Grrrr.... I'm using my Pre3 for a bit and forgot about the Passport SE battery drain when turned off. Just turned it on and its down to 12% after about a week. So annoying. Glad I caught it before it went totally dead.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    That was sort of fun in 2011. Pre3 I suspect only makes crappy phone calls these days. Traveling with the terrible radio on att would kill a pre3 battery in no time. This was an all out war by Apple and att to kill off Palm phones on att.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    08-04-17 09:27 AM
    That was sort of fun in 2011. Pre3 I suspect only makes crappy phone calls these days. Traveling with the terrible radio on att would kill a pre3 battery in no time. This was an all out war by Apple and att to kill off Palm phones on att.

A lot of the apps still work -- and because webOS is so easy to work with, even I can fix apps when they break. I recently got Preddit going again, and other users have done much more extensive updates to the apps and OS, including updating the SSL certificates.

The app catalog is gone but the apps have been posted to an FTP server, and I have the 'must-have' apps for me: Gutenpodder for podcasts, Project Macaw for Twitter, Forums (a Tapatalk client), Noted! for Simplenote, and Preddit. Email and PIM are flawless. Preware still runs and the patches and apps there seem to work for me.

A user even made new batteries last year and I stocked up

The downsides of the Pre3 are the limited storage (with no microSD card) and the fact that mu EU version has only one band compatible with Telus. Well, that and it's a six year old phone. But it's a great device and the OS is fantastic.
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    08-04-17 08:24 PM
    Passport thread...

Anyway to find the birthDate of my particular PPSE without the box, sorry to dull the humor. Maybe someone knows a secret or app!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-17 08:30 PM
    The passport SE is awesome. I haven't bothered to sideload anything. It is Native BB10. I admit I would like to see a couple of social apps integrated for bb10. Other than that I'm coming to love my passport se.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-17 06:11 PM
    I think the BlackBerry Passport will remain a viable device for many hard core BlackBerry users for another year or two.

One of the biggest issues is the WhatsApp Support though. Too many people and too many features on WhatsApp are quickly making the way the majority of people communicate, a little harder for BlackBerry fans.

I don't use the app myself but so many of my friends are on it and when it comes to traveling or dealing with people overseas, WhatsApp dominates for a lot of people. The HD calling and messaging is what a lot of people are using to stay in touch while traveling.

I myself am a heavy BBM users, emails and texts. I really appreciate the traditional network calling as its usually more reliable that some spotty WiFi network but I am of the minority. Too many people want to use the app that the majority of people associate with.

Hopefully the app will continue to function well into 2018 and beyond, perhaps without any updates but at least the functionality will hopefully be there.

The next biggest obstacle is the browser. Currently mine works like a charm without any issues and I only do a little bit of web browsing but with the inevitable tsunami of app support that may drop off in the not so distant future, a lot more users will move to web based browsers for things like bank apps, sports and business news etc. The issue is that the browser will fall further and further behind so it will make it hard to stay with the device for things such as web browsing.

I hope to rock my Passport for a while to come but I am also hoping that BlackBerry Mobile perhaps brings out some other new exciting hardware. The Keyone looks like a great device but by the time I am ready to make the switch, I am hoping for something really new and exciting!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-17 10:13 PM
    I think the BlackBerry Passport will remain a viable device for many hard core BlackBerry users for another year or two.

One of the biggest issues is the WhatsApp Support though. Too many people and too many features on WhatsApp are quickly making the way the majority of people communicate, a little harder for BlackBerry fans.

I don't use the app myself but so many of my friends are on it and when it comes to traveling or dealing with people overseas, WhatsApp dominates for a lot of people. The HD calling and messaging is what a lot of people are using to stay in touch while traveling.

I myself am a heavy BBM users, emails and texts. I really appreciate the traditional network calling as its usually more reliable that some spotty WiFi network but I am of the minority. Too many people want to use the app that the majority of people associate with.

Hopefully the app will continue to function well into 2018 and beyond, perhaps without any updates but at least the functionality will hopefully be there.

The next biggest obstacle is the browser. Currently mine works like a charm without any issues and I only do a little bit of web browsing but with the inevitable tsunami of app support that may drop off in the not so distant future, a lot more users will move to web based browsers for things like bank apps, sports and business news etc. The issue is that the browser will fall further and further behind so it will make it hard to stay with the device for things such as web browsing.

I hope to rock my Passport for a while to come but I am also hoping that BlackBerry Mobile perhaps brings out some other new exciting hardware. The Keyone looks like a great device but by the time I am ready to make the switch, I am hoping for something really new and exciting!

Posted via CB10
    As long as Cobalt is willing and it's physically possible to keep working with upgrading "The apps" as needed then it will be much longer then that IMO. It is to bad Google held them back on JB RT when could of least had KK or LL like Amazon as things would of been much easier as in how the 4.3 to 4.4 version of one of his apps work - I think it is because of the RT situation BUT he found a way as he usually Does! He is BlackBerry 10!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-17 04:32 PM
    I have two Passports, one is live, the 2nd on wifi. I prefer the Passport for contacts, notes, emails, file management, and some document (Word, Excel) handling. My KEYone, on wifi, is better with some spreadsheets, and some Apps, but I don't like the android file managers that much.

Using a combination of the two devices offers the best of both worlds. I would probably go for a future Passport for android, but I don't think I'll be ready to give up BB10 for a long while. I use BB maps a lot, and supplement it with google maps when I need to.

Long live BlackBerry!
    Long live Passport!
    dmlis and ratfinkstooley like this.
    08-11-17 01:41 AM
    Guys, hello! Sorry for my english. I'm tormented by the question, is there now on sale Blackberry Pasport SE, is it real to buy it? Or are they no longer produced? I myself live in Russia, and find it here is a big problem. Argue that all that is on the market, namely SE, this is a restored model.
    08-11-17 11:51 AM
    SE is Silver Edition. It change some detail on Passport' body. Not restore phone. Keyboard on Silver Edition better than Passport OG

Posted via CB10
    08-11-17 11:58 AM
    I'm have three BlackBerry Passport,SE,Black and White.My daily driver is BlackBerry Passport SE.BlackBerry Passport is the best phone ever

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport White Edition via CB10
    08-11-17 12:37 PM
    Guys, hello! Sorry for my english. I'm tormented by the question, is there now on sale Blackberry Pasport SE, is it real to buy it? Or are they no longer produced? I myself live in Russia, and find it here is a big problem. Argue that all that is on the market, namely SE, this is a restored model.
    About 20 left on ebay NEW from Hong Kong. $389 dolwa.

08-11-17 03:26 PM
    I may have been crookedly expressed. In stores live in retail on the shelves, they are or only in online stores? They stopped producing, right? And on ebay in the comments write that it is REFURBISHED, and this I am afraid. And you want a real Blackberry Pasport SE. Where to find it?)
    08-12-17 10:31 AM
    I have two Passports, one is live, the 2nd on wifi. I prefer the Passport for contacts, notes, emails, file management, and some document (Word, Excel) handling. My KEYone, on wifi, is better with some spreadsheets, and some Apps, but I don't like the android file managers that much.

Using a combination of the two devices offers the best of both worlds. I would probably go for a future Passport for android, but I don't think I'll be ready to give up BB10 for a long while. I use BB maps a lot, and supplement it with google maps when I need to.

Long live BlackBerry!
    Long live Passport!
    AMEN! That's the spirit! I'm with YOU!..

#Positive

-DREAD

Posted via CB10
    rabbitupnorth likes this.
    08-13-17 12:29 AM

Long live BlackBerry!
    Long live Passport!
    I see nothing wrong with BeeMaps as a Google maps alternative. It generates everything just like Google maps, the only thing is when you get to the turn by turn it will revert to the Blackberry maps app which I find works great.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-27-17 06:46 AM

Long live BlackBerry!
    Long live Passport!
    The Passport SE and its BB10 Os is awesome!!!!

Posted via CB10
    richdb and nealjane like this.
    09-03-17 08:24 PM
    If you like to mess with your phone I would buy one. The Passport is a great tool still for many things people need to do on a cell phone. I just recently bought a Passport SE after using a Nexus 6. There are apps in BlackBerry World, the Amazon app store, and the good work being done by Cobalt and the BB community, to fill most of the gaps.
    BlackBerry hardware is still top notch is 2017. Look around there are some decent prices for the PassPort.
    10-14-17 01:22 AM
    What app does support blackberry silver edition after 31/12/2017..???

Posted via CB10
    10-14-17 05:55 AM
  18. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    no thanks, save it on the box and change it with s7 edge

 BlackBerry Z10 STL100-2 / 10.3.3.2163
    10-14-17 06:00 AM
    Just install whatsapp apk. You can download from whatsapp website and look for download for android.
    You'll need some tweak to enable sending media

Posted via CB10
    10-14-17 07:57 AM
    The passort was never designed for users who are likely to be negatively impacted by newer technogical advancements that comes with the newer Android and Apple rivals.
    10-14-17 09:00 AM
    What app does support blackberry silver edition after 31/12/2017..???

Posted via CB10
    No.

After this date you can install the Android version on BB10 but it's unsupported so there's no guarantee it will continue working. Realistically though, if you're looking to buy a BB10 device and WhatsApp is important you should look for a different phone.
    10-14-17 10:10 AM
171 ... 567