC's interference actually resulted in less choice for consumers.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    The CRTC has absolutely zero influence over off-contract pricing. They never did regulate that.
    09-24-14 12:47 AM
    What they're having a hard time with is that it's that much more than the price Chen quoted.

They're not realizing that the carriers really don't WANT you buying off-contract. Telus is charging above SRP.
    This.

This is the equivalent of going to Best Buy in the US and buying off contract there. All phones at Best Buy off-contract are up-priced so that they sell more two year agreements. It's sneaky business. The two-year agreement is more valuable to them. I bet you can buy it fully for much cheaper on either BlackBerry's store or Amazon.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-24-14 12:47 AM
    This.

This is the equivalent of going to Best Buy in the US and buying off contract there. All phones at Best Buy off-contract are up-priced so that they sell more two year agreements. It's sneaky business. I bet you can buy it fully for much cheaper on either BlackBerry's store or Amazon.
    Exactly, and it will likely be several days before it's available on either.

This is Telus being nakedly greedy. No reflection on BlackBerry.

If there's a bright side, it's that Telus actually believes there are customers for the Passport at $750...
    Moopusmaximus and Nharzhool like this.
    09-24-14 12:48 AM
    I will definitely have to wait to buy it. Just like Q10, price will come down fairly soon I hope. Maybe before Christmas??

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 01:17 AM
160 1234 ...