12-11-14 02:14 PM
35 12
tools
    Cool. Do you live in US? I wonder how do I return mine if I get such issue like yours.

Lol

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    Yes, I do live in US.
    Ordered my 4th replacement . Amazon promised this time they will send me a NEW one.
    12-11-14 12:06 AM
    Received my Passport from Amazon today. All factory stickers peeled completely off or missing entirely. There were also stickers covering the specs on the side of the box. Finger prints on the uncovered screen. Ran through the setup to see that someone had already done that on 11/28. Pretty sure they're getting returns from users who don't want the phone and then reselling as new. I called, printed my return label and dropped off at the UPS store not even an hour after receiving it. They're sending me a replacement "next day" shipping. Hopefully it will be a NEW device like I paid for.

Posted via CB10
    I have the same doubt. I ordered three phones and all came in damaged packages. I read somewhere that some sellers put on new panels on old phones to make them appear new. All the three phones I received had one defect or the other. Ordered a 4th replacement and escalated the issue twice to Amazon. Hopefully the next phone will be BRAND NEW.
    12-11-14 12:38 AM
    My box was also damaged. The outside shipping box was fine but the black Passport box was slightly damaged on the outside, and to my surprise, the inside packaging was also damaged. It was very disappointing to see, but the Passport itself seemed fine (looked new) except for a smudge near the volume buttons which wiped away. The rest of the packaging seemed new. And the date on the box said 11112014, if I recall correctly, and it shipped around Nov 25th. The phone seems to be working fine, although it was a bit sluggish when I first set it up. It's like butter now -- night and day compared to my first few hours with it.
    12-11-14 03:01 AM
    Package arrived with damaged Blackberry box (Amazon order)-img_20141203_163613_edit.jpg
    Here's a photo of the inner packaging.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 03:15 AM
    Ok that's clearly a shipping issue. Not a hint it was used. Although when I return a package for a 700 dollar phone I didn't like I always make sure to kick the living **** out of it.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 04:03 AM
    As for the smudge.. remember these are made in Mexico.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 04:04 AM
    Received my Passport from Amazon today. All factory stickers peeled completely off or missing entirely. There were also stickers covering the specs on the side of the box. Finger prints on the uncovered screen. Ran through the setup to see that someone had already done that on 11/28. Pretty sure they're getting returns from users who don't want the phone and then reselling as new. I called, printed my return label and dropped off at the UPS store not even an hour after receiving it. They're sending me a replacement "next day" shipping. Hopefully it will be a NEW device like I paid for.

Posted via CB10
    Hello smann40,

Could you please tell specifically how we can check if the phone was used by running through the setup?

Thanks.
    12-11-14 11:33 AM
    How can we run through the setup to see if the phone was used? Which part of the setting?

Thanks.
    12-11-14 11:51 AM
    I must say that is not acceptable! For re-sale value if you sell and flip phones is intact packaging! I am always hesitant ordering electronics on the net! I like to see what I'm buying before I walk out the store. Better to be picky/particular than to regret it once you start using the device!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 12:27 PM
    Can we escalate the problem to the Blackberry firm? What should we do to notify them about this problem?
    12-11-14 02:14 PM
35 12