I find in most of discussions specifically some anti bb10 statements crop up when something good is told about the os or the hardware related to the products and services whose topics are part of crackberry.

I always notice two trolls in most of the threads who always try spreading negative feel or try condemning bb10 indirectly when there are true good things told about blackberry!!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it's true. Sometimes it's interesting to hear the other side but if it doesn't matter to most then..... the excuse of " well they are thinking about spending hard earned money " is a joke. What about money that isn't hard earned? Passport owners could crap in every app driven thread citing PP and tablet use. Tablets are far superior than 5inch droid phones. This is even BlackBerry s mantra for BB10! Don't be app driven.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    05-31-17 07:08 AM
    I have tried several of them. Two took me into a temporary dead end caused by construction. My wife's phone did not and knew how to navigate around it. Updates can really be key. I have given up on workarounds.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not arguing right or wrong, I just want to state that I do drive truck and go through construction quite often and have to make that decision whether to abandon my route or push it through. 90% of the time is the same time spent going through then jogging around in stop light traffic.
    Besides I don't trust these maps 100% on any device or app. The best practice is to use the device to guide you and notify you of the names of upcoming streets yet I always know by simply looking at traffic what options are available and pre-plan secondary routes.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 07:26 AM
    How about the map app that comes stock on the phone? Is that no longer serviceable? Seemed ok to me about a month ago when I used it.

Posted via CB10
    I haven't used it for recently but can give a big thumbs up to Genius Maps. It's native, gets updated regularly, and used Nokia for their maps. It's really good!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 07:33 AM
    I'm not arguing right or wrong, I just want to state that I do drive truck and go through construction quite often and have to make that decision whether to abandon my route or push it through. 90% of the time is the same time spent going through then jogging around in stop light traffic.
    Besides I don't trust these maps 100% on any device or app. The best practice is to use the device to guide you and notify you of the names of upcoming streets yet I always know by simply looking at traffic what options are available and pre-plan secondary routes.

Posted via CB10
    This was large scale private construction in an old neighborhood and not state/federal (like a highway). I was surprised Google Maps actually had it.

I tried Waze for a while and really enjoyed the alternative routes and how easy it could switch. Unfortunately on the Q10, it was too slow and I would often find myself ahead of it and thus miss turns. Looking forward to it again whenever I get a K1 (hopefully).

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 07:48 AM
    I will just finish by saying that choosing and enjoying BB10 is one thing, but sticking your neck out and actually recommending it to someone new to BB10 is disingenuous in mid-2017.

I had every BB10 device going, and used them as primary devices for 3 years - including the Passport SE. There is a niche user case for the device (particularly now), and although I would never argue with someone's preference, I want to be straightforward when ASKED for my opinion.
    No one ASKED you. There are pros and cons to every platform.
    05-31-17 02:59 PM
    No one ASKED you. There are pros and cons to every platform.
    OP:

"Is it smart to buy a BlackBerry Passport today?"
    05-31-17 03:01 PM
    OP:

"Is it smart to buy a BlackBerry Passport today?"
    Well judging by this thread, OP would have better luck getting answers out of a brick wall
    05-31-17 03:19 PM
    Well judging by this thread, OP would have better luck getting answers out of a brick wall
    Why? Everyone has stated their case rather well, no?
    05-31-17 03:20 PM
    Why? Everyone has stated their case rather well, no?
    Hmm, I guess so. I wish I was around for the thread where some users attained infinite wisdom 😫
    05-31-17 03:35 PM
    Hmm, I guess so. I wish I was around for the thread where some users attained infinite wisdom 😫
    I still submit that the best advice vis-a-vis a choice between BB10 and BlackBerry Android would come from those who are intimately familiar with both.
    05-31-17 03:38 PM
    I would say go for it. If you never experienced passport, it's worth it. It's perfect combination. Best hardware keyboard and BB10.
    05-31-17 04:00 PM
    Get the Classic, too, on the side. You won't regret it.
    05-31-17 04:07 PM
    Hello!

Is it smart to buy a BlackBerry Passport today?

I don't play games. I only use Grab, Uber, Viber, Facebook, and Instagram apps.

Are apk's of these apps updated and reliable?

Thank you!
    I agree with others that warn you off based on the apps you mention. Only if you are willing to work at it, and be happy about it, as others advised, then maybe.

Be aware, I say this as a Passport user who is very happy, but I don't use those apps or others like it. Communication, navigation, and accessing information (via web browser) are my top three needs, and the Passport works well for that. The apps and services you mention, at the word of others who know, I would go with one of the other two platforms that everyone else is using.

Good luck.
    05-31-17 04:56 PM
    Hello!

Is it smart to buy a BlackBerry Passport today?

I don't play games. I only use Grab, Uber, Viber, Facebook, and Instagram apps.

Are apk's of these apps updated and reliable?

Thank you!
    I use Face10 and Messenger Pro as a Facebook alternative

IGRANN Pro for instagram or you can use Insta10 also but not both at the same time.

For YouTube I like SuperTube. If you like downloading media from YouTube get StereoTube and you can have all your heart desires.

Also there is BlackBullet that pushes all things to any device. Great tools.

PlayCloud is a great could management tool even though we have cloud integration in our file manager.

Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 07:36 PM
    I'll go out on a limb and say my preferred facebook experience is on bb10. After getting rid of all the apps, facebook and messenger are fully functional in the web based version. On android, I get redirected to the play store if I try and use chat within the browser

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 08:35 PM
    I'll go out on a limb and say my preferred facebook experience is on bb10. After getting rid of all the apps, facebook and messenger are fully functional in the web based version. On android, I get redirected to the play store if I try and use chat within the browser

Posted via CB10
    Seriously!!!!.??? I did not know that. Have you tried different browsers and does that make a difference? That is the kind of thing that turns me off. If I so choose to use a browser that should be my prerogative.

I may as well use the browser since neither of the Facebook options I mentioned give me notifications as the should. I have to open the app to see. Think I may be going back to the browser cause it works fine.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 09:50 PM
    Seriously!!!!.??? I did not know that. Have you tried different browsers and does that make a difference? That is the kind of thing that turns me off. If I so choose to use a browser that should be my prerogative.

I may as well use the browser since neither of the Facebook options I mentioned give me notifications as the should. I have to open the app to see. Think I may be going back to the browser cause it works fine.

Posted via CB10
    On android, both chrome and firefox direct me to the play store when I click the chat icon in facebook. But it seems to work as it should in the stock bb10 browser. Haven't tried it yet with Qbrowser

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 10:01 PM
    I agree, and bb10 has the best cloud integration imho.
    Do you still think BB10 has the best cloud integration?
    Passport 2017-screen-shot-2017-06-05-5.06.03-pm.png
    06-05-17 04:08 PM
    Do you still think BB10 has the best cloud integration?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 5.06.03 PM.png 
Views:	281 
Size:	519.9 KB 
ID:	424598
    Ahhh my eyes!! Next time warn me before you post that filth in here

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 04:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    What, this?

06-05-17 04:17 PM
    You can deflect and try to avoid the question all you like, but that doesn't change the fact that iOS and Android continue to improve their leads in features over BB10.
    06-05-17 04:32 PM
    You can deflect and try to avoid the question all you like, but that doesn't change the fact that iOS and Android continue to improve their leads in features over BB10.
    Yeah, congrats. Ray Charles could see that. Android and ios continue to improve their lead over a dead platform. And I clearly stated that it was my opinion. My point was that even in 2017, bb10 has an edge in cloud integration by virtue of IT'S BUILT IN to the file manager. There's nothing you have to purchase or download.

I'm glad you enjoyed the apple keynote :-p

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 04:42 PM
    My point was that even in 2017, bb10 has an edge in cloud integration by virtue of IT'S BUILT IN to the file manager. There's nothing you have to purchase or download.
    Yes. It had an edge in an extreme edge case. It no longer has even that minuscule victory.
    palewhiteninja likes this.
    06-05-17 05:14 PM
    Yes. It had an edge in an extreme edge case. It no longer has even that minuscule victory.
    Well good, man. I'm glad you were finally able to get that off your chest.

But honestly iOS 11 does look really nice. I'm not yet sold on ANY of those home speakers, tho. Apple has the right idea focusing on sound quality, but it still seems a little odd putting all that tech, all that r&d into a tiny speaker
    06-05-17 05:29 PM
    Ya...but bb10 has an sd card slot rendering the cloud redundant in my humble opinion. Cloud Schmoud.

Via a sunny cloudless z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 08:37 PM
171 ... 34567