Hey all. I had a z30 till November last year when it took a fall into a bath. Since then I tried dabbling with android with the LG g4. 2 days ago it developed the common boot loop. I don't think I trust using it after its repair so my question. Is the passport still a viable option to purchase now thank you all for your time.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 11:13 AM
    Not if you depend on a lot of apps that are unavailable in BBW. IMHO.
    07-04-16 11:55 AM
    Nope. It's a dated phone that will have little to no support in the coming year.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 12:09 PM
    I wouldn't buy any BlackBerry 10 devices at this point. It's an abandoned platform and will only get worse as time goes on.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 01:05 PM
    I used a note 5 before I switched to my passport. It's absolutely worth it if you value productivity over apps. Just feel privileged that you are using one of the most secure devices and a design that turns heads and very different from the iphones and androids. It's really great for Calls, texts, emails and whatsapp(6 months remaining). The OS is near perfect and the hub is amazing. 2016 shall be smooth. If you looking for a BlackBerry that would last a couple of years, priv is the answer Imo.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 01:11 PM
    The priv is a: too expensive and b: I didn't get on with the android os. I know that all the apps I need and use are available on bbw or can be side loaded onto my z10 that I am using now. I did put games on my LG but most of the time I never played them at all. The only thing stopping me from just using my z10 is. The phone is getting slow now and the battery life is not good.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 04:00 PM
    I just ordered my 3rd passport. Yes it is. Because everything that I need it does and more. Nothing is better than hub and emails, texting, whatsapp I can side load when they stop it by end of the year. I tried samsung s7 but battery life just wasn't enough for me plus like I said apps that I use I have on passport

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and mh1983 like this.
    07-04-16 04:42 PM
    I've had mine since release and still think it's a great phone, but it depends on what you need it for. If you want to get things done and be able to work on the go, it is ideal. If you want to play a lot of games and need access to a lot of apps, it might not be a good choice

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 07:59 PM
    Still on my first Passport. Bough me a new one last month b/c this one has a busted screen but too lazy to install it. LOVE the passport. No idea what's going to happen next year, guess I will worry about that later.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 10:26 PM
    I believe so... If productivity is king in your world.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    07-04-16 10:42 PM
    In my personal experience, yes.. For emails, SMS, calls, Facebook (via Hub if not updated and Browser if otherwise), BBM, BBM Channels, Instagram (via Igrann), browsing, reading, playing music (with its good stereo speakers), occasional video viewing (considering the square screen), playing games, swiping and typing on the capacitive keyboard, and other good stuff about the device, it's still a beast..

Posted via CB10
    ksg_87 likes this.
    07-04-16 11:12 PM
    Still on my first Passport which I've had since it was released. Now thinking of getting the SE.

Great phone, can only recommend.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    07-05-16 07:32 AM
    Hey all. I had a z30 till November last year when it took a fall into a bath. Since then I tried dabbling with android with the LG g4. 2 days ago it developed the common boot loop. I don't think I trust using it after its repair so my question. Is the passport still a viable option to purchase now thank you all for your time.

Posted via CB10
    If you stick to making calls, and sending sms's and email then it's a great phone. But if you want access to most of the popular apps out there and want them to just work without having to jump through hoops, then no, I wouldn't consider purchasing it.

Just my humble 2c worth.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 07:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    If you could indicate what you want to accomplish through your phone/what you typically do with it, that might help us provide a more helpful response to you.
    07-06-16 11:02 AM
    If you could indicate what you want to accomplish through your phone/what you typically do with it, that might help us provide a more helpful response to you.
    The z10 I am using at the moment is doing everything I need from a device. Communications and Web browsing mainly I have few apps on my phones. Not really a mobile gamer. I regularly use the calendar so has to be good. And I take photos now and again so I do like a decent camera on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 11:36 AM
    The z10 I am using at the moment is doing everything I need from a device. Communications and Web browsing mainly I have few apps on my phones. Not really a mobile gamer. I regularly use the calendar so has to be good. And I take photos now and again so I do like a decent camera on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Cool, didn't realize you were using a Z10. Good to know. So, I can imagine the Passport satisfying all of those requirements quite nicely. and then some. Especially where you mention communications/browsing/not really needing mobile gaming. You know what the BB calendar is like from your use of BB10 so that'd be the same. The camera I believe is improved over previous BB10 options too.

It'll all basically be the same as previous BB10 devices you used, except speedier, with a PKB, and unique design. It's likely harder to do these days, but if you could find one to see how it feels, that'd probably make the decision easy for you. Good luck!
    07-06-16 01:04 PM
    I agree for those of us that done play games and use the decide for real life it's idea for those that have a phone to replace their video game system this might not be the device for you. But if you want quality hardware that is solid and reliable it can't be beat. After you live a life without pop up ads, it's tough to go back. That being said I do also have a galaxy s7 edge for Vr movies and whatever other apps for entertainment. The a BlackBerry version of an spen would put this device a world apart though.
    07-06-16 03:57 PM