11-18-14 12:43 PM
104 ... 345
tools
    You assume that a low end processor and ram can do all the same features that the high end spec can. What if it cant? Now there is an OS that needs to be dumbed down. This then makes the high end version worthless since it's just wasting power. Only way it works is with different os versions. Then you get complaints from users with a passport that can't run passport apps......
    I guess you have a point. I'm just looking for a way this could work :/

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-18-14 08:57 AM
    Unfortunately I don't see the mobile phone market becoming like byopc. That never really even made it to the laptop market. With all the integrated components in a phone it would be a hassle.
    11-18-14 08:59 AM
    Well I don't like having to delete apps on my Z30. I would like a lot more internal storage and to keep the same user experience I might need more RAM for that. I have downloaded several Cache Tube you tube videos as well since You Tube won't legally allow them to be exported to an SD card but if I do more, I'll run out of space.

Let's try and be yes people and make it happen shall we

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 11:41 AM
    I know -__-. You make several points in each section of your post. You're right. It is better in concept. Just a pipe dream I guess. Based on your knowledge of all this, let me take advantage of your attention for a moment with this question...

Do you think we could ever see a manufacture produce smartphones as they are now for the general public, but also provide customers who are technologically educated to pay a little extra if they want a faster cpu/gpu, more RAM or storage space? I would hope so. I would definitely have ordered my Passport with 64gb if I had the option. I would have left the RAM alone but ask them to bump up the CPU.

The Amazing Passport is charging, Posted via Q10
    I think we're already seeing more variants for devices in general. There's what, three? four? variants of the Galaxy S5 already and improved production techniques make it easier to create different versions of the same hardware.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome PASSPORT(!) 2BDDB50E
    11-18-14 12:43 PM
104 ... 345