I've been thinking on purchasing a BlackBerry passport SE but i was wondering if that issue was fixed already, been seeing a lot of comments regarding the screen lifting

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-20-16 02:33 PM
    I just got one last weekend and the top edge of mine lifts and presses down with ease. It's my only concern but as of now is a non issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 02:51 PM
    Got my SE a few days ago and it has an ever so slight lift on the top right corner. Definitely not an issue to me though. I've seen way worse cases that have lasted years.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 12:39 PM
    I've never seen an SE without the issue. Oh well. Maybe worth dismantling and regluing.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 11:48 PM
    I just got an SE close to a month ago and I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 01:05 AM
    I just got an SE close to a month ago and I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Posted via CB10
    It'll happen when you least expect it.
    11-01-16 01:25 AM
    Got my SE a few days ago and it has an ever so slight lift on the top right corner. Definitely not an issue to me though. I've seen way worse cases that have lasted years.

Posted via CB10
    This is the main problem. There is a quality issue, you (people) don't care and manufacturers get away with it and the next new product will be even worse. Year after year manufacturers minimise the spending on manufacturing and materials used, but maximising their profits.

Sorry, but with this behaviour "I don't care, I can live with it" you actually telling them that's ok. Bought SE Passport last April, screenlift straight out of the box (plus other issues) so sent it back.‎
    joseanmx likes this.
    11-01-16 06:42 AM
    It's a tight fit on all of them but mostly a non issue. Can't happen on att version.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    11-01-16 10:51 AM
    I've never seen an SE without the issue. Oh well. Maybe worth dismantling and regluing.

Posted via CB10
    I've had an SE for a year now and no sight of any lift ever. In fact we have two Passports in the house - one SE and one black. The black one is almost two years old. No screen lift issues on either. Neither has ever been in a holster. Maybe that's the reason the screen did not lift. Don't know for sure though.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 11:09 AM
    I've had an SE for a year now and no sight of any lift ever. In fact we have two Passports in the house - one SE and one black. The black one is almost two years old. No screen lift issues on either. Neither has ever been in a holster. Maybe that's the reason the screen did not lift. Don't know for sure though.

Posted via CB10
    I have another Passport SE coming in the mail, third time's a charm. I'll let you folks know what I see.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 11:09 AM
    There's an ever so slight raise only top right. I can push it down flush but I don't care. It's a none issue to me I'm on month 6 and am about to buy another for company backup.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    11-02-16 11:48 AM
    I got my Passport SE last week. No visually observable screen lift issue on this particular unit.
    11-02-16 01:14 PM
    Okay.... after reading this thread, I checked my silver passport and there is a slight screen lift in the top right corner that I never noticed before. Barely noticable unless you are looking for it.

Checked my black passport and no screen lift whatsoever. The black (and white I assume) has a ridge all the top that the screen rests inside.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 07:09 PM
    Okay.... after reading this thread, I checked my silver passport and there is a slight screen lift in the top right corner that I never noticed before. Barely noticable unless you are looking for it.

Checked my black passport and no screen lift whatsoever. The black (and white I assume) has a ridge all the top that the screen rests inside.

Posted via CB10
    Are you on Passport fulltime?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 09:52 PM
    Just received my new Passport SE, and the very same thing as the two I've tried before it: screen lift at the top right, even a little all the way left, and some glue peeking out the crack that I pulled.

Lovely handset otherwise though I still vastly prefer everything about the OG (except the keyboard and speakers).

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 02:16 PM