Would love an optimus keyboard on a phone but they cost like $1500 for a non-number pad desktop version. So 3 times the cost of a passport right now for a different keyboard and you guys would pay that?
    as someone else said, thats a full keyboard, a lot bigger too, also its full rgb lcd, i imagine e-ink would be more than enough for this (as it would be for cyrillic, cantonese, accents and such, not pictures), making the costs a lot less, also, maybe with a proper design, glass buttons could be feasible, then a single e-ink layer would be enough instead of having like 40 (with glass key setup it would also be possible to just extend the primary display below the glass buttons and handle that region of the screen seperately, exclusively for the keyboard), i assume that would be a few $s extra per phone. also, optimus isnt being produced in 100k quantities, that makes it a lot more expensive

edit: i imagine the glass could be polarized in a way that only the lcd underneath could leak through, that way it wouldnt be as noticable that its glass
    11-16-14 01:05 PM
    4" screen with 4 rows keyboard will sweet spot for me.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Same here.
    1. Slightly less wide.
    2. Screen size 4"inches (!440 x 1440x resolution though)
    3. 4 row touch sensitive physical keyboard
    11-16-14 01:11 PM
    It should be lighter that's for sure.

I don't care much about the camera, but a lot of people do, and Passport's camera isn't great.
    11-16-14 01:25 PM
    A Passport Mini. It would appeal to a lot more people. And more colours. Maybe blue, yellow.
    11-16-14 02:08 PM
    A half decent camera with working whitebalance and a faster focus ....for cryin' out loud the fisher price camera of my sons toy camera is faster and better....

besides that it's the best phone on the planet.... can't beat it with a stick :-)
    11-16-14 02:09 PM
    as someone else said, thats a full keyboard, a lot bigger too, also its full rgb lcd, i imagine e-ink would be more than enough for this (as it would be for cyrillic, cantonese, accents and such, not pictures), making the costs a lot less, also, maybe with a proper design, glass buttons could be feasible, then a single e-ink layer would be enough instead of having like 40 (with glass key setup it would also be possible to just extend the primary display below the glass buttons and handle that region of the screen seperately, exclusively for the keyboard), i assume that would be a few $s extra per phone. also, optimus isnt being produced in 100k quantities, that makes it a lot more expensive

edit: i imagine the glass could be polarized in a way that only the lcd underneath could leak through, that way it wouldnt be as noticable that its glass
    Sure a less quality LCD would make it cheaper. But you still have to miniaturize the individual keys. I guess putting an LCD behind all the keys could work, but not sure how that would work with the tactile feedback BB is known for. How do you have a key with a click and not have any of the mechanics interfere with the LCD behind? Not going to be a simple or insignificant expense R&D process.
    11-16-14 03:04 PM
    a fingerprint reader (in space bar maybe)
    11-16-14 03:33 PM
    Sure a less quality LCD would make it cheaper. But you still have to miniaturize the individual keys. I guess putting an LCD behind all the keys could work, but not sure how that would work with the tactile feedback BB is known for. How do you have a key with a click and not have any of the mechanics interfere with the LCD behind? Not going to be a simple or insignificant expense R&D process.
    Chen recently said they spent $1.5 billion in R&D I doubt Art Lebedev team had all that cash to spend and they made a very interesting keyboard (even if BlackBerry wouldn't spend it all on one research of course, but just to point out BlackBerry's resources).
    If they were the first to make such a keyboard for mobile phones BlackBerry's image would be associated with innovation... again (the Passport trackpad already makes its effect on people when they get how useful it is)

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-16-14 03:38 PM
    I think another 3 or more sim card slots. Then I could kiss goodbye to overpriced MIFI
    How about swap able keyboards for coders.
    I'd like a digital lense cap on cameras, or a retractable fiber optic camera that would very handy.
    I'd also like it alarmed to non owner touch maybe the whole phone could flash, make a noise, customisable of course
    Water proof, Ideally I'd like to be able to take it for a swim maybe in the sea, saves leaving it on the beach.
    Mobility radar to detect traffic while walking.
    Some sort of magentic clip so I can just pop it on a flat surface and watch a video. Or some sort of cord so I can just clip it to something.
    If it could lip read that would be pretty cool for those wretched train journeys where everyone is shouting and watching a video, but I guess that's more software.
    But who knows what you'll get.
    Or how about we just flip the keyboard sideways. and split it more ways.
    The possibilities are endless. A video on how to open a bottle with it would be pretty damn useful now.
    11-16-14 03:59 PM
    Chen recently said they spent $1.5 billion in R&D I doubt Art Lebedev team had all that cash to spend and they made a very interesting keyboard (even if BlackBerry wouldn't spend it all on one research of course, but just to point out BlackBerry's resources).
    If they were the first to make such a keyboard for mobile phones BlackBerry's image would be associated with innovation... again (the Passport trackpad already makes its effect on people when they get how useful it is)

Posted via CB10
    No doubt art lebedev team didn't have that much. They had a very specific product in mind. Passport is exponentially more complicated.
    11-16-14 04:04 PM
    No doubt art lebedev team didn't have that much. They had a very specific product in mind. Passport is exponentially more complicated.
    The biggest challenge would be to associate the sensitive keyboard to LED keys. Is it even possible?
    If it is possible that would be a mind blowing device (even with black and white LED/paper-ink like without any colour)

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 04:41 PM
    I would love to have camera improvements.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 04:49 PM
    Physical keys that can change their appearance, I don't care how much it would cost

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    I want it to have a mounted machine guy as well!

BlackBerry 10 was my idea.
    11-16-14 06:22 PM
    I want it to have a mounted machine guy as well!

BlackBerry 10 was my idea.
    I hope you meant gun, not that there's anything wrong with that.
    11-16-14 06:24 PM
    I'd blend the Classic and the Passport together. I mean, i don't really get why you need two devices that are that different from each other. Passport should've been Classic XL, now you have to choose between the 3 rows with a big screen, or the 4 rows with a smaller screen, lower processor etc.

- Between 4.0 & 4.5 inch screen
    - 4 rows
    - Further improvements of the touch keyboard ( example double tapping is open browser etc etc )
    - Swappable battery
    - DUAL SIM ( tbh, if you're going to call your device a 'Passport', this is a must. )
    11-16-14 07:00 PM
    hopefully multiple sims will be possible soon with their virtual sim technology, maybe even back compatible with the passport
    11-16-14 07:51 PM
    A lighter version but with bigger battery (more than 4000 mAh) and revolutionary 4 rows LED keyboard (no use of on-screen virtual keyboard anymore, Art Lebedev-like LED keyboard allowing you to switch by a swipe down between keyboards).
    That would be THE ultimate physical keyboard (of course with the already implemented touch/trackpad and predictive keyboard ability)
    4000mah. Isn't that pushing into the netbook battery capacity range? That's awesome and quite a bit insane lol

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-16-14 10:09 PM
    4000mah. Isn't that pushing into the netbook battery capacity range? That's awesome and quite a bit insane lol

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    It's already there on some Lenovo smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 11:21 PM
    Passport 2 should be the same form factor, the same industrial design, but with further upgraded specs.

Think about it, I would love to see a Z50 coming out but that wouldn't be a Passport any more. Passport is a unique design of a passport size, 3 rows of keyboard, square screen, etc. Changing it would destroy the consistency of Passport serie.

Specs wise however, there are still lots of room for improvement: Octo-core processor, 4K screen, better camera software and hardware, even larger battery by shrinking the footprint of other parts in the phone, etc.

If we allow to change the question a little bit, instead of asking for a Passport 2, asking for the next flagship BlackBerry design, I would say a Z50 at the same form factor as Z30, but much better screen resolution, much better processor, much better camera, the same or better battery life, etc. That would be a dream.
    11-16-14 11:21 PM
    Passport 2 should be the same form factor, the same industrial design, but with further upgraded specs.

Think about it, I would love to see a Z50 coming out but that wouldn't be a Passport any more. Passport is a unique design of a passport size, 3 rows of keyboard, square screen, etc. Changing it would destroy the consistency of Passport serie.

Specs wise however, there are still lots of room for improvement: Octo-core processor, 4K screen, better camera software and hardware, even larger battery by shrinking the footprint of other parts in the phone, etc.

If we allow to change the question a little bit, instead of asking for a Passport 2, asking for the next flagship BlackBerry design, I would say a Z50 at the same form factor as Z30, but much better screen resolution, much better processor, much better camera, the same or better battery life, etc. That would be a dream.
    Why in the f'in hell do you want 4k? That's 640 ppi, I bet your epenis would be a mile longer but other than that I can't even express how useless it is. Octo core cpu is also useless unless you run like 8-16 apps at any given time, or you have mobile apps that can utilise that many cores (probably other than a few games, none). A quad core with better performance/clock ratio is a lot more useful for individual apps (which are more common on a phone than running 30 apps at the same time)

Edit: even android flagships won't have 4k in the next few years. Not even desktop pcs can handle 4k games and my s4 even had troubles running gta at full hd (s3 had no troubles at 720p so the hardware of the s4 clearly wasn't in pair with the screen). The screens are evolving much more quickly than cpu/gpu, unless brands will push out phones that can't even handle the display, there won't be 4k any time soon. Also if you look at how screen resolution is changing over time you can see its slowing down. 720p to 1080p it was 2.25, 1080p to 1440p (uhd) it's 1.7. While gpus haven't evolved much since the 720p days

Edit2: here's a chart directly from arm:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5077/a...r-than-mali400

By 2016 mobile gpus will barely be 1.25 times faster and 4k displays are 4 times the resolution of full hd...
    Last edited by dvarnai; 11-16-14 at 11:44 PM.
    11-16-14 11:31 PM
    I think the next step would be to have an actual screen under the keys or led keys like the patents they have that can change what the keys show. Maybe not realistic for v2 though.

Other then that wireless charging and a fingerprint reader on the back under the camera.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 11:40 PM
    I'm the wrong person to be answering this question. I thought my Q10 was as good as it got, and then the Passport came along, and wow.

It's perfect. I'd buy this phone for years.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 11:45 PM
    I think the next step would be to have an actual screen under the keys or led keys like the patents they have that can change what the keys show.

Other then that wireless charging.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, wireless charging and physical keys that can change their appearance, making even more space on the screen as you won't need a virtual keyboard for symbols, you won't need arabic/qwerty/qwertz etc versions of each phone (so probably cheaper production compared to having to set up more production lines for different layouts)

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    EsJayDee likes this.
    11-16-14 11:46 PM
    No way to change the screen size else it is not a Passport anymore.

I hope to have these for PP2 :

1. Bigger capacity battery
    2. Dual Sim
    3. Full size keyboard
    4. Better Camera quality
    5. More solid design prefer Rose gold as option
    6. Quicker charging time
    7. Better resale value

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 11:48 PM
    People just stop asking for dual sim. Virtual sim is coming with support for up to 256 Sims so you can be on the network of all the existing carriers of the world lol. I'm sure it will even be supported on the current passport if it comes out in a timely manner as it should be only a sim/software change rather than hardware

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    11-16-14 11:52 PM
104 1234 ...