I personally wouldn't recommend any BlackBerry 10 device in 2017 although I myself use a BlackBerry 10 os phone and am a fie hard fan of BlackBerry 10 os.

None of the apps you mentioned are natively available on BlackBerry and android apps will work as long as they will... if you just want a device to call, sms and email on, then passport is a great phone... else its not that great.

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-26-17 06:08 AM
    You don't drive your phone around to impress people with an eye for the past, or for your own enjoyment of nostalgia. You use it because you demand performance and the latest features.
    You can't make assumptions like that. Not everybody is looking for phone that has best specs in the world and can run newest flappy bird or some social media nonsense.
    Some people just wan't a phone that get's the job done and caters for their needs. It's awesome what you can still achieve by making couple of phonecalls.

Bush did bb10
    05-26-17 11:17 AM
    You can't make assumptions like that. Not everybody is looking for phone that has best specs in the world and can run newest flappy bird or some social media nonsense.
    Some people just wan't a phone that get's the job done and caters for their needs. It's awesome what you can still achieve by making couple of phonecalls.

Bush did bb10
    I said nothing about specs and flappy bird.

Performance means it has to perform - it has to do what one expects of a modern device.

You would probably not be happy with a pager, or a dumb flip phone. In the same way, most people need more than just phone and email.

Obviously there will always be people who are satisfied with their black and white RCA console TV, and their 1982 Chevy Impala. But the world moves on, and MOST move along with it.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    05-26-17 11:43 AM
    I said nothing about specs and flappy bird.

Performance means it has to perform - it has to do what one expects of a modern device.

You would probably not be happy with a pager, or a dumb flip phone. In the same way, most people need more than just phone and email.

Obviously there will always be people who are satisfied with their black and white RCA console TV, and their 1982 Chevy Impala. But the world moves on, and MOST move along with it.
    Hehehehe... and who'd have thunk it, the Crackberry Passport forum turns out not to be the Kingdom of the MOST

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-26-17 12:49 PM
    Hehehehe... and who'd have thunk it, the Crackberry Passport forum turns out not to be the Kingdom of the MOST

Posted via CB10
    Maybe because passport was sold more than other blackberry devices? I bet passport will have higher sales compared to all combined black droid.
    05-26-17 12:53 PM
    Maybe because passport was sold more than other blackberry devices? I bet passport will have higher sales compared to all combined black droid.
    Let's not go all crazy...im sure the Passport did ok (I bought one), but we are not talking insane numbers here people, and certainly not numbers that everyone hoped.

We continue to beat up a dead horse. If bb10 works for people continue to enjoy, but it's almost impossible for anyone to recommend a device that is quickly losing support. BlackBerry has made it obvious that hardware is out ...so there is no reason for them to support bb10. The device will probably get one more update (maybe), to clean up some issues and that is all she wrote.

Since the announcement of the Priv the writing has been on the wall
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-26-17 01:10 PM
    I just got my second Passport earlier this month. Use it for Excel spreadsheets, word docs, email, phone, texts, notes (Remember) and so on. Also one game, Russian Bank. Addicted.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 09:56 PM
    I'm also planning buy one as I just want to taste it. I'm currently using q10
    05-28-17 02:56 AM
    When I use the bb10 browser it reminds of my grandma who has alzheimers

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 11:26 AM
    People get an iPhone cause they say it just works.

Some people get android cause it more customizable and lots to play with in changing how it works or appears.

Some discourage using a Passport (BB10) cause you have to customize and do lots of playing around to make it work the way you want.......

Kind of puzzled as to the thinking here. If you name an app like instagram which I use iGrann Pro on BB10, I could name some features that don't work as well as on Android yet there are some features like saving pictures that are easy and seamless that can't be done on Android. There are tweaks to be done on BB10 but there are benefits to be had also.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-30-17 02:11 PM
    Kind of puzzled as to the thinking here. If you name an app like instagram which I use iGrann Pro on BB10, I could name some features that don't work as well as on Android yet there are some features like saving pictures that are easy and seamless that can't be done on Android. There are tweaks to be done on BB10 but there are benefits to be had also.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, and bb10 has the best cloud integration imho. Another good thing about bb10 is searching from the homescreen, like typing 'imdb - xxxx' brings up the specific thing I'm looking for, or looking up a youtube vid without launching an app. I haven't found a better way to that in either android or ios

**i will admit that in retrospect, these features probably seem a bit trivial to most people

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 02:25 PM
    I agree, and bb10 has the best cloud integration imho.
    How so?
    05-30-17 02:36 PM
    How so?
    Dropbox and box are basically built in to the file manager, making it easy to move stuff around. I think you can connect OneDrive too

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 02:41 PM
    Dropbox and box are basically built in to the file manager, making it easy to move stuff around. I think you can connect OneDrive too

Posted via CB10
    That's cute.

05-30-17 03:13 PM
    Yeah that's still not built into the os though. Did you have to pay to remove all the ads?

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter and naeempriv like this.
    05-30-17 03:17 PM
    Can we call that a workaround?

Posted via CB10
    naeempriv likes this.
    05-30-17 03:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    👏
    05-30-17 03:28 PM
    Only if you have to do something other than click "Install" in the Play Store to get it.
    05-30-17 04:43 PM
    Only if you have to do something other than click "Install" in the Play Store to get it.
    Seems these days a workaround could be interpreted as doing more than the norm. The norm on BB10 is built in cloud integration. Turn on and go

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 04:47 PM
    Yeah that's still not built into the os though. Did you have to pay to remove all the ads?

Posted via CB10
    File Manager on BB10 is just an app too.

On Android you can choose which one suits you best instead of being left with the lowest common denominator.

If you have to pay a couple bucks once you decide, big deal.

I can access all of my cloud sources, ftp, wedav. You can also theme, and password protect all the cloud sources. Dual / split screens for copying and moving files is nice too.
    05-30-17 04:53 PM
    Much more to it than just clicking install, aside from having to pay for enabling some features.

I wonder what file manager comes with the keyone?
    05-30-17 05:02 PM
    I wonder what file manager comes with the keyone?
    Just the standard Android "file manager".
    05-30-17 06:24 PM
    Much more to it than just clicking install
    Why?
    05-30-17 06:24 PM
    Why?
    More things you have to download, I guess. And potentially pay for

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 06:37 PM
    More things you have to download, I guess. And potentially pay for

Posted via CB10
    Are we still just talking about a file manager? Download and install Solid Explorer, then enjoy the other 23 hrs 59 minutes of your day.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    05-30-17 06:39 PM
171 12345 ...