Being an AT&T Corporate customer I rarely go into their stores. My rep brings or ships us whatever we need. That being said yesterday I was waiting for a buddy for lunch at a restaurant next to an AT&T store in our central business district (New Orleans). I walked in and asked if they had the BlackBerry Passport. The young lady enthusiastically said, " Right this way,sir!" Right there in the very front display was a fully charged and functional BlackBerry Passport. She knew all about the hub, the keyboard, the battery life and said it is one of the most asked about devices. Customers often come in to get a look at the size and quite a few purchase them. She said they have run out of stock a few times but wouldn't divulge numbers. She was quite helpful and watched me work BB10. She didn't know she could minimize the demo mode and actually use the device.

She then asked me what I was using and I replied, "Excuse me while I whip this out." She asked what it was and I explained it was the BlackBerry Z30. She had never heard of it. After comparing its size to her iPhone 6 she asked if she could show it to her manager and I consented. This is a very large store with about 10-12 reps working in it. Soon there was a small crowd around my Z30 marveling at it. They were perplexed that At&T didn't carry that device and said it could sell quite well. They also made some disgruntled noises when I told them Verizon carries it and their model has wireless charging. They also didn't know you could order BlackBerry devices directly (or rather indirectly from Digital River) online.

I didn't get the Passport. I have employees interested in it but nothing is going to happen until I see what AT&T does with the Leap. Most have Z10s and battery bundles and are OK with them. A few carry secondary devices but they are not allowed on our network. Field reps will probably get Leaps while management can opt for Passports. I allowed a couple to get their own Z30s but I won't provide them as the AT&T LTE bands are spotty in our area.

Today I was near another AT&T store and popped in just to see if that was a unique situation. This was a much smaller store but almost mirrored my previous experience. I read all of the horror stories here about carriers not supporting or paying attention to BlackBerry but just these two cases were pleasant and positive. By the way I have also seen an AT&T digital billboard touting the Passport and Classic.
    05-22-15 08:52 PM
    I am glad that you had a positive experience. We need to hear more stories like this.
    Unfortunately, for me, there is not a Blackberry Passport in any US AT&T store within 250 miles from me. But right across the river in Canada, I see them in many stores. Especially Telus and Bell.
    05-22-15 08:59 PM
    Nice. Glad to see that the passport is in the store and the rep actually knows what it is and how to work it. Thanks for the nice story.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 09:40 PM
    Finally positive feedback about a carrier based in the U.S. Keep em comin

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.680
    05-22-15 09:52 PM
    I had a similar experience. Very positive from AT&T. Did a search online and all three corporate stores surrounding me had the Passport in stock. I called ahead and asked if they had a demo and at least two in stock for purchase. They checked and I was on my way.

The one rep I spoke to on the phone was busy so another rep was helping me and was in awe of my original Passport I was showing off. We were there to get my mom an AT&T version Passport. The original rep came by and was real cool and showed me the Classic as well. Solid device, looking forward to Blue! Both functioning on display.

Asked about sales and was told they sell a few Passports a week, but have sold much more Classics. Interesting to me, but I'm sure the $0 down helps there. Also, I do not live in a major city.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 12:24 AM
    The trend seems more serious in Europe where for example Orange France has simply removed the Passport from their Corporate catalogue.
    05-23-15 12:26 AM
    Definitely seems like AT&T is providing more support over time. Not sure why as the Passport and Classic have been out a few months now. Nonetheless it's nice to see the employees putting a positive more now than ever before. Also if you go to the AT&T Wireless website, the top banner has 6 bullet headlines and the first spot is the Passport followed by the iPhone 6, and then the SG6. So basically as soon as you click SHOP the Passport is the first device you. I love my Passport but use my Classic most.

Posted via CB10 with my AT&T Classic
    05-23-15 12:32 AM
    The trend seems more serious in Europe where for example Orange France has simply removed the Passport from their Corporate catalogue.
    Searched all over Amsterdam. Could not find ANY Blackberry for sale.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 02:55 AM
    Love to hear a positive story.

I've been afraid to stop in the local AT&T Corporate store because I'm afraid I'll be disappointed.
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-23-15 04:04 PM
    Nice to hear. I wish it was the same in Atlanta, GA and even Kennesaw. I'm yet to see or touch the official AT&T Passport.
    05-23-15 07:05 PM
    I went to an AT&T store outside of Buffalo (Orchard Park) and asked about the passport. The rep took me right to the display and began explaining the hub and how it works. I took out my Q10 and told him I was already familiar with "our" OS. He was well informed about BlackBerry. While he made his pitch he made no attempt to push a Samsung or Apple. Was good to see a store with actual BlackBerry products. It was even better not to have some one look at me incredulously with an inquiry about BlackBerry.

This is a good sign...

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 06:05 AM