Is it still worth owning a Blackberry phone that runs BB10 in 2019
    You have to take care of it, as it's on a ventilator!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-19 10:12 AM
    You have to take care of it, as it's on a ventilator!

Posted via CB10
    I feel like BBAndroid in hospice care or will be soon. That’s ok, we’ve been here before.
    11-09-19 10:23 AM
    I feel like BBAndroid in hospice care or will be soon. That’s ok, we’ve been here before.
    It's just that no doctor is ready to analyse or treat our fav passport! It's just tryna breathe till the end!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-19 10:26 AM
    If you just want a basic device to handle your email and sms, then sure. Otherwise you would be best to look elsewhere.
    I keep seeing this comment, and it leaves me confused. Leaving aside the question of third party apps, there are a number of native functions that are still best in class:

Contact management, which allows for much finer data segregation and notification customization and control than anything on Android, including the Hub+ Suite. Contacts works with Exchange, Outlook.com, Google, and all other major services that any company or individual might want.

Calendar Management. Works perfectly with Exchange, Outlook.com, Google, and all other major services that any company or individual might want.

Remember Tasks: Works with Outlook.com, and Exchange (Also with Groupwise! LOL)

Remember Notes: works with Exchange.com

While it is definitely not comparable to iOS or Android in terms of app availability, BB10 can manage a whole lot more than just email and SMS. It's a very full-featured personal information manager. Even though PIMs are "old school" tech that reached their peak in the early 00s, that doesn't mean they aren't a critical part of a productivity stack. If that's all someone needs from a mobile device, BB10 still compares with the very best tech available.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    11-09-19 11:58 AM
    I keep seeing this comment, and it leaves me confused. Leaving aside the question of third party apps, there are a number of native functions that are still best in class:

Contact management, which allows for much finer data segregation and notification customization and control than anything on Android, including the Hub+ Suite. Contacts works with Exchange, Outlook.com, Google, and all other major services that any company or individual might want.

Calendar Management. Works perfectly with Exchange, Outlook.com, Google, and all other major services that any company or individual might want.

Remember Tasks: Works with Outlook.com, and Exchange (Also with Groupwise! LOL)

Remember Notes: works with Exchange.com

While it is definitely not comparable to iOS or Android in terms of app availability, BB10 can manage a whole lot more than just email and SMS. It's a very full-featured personal information manager. Even though PIMs are "old school" tech that reached their peak in the early 00s, that doesn't mean they aren't a critical part of a productivity stack. If that's all someone needs from a mobile device, BB10 still compares with the very best tech available.

You're still just talking about email though. And "better" is subjective.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-09-19 12:08 PM
    It’s like saying my horse is better than your car because I don’t have to buy gas.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    11-09-19 12:52 PM
    How are notes, tasks, contacts and calendars email???

anon(10387168) likes this.
    11-09-19 01:22 PM
    It’s like saying my horse is better than your car because I don’t have to buy gas.
    Not a good analogy. It's exact the same tech and protocols. More like stripped down track car vs a minivan with a gazillion silly features and cup holders.

Most consumers want the minivan, because they like being distracted by the gadgets. The same goes for Android's versions of the core PIM components.

11-09-19 01:26 PM
    Not a good analogy. It's exact the same tech and protocols. More like stripped down track car vs a minivan with a gazillion silly features and cup holders.

Most consumers want the minivan, because they like being distracted by the gadgets. The same goes for Android's versions of the core PIM components.

vs.

11-09-19 01:30 PM
    Not at all subjective in terms of efficiency. Fewer taps, screens, and controls to accomplish the same tasks, with more granular data segregation and notification controls.

11-09-19 01:30 PM
    [IMG=466x298]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191109/883d9d9624c1358f94aa01b4feeba48f.jpg[/url]

vs.

[IMG=512x288]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191109/034e12cb7368c6d85b895a4d019a2299.jpg[/url]
    I wish that were true! If I could go faster with better control using Android, I would toss my BB10 phone today!

11-09-19 01:32 PM
    I wish that were true! If I could go faster with better control using Android, I would toss my BB10 phone today!

All kidding aside, I still have my iPhone SE which I use during the week at work as my personal phone. Since I have to carry a company phone, I don’t want to have to carry 2 large ones. It’s small and I only keep the basic apps on it but it works for me. On the weekend I pull out my Xr.
    11-09-19 01:35 PM
    Not at all subjective in terms of efficiency. Fewer taps, screens, and controls to accomplish the same tasks, with more granular data segregation and notification controls.

Agree to disagree. I find simple tasks either more difficult or impossible to do.
    11-09-19 02:40 PM
    Agree to disagree. I find simple tasks either more difficult or impossible to do.
    Since I don't believe the number of steps to complete a task is subjective, I think we are probably speaking about different tasks with different assumptions about what it takes to complete them.

I will try to put together a "test suite" of tasks based on a typical work day to illustrate how I evaluate PIM functionality. Because it may attract a certain amount of geeky interest I'll post the suite and a comparison of BB10 and my KEYone in a new thread so people can pick it apart and add their observations.

11-09-19 06:33 PM
    I think we dont include calender contacts and other functions because they do exist on all phones. I dont find that bb10 was far and away better at it though than current offerings. And for most users I am sure they are the same. Its certainly not bashing bb10 when those arent listed its just that the point the bb10 gets you by for basic tasks is correct but dont expect more than what you get built into a smartphone as additional app usage will be slim picking for the most part.

As slightly better than a feature phone for most people BB10 works ok, past that you are better with something that is officially supported OS that is for sure going to get security and OS updates for a couple years.
    11-09-19 06:52 PM
    Since I don't believe the number of steps to complete a task is subjective, I think we are probably speaking about different tasks with different assumptions about what it takes to complete them.

I will try to put together a "test suite" of tasks based on a typical work day to illustrate how I evaluate PIM functionality. Because it may attract a certain amount of geeky interest I'll post the suite and a comparison of BB10 and my KEYone in a new thread so people can pick it apart and add their observations.

I'm the kind of geek that would be interested in reading this study!

For me, nothing can touch BB10 for pure email multitasking ability. If the ART for BB10 were updated to the latest release and I could get all my vital apps on my Passport, it would undoubtedly, IMO, be the king of all devices.
    11-09-19 08:11 PM
    All kidding aside, I still have my iPhone SE which I use during the week at work as my personal phone. Since I have to carry a company phone, I don’t want to have to carry 2 large ones. It’s small and I only keep the basic apps on it but it works for me. On the weekend I pull out my Xr.
    iPhone SE?

Typo keyboard cover!
    11-09-19 11:13 PM
    iPhone SE?

Typo keyboard cover!
    Do you own stock in them?
    11-10-19 08:34 AM
    They still sell them?

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    The_Passporter likes this.
    11-10-19 03:36 PM
    They still sell them?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F392277560013

You know you want one, make that tiny slab enjoyable to type on instead of pecking at those tiny glass keys
    11-10-19 03:46 PM
    They still sell them?

Ask Boon.
    11-10-19 05:12 PM
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F392277560013

You know you want one, make that tiny slab enjoyable to type on instead of pecking at those tiny glass keys
    It keeps my mind and dexterity sharp.
    11-10-19 05:12 PM
    Another feature that BB10 and the Passport knocked out of the park, while a seemingly simple feature, is the clock. I have tried close to 10 different, highly-rated Android alarm clock apps. None of them come close to the perfection of my Passport's alarm. You would think that "bedside mode" would be available in some form or another on a Droid, but nothing comes close to it.
    truth4u and The_Passporter like this.
    11-12-19 08:19 PM
    Another feature that BB10 and the Passport knocked out of the park, while a seemingly simple feature, is the clock. I have tried close to 10 different, highly-rated Android alarm clock apps. None of them come close to the perfection of my Passport's alarm. You would think that "bedside mode" would be available in some form or another on a Droid, but nothing comes close to it.
    So true. I miss that and the Porsche Design clock (Z10 only).
    Wbrian likes this.
    11-12-19 09:05 PM
    Who needs bedside mode?

Just set up the alarm clock before going to sleep...
    11-12-19 09:41 PM
107 12345