Ya...but bb10 has an sd card slot rendering the cloud redundant in my humble opinion. Cloud Schmoud.

Via a sunny cloudless z10.

Posted via CB10
    How does a memory expansion card make the cloud redundant? They seem like two different things with two different purposes. I use my SD card for added storage for all my movies and large media files or local backups of certain app data and files I need. If I have an app that is cross platform and I want to change OS this would be the way I would back it up.

Apple may have a cloud solution in place but it is well known that they are the worst at cloud services. Many times I have heard and seen people who have lost their contacts or info due to Apple's Cloud not syncing when it was set to do so and many of their contacts and info were lost. I know there is much frustration to be had with apples cloud service and any mobile tech expert will tell you the same.

I haven't been on iOS for a while but I doubt your able to send files you've created to be store and downloaded individually in the sense of a file system like Onedrive. One last thing is with an SD card you don't have to sell your fist born child to get extra storage opposed to Apple's gouging of your wallet for simple storage increase on their phones.

Besides I don't want my nude photos leaked all over the Internet lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 06-06-17 at 07:30 AM.
    06-06-17 07:15 AM
    If you think the cloud is redundant then perhaps you should be using a nextbit-Robin?

https://www.nextbit.com/pages/meet-robin

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 07:21 AM
    I still submit that the best advice vis-a-vis a choice between BB10 and BlackBerry Android would come from those who are intimately familiar with both.
    Honestly, for 99%+ users I think it's an incredibly easy decision if the question is what kind of phone to buy now.

At this point, the default between BlackBerry Android and BlackBerry 10 should probably be Android unless the user has very specific requirements that make Android unworkable or BB10 more desirable.

I say this as a very loyal BB10 fan who still hasn't used Android as a daily driver for more than a few weeks, several years ago, because for me, BB10 still meets 100% of my critical needs and 95% of my "low priority desires) without ANY apps that are not easily downloadable from BlackBerry World.

But honestly, I don't know many people outside of my immediate family and these forums who want to roll that way. Most people in 2017 want or need apps that require workarounds in BB10 or downloads from the Amazon store.

The problem with the Amazon programs is, in my experience, there's no guarantee they will work properly on BB10 . And the problem with workarounds such as Cobalt's patch procedure and installing old APKs is that it's extra work with no guarantee of long term usability.

Workarounds are fantastic for extending the usability of BB10 phones, but they are certainly not a reason to buy a BB10 phone vs. BlackBerry Android.

Again, I'm still firmly in the BB10 camp, but I'm VERY CAREFUL about recommending it to others.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    naeempriv likes this.
    06-06-17 07:53 AM
    If you think the cloud is redundant then perhaps you should be using a nextbit-Robin?

https://www.nextbit.com/pages/meet-robin

Posted via CB10
    Nahhh.... my z10 and other bb10s do all I need it to do without a data drowning cloud in the sky. Have the BlackBerry Androids if I really need an app not available to bb10, but haven't needed one yet.

Now if I could just get rid of the real clouds in the sky for a bit, I may be able to enjoy summer...

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 12:23 PM
    You don't drive your phone around to impress people with an eye for the past, or for your own enjoyment of nostalgia. You use it because you demand performance and the latest features.
    Point taken, however, the demand for each user is not the same. I use my PP because it serves my purpose and the Android apps I use continue to work well (including Instagram which I simply do not update). I get it that some people are past the PP and OS 10 in general, but I also believe users who continue to enjoy using their OS 10 phones should not be made to feel like they are doing something wrong or refusing to embrace change simply for using their phone of choice. I have a PRIV and I am interested in the KEY1 but my PP will always remain my daily driver until it is no longer useful.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    06-06-17 12:33 PM
    Point taken, however, the demand for each user is not the same. I use my PP because it serves my purpose and the Android apps I use continue to work well (including Instagram which I simply do not update). I get it that some people are past the PP and OS 10 in general, but I also believe users who continue to enjoy using their OS 10 phones should not be made to feel like they are doing something wrong or refusing to embrace change simply for using their phone of choice. I have a PRIV and I am interested in the KEY1 but my PP will always remain my daily driver until it is no longer useful.
    That wasn't really my point. I mean that people use their phone for what it does for them, not for nostalgic reasons or to impress others. I always argue to use what works.
    06-06-17 12:36 PM
    Obviously, a lot if us around here are still happy on BB10. But I do think we should be careful recommending it to new users unless we really understand their needs and desires. It's great at what it does well, but that a limited subset of what many people want to do.on their mobile devices in 2017.

06-06-17 12:36 PM
    Obviously, a lot if us around here are still happy on BB10. But I do think we should be careful recommending it to new users unless we really understand their needs and desires. It's great at what it does well, but that a limited subset of what many people want to do.on their mobile devices in 2017.

Agreed.

But one has to assume that someone that has took the time to not only find the Crackberry Forums but to post as well has some knowledge of what they are getting into. I'm not saying that they are well-informed necessarily but as least they've done some cursory reading and have some curiosity.

Personally, I'd rather read others biased opinions (on both sides) and make my own decision. There is nothing worse than asking for advise and getting a neutral response. It's not my job to protect the naive from making a bad decision, we all make bad choices, it's to let them know my unvarnished opinion and let them decide.

Send from my BlackBerry Passport
    06-06-17 10:39 PM
    I own a Passport and KEYone. The Passport is such an impressive instrument in so many ways. BUT, unless you are pretty skilled at work-arounds, I would say "do not buy."

What I look forward to, given that I don't think we are going to see the resurrection of BB10, is more and more integration of BB10 brilliance into the KEYone and (I hope) TCL devices to follow.

And, yes, I would buy a TCL Passport, if one ever were developed.
    06-07-17 08:18 AM
    I don't know grab. WhatsUp10 is ok for calls &chat but seems to not work for image attachments. Facebook solution is Lite or Metal the latter having Chat and Messenger and Instagram and Twitter integrated in it and dark theme as well. I use the native browser but have FF and Chrome and Puffin and Browsie and Polarity installed for times when the old horse falters. You don't need so many as that since I am weeding out. There are also Opera and Dolphin and more.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-17 12:41 PM
    I am always both impressed and horrified by people who say, "BB10 works great. All you have to do is...." and they then proceed to list exactly which apps currently work as substitutes for other mainstream apps, often requiring finding old APKs, BAR files or patching requirements.

All of those things are great for people who are interested, able, and willing to take responsibility for non-standard implementations on their devices. But, in the real world, that's likely less than 1% of users!

That's why I keep it simple and tell people, "Buy a phone with native support for all the apps you need, and 90%+ of all the apps you want."

For me, that's still BB10. But I don't project that onto others.

rabbitupnorth likes this.
    06-07-17 01:07 PM

For me, that's still BB10. But I don't project that onto others.

I have the same trepidation when disclosing my STD's to people. I tell them the pros and cons of gonorrhea and leave it up to them to decide

Posted via CB10
    06-07-17 01:18 PM
    I have the same trepidation when disclosing my STD's to people. I tell them the pros and cons of gonorrhea and leave it up to them to decide

Posted via CB10
    BB10 is less infectious than most STDs. That was the whole problem!

06-07-17 01:19 PM
    BB10 is less infectious than most STDs. That was the whole problem!

Exactly! So that truly makes android the HPV of modern smartphone OS's

Posted via CB10
    06-07-17 01:23 PM
    Exactly! So that truly makes android the HPV of modern smartphone OS's

Posted via CB10
    And iOS is the obesity epidemic, caused by a consumer mentality emphasizing instant gratification, too much money, and the inability to make intelligent choices!.

Zeratul57 likes this.
    06-07-17 01:28 PM
    And I guess Meego and webOs are like chickenpox...

Is it normal to feel itchy after viewing this thread?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-17 01:37 PM
    Your best option in a KEYone.
    06-07-17 11:39 PM
    Hello everyone!

I would appreciate if someone could help me. After resetting my Blackberry passport I installed Navfree app but it doesn't connect to its server and doesn't let me to download maps. I'm using Wifi Internet connection, however when I'm trying to make the app connect to the server it keeps telling me to connect to the Internet. I know that others have this kind of problem too. Please, advice me on how to connect to the Internet and download the maps.*

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 10:35 AM
    Depending on how complicated the route is, a simple solution is to use web google maps and screenshot it

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 06:57 PM
    Hello everyone!

I would appreciate if someone could help me. After resetting my Blackberry passport I installed Navfree app but it doesn't connect to its server and doesn't let me to download maps. I'm using Wifi Internet connection, however when I'm trying to make the app connect to the server it keeps telling me to connect to the Internet. I know that others have this kind of problem too. Please, advice me on how to connect to the Internet and download the maps.*

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    Another choice would be MapsWithMe. Not as good but will work just fine.
    06-19-17 11:31 PM
    Hey guys!
    I want to buy a BB next week or so. The Passport here is 270 $, the Priv is 370 $, the Keyone is 700$. The 700$ is too much for me, so it will be a Passport or a Priv. I want to surf on the web a lot, use Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, OneDrive (if possible). The battery life is really important for me (min. 5 hours of screen on time). I want to play some games, but not that much. I love doing crazy stuffs with my Nintendo New 3DS, so I think I'd be fine with installing Play Store. Is the Passport still worth it today for things like that? I couldn't find any data on screen on times, but I read that the Passport have an amazing screen on time. Anyone some data in hours, and which device do you suggest for me?
    Thank you so much!
    07-06-17 05:16 AM
    Indeed it is the best BB10 device!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 12:38 AM
    Grrrr.... I'm using my Pre3 for a bit and forgot about the Passport SE battery drain when turned off. Just turned it on and its down to 12% after about a week. So annoying. Glad I caught it before it went totally dead.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    07-28-17 08:40 PM
    Wow...why are you even here? If you don't believe in the product you can just go away. I also use a passport daily and find that it is much easier to use than my android phone for what I want to use a phone for. I use a phone for messaging, calling, and music. I also use it for Web browsing and youtube. Some uber as well. So far the passport has served me well

Posted via CB10
    willboyce and Zeratul57 like this.
    07-29-17 03:39 AM
    Honestly, for 99%+ users I think it's an incredibly easy decision if the question is what kind of phone to buy now.
    Because all you can buy easily are droids.
    For 99% of users they don't need or want or even know what to do with all those fancy new "features" that Samsung et al are pushing.

The world is a big place and only a small percentage of users in the wealthy countries are making all the noise about the next big thing. Most people just need to make a call and have basic access to the Internet.
    07-29-17 11:35 AM
171 ... 4567