Love my Passport. Love grandma too! Too many similarities to enumerate here.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-24-17 08:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Neither can use Facebook. Lol.
    Elephant_Canyon and Carjackd like this.
    05-24-17 08:58 PM
    nice pp se

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    05-24-17 09:22 PM
    Hello!

Is it smart to buy a BlackBerry Passport today?

I don't play games. I only use Grab, Uber, Viber, Facebook, and Instagram apps.

Are apk's of these apps updated and reliable?

Thank you!
    Why not? They're cheap. Nothing to loose.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-17 09:40 PM
    Keep it for nostalgic reasons..to be honest it's not being used as primary phone. Hands down its a head turner

Posted via CB10
    05-24-17 09:41 PM
    It's funny I like Facebook on the Passport better than on the Android devices. What does it lack of? I have FB light, the old version apk that works, and the web based icon. They all work fine. I deleted FB10 (took too long to download images) and the two messengers to avoid multiple notifications.

Posted via CB10
    mrluky60 likes this.
    05-24-17 11:25 PM
    Link is broken?
    Yes it was. Thanks. Fixed it.
    @thurask either fat fingers or those little buttons on the 9900 :P
    05-25-17 07:55 AM
    I got my passport 2 weeks ago after many years on android and I am really enjoying it. As long as someone knows what he's getting it to, it just comes down to how much he is willing to spend on one; which of course is up to the individual.

It's funny I like Facebook on the Passport better than on the Android devices. What does it lack of? I have FB light, the old version apk that works, and the web based icon. They all work fine. I deleted FB10 (took too long to download images) and the two messengers to avoid multiple notifications.

Posted via CB10
    Which version of Facebook Lite are you using?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 01:04 PM
    Passport 2017-img_20170525_140537.png

Posted via CB10
    lessel likes this.
    05-25-17 01:07 PM
    Im thinking about getting a priv to heat my house next winter.

Bush did bb10
    Best winter season phone
    05-25-17 01:09 PM
    I was beside my motorcycle a few months ago and I saw a guy walking and noticed his silver Passport SE and we had a conversation. I showed him my Passport. We both talked about not seeing many people with a BlackBerry phone of any sort in the last few years. I still think the Passport is one of the best ideas/phones ever but like many people said, it will become less and less functional. So far I'm only dealing with some OS bugs and the Passport camera issue but many apps haven't seen updates as developers move on. I guess it'll be up to a few individuals and companies like Nemory to try to bridge some gaps but I'm not holding my breath. I guess I'd have to say, "No" as well. What I'm curious about is virus issues that plague Android. I know about BlackBerry Dtek but I wonder if BB10 would be more secure simply because it might be thought of as simply not worth it to make a virus for or learn to hack and that I'd better be better off using it because of that.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 01:26 PM
    Why not? They're cheap. Nothing to loose.

Posted via CB10
    Dead right. Around a hundred quid for a nice one in the UK, less than the depreciation on a new top end android and feels so much better in every way. It's like running a classic car, plenty of obvious drawbacks but many unexpected delights. I can write reports on the train on it. Nothing handles text better. Audio quality also exceptional.

Posted via CB10
    KemKev and mrluky60 like this.
    05-25-17 02:04 PM
    Dead right. Around a hundred quid for a nice one in the UK, less than the depreciation on a new top end android and feels so much better in every way. It's like running a classic car, plenty of obvious drawbacks but many unexpected delights. I can write reports on the train on it. Nothing handles text better. Audio quality also exceptional.

Posted via CB10
    You don't drive your phone around to impress people with an eye for the past, or for your own enjoyment of nostalgia. You use it because you demand performance and the latest features.
    05-25-17 02:31 PM
    You must have the silver edition.
    05-25-17 02:41 PM
    You don't drive your phone around to impress people with an eye for the past, or for your own enjoyment of nostalgia. You use it because you demand performance and the latest features.
    Tishety tosh. What do you know about what I do? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    LeaAndPerrins likes this.
    05-25-17 02:41 PM
    I still love passport and i find myself using more than my priv, dtek50/60.
    05-25-17 02:45 PM
    hi, does anyone know what instagram apk works on the blackberry passport with either live broadcast or video storyline. thank you
    05-25-17 04:03 PM
    Nonsense. You shouldn't make such grand, sweeping statements that profess to speak for everyone here. Substitute "I" for "you" next time. Realize that your "must-have" feature may not mean *hit to me and performance is relative.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 09:20 PM
    Nonsense. You shouldn't make such grand, sweeping statements that profess to speak for everyone here. Substitute "I" for "you" next time. Realize that your "must-have" feature may not mean *hit to me and performance is relative.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry. "I" don't drive a phone.
    Carjackd and DreadPirateRegan like this.
    05-25-17 09:30 PM
    100% go ahead if you're not into lot of social network stuff!! It's a great phone with highest built quality and great innovation to keep you in comfort zone of owning a great high end device. Great communicator and fluid OS!!

Posted via CB10
    Definitely TRUE !!!!!!!
    05-25-17 09:48 PM
    Neither can use Facebook. Lol.
    LOL!!!!!
    05-25-17 09:53 PM
  22. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    You must have the silver edition.
    yes you must have to get one

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    05-26-17 04:05 AM
    Back to classic cars. When I first courted the Mrs in the late 80s her 'daily driver' was a Standard 8, then a 30 year old car with a sub-700cc engine. i don't think she cared too much what people thought about it. Unlike her, it was not a looker - a dumpy post war austeritymobile in submarine grey. I don't miss jump starting the thing at 700am on cold winter mornings.

Nitpicking about metaphors aside, a trade off between functionality and a subjective opinion of the value of style and heritage was going on. That's part but not all of the equation with the passport, for me anyway.

If like me you have big paws, don't care too much for social media & apps and work in an area where security is key, you don't stand to lose too much in a back to the future passport episode. I was so sick of the ticky tacky build quality & feel & of the VKB after 5+ years on android I was contemplating firing up my old 8800 so finding the PP in the autumn months of BB10 has been good fun. Like most on here, I'll move to the K1 when the price drops or the Emergency Only Calls lurgy kicks in.

Meanwhile in a beautiful late spring morning here in Macclesfield UK I can hear the sounds of the Mrs firing up her dad's MG TD for the first time this year. I must run before she sets off the CO detectors. Love & peace to you all.
    05-26-17 04:19 AM
    Send it to me for free! I use dtek60 for tablet and priv for alarm clock

Posted via CB10
    hahaha

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    05-26-17 04:56 AM
    wow this thread is hilarious...

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    Jon Wiggy likes this.
    05-26-17 04:58 AM
171 1234 ...