Friends,
    I ordered my Blackberry Passport from Amazon and received it last month.
    On opening the Amazon package, I found that the inner box (Blackberry box which contains the actual phone) was damaged.
    It appeared as if someone had scratched it on a rough surface and as if someone had punched it several times with a sharp object.
    In addition, I found a yellow sticky note stuck on the box with nothing written on it. There was no damage on the phone though.
    I used the phone for a few days, and as I had issues with touch, I returned it and ordered a replacement.
    To my surprise, I found that the replacement box had some scratches as well (Few scratches, compared to the previous one), and that the Amazon package was intact without any wear and tear. When I called Amazon, they said if the phone looks good, I need not worry, but never told me the reason why the box was damaged or why there was a sticky note on it. I read in some forums that in few cases, sellers sell used/refurbished phones as New, by doing a security wipe and by changing the outer panel. Since my phone was sold directly by Amazon, I don't think that might be the case.

I would like to know if anyone else had faced similar issues with their packages as well.
    Also, is it possible to find if my phone is brand new or refurbished?
    Additionally, the feedback on my qwerty keyboard is not pleasant, as some of the keys (M, H, S) produce two click sounds for a single click, meaning they get overlapped with the adjacent keys most of the times.
    I would like to know if any of my fellow BB'ians have faced similar issues with their Passport, and if it is possible to fix the keyboard issue (I'm too lazy / have developed liking towards this device so don't want to do another return
    12-08-14 07:38 PM
    I'm in a similar boat in that it appears I received a used or refurbished device. Unlike my previous two, though, this passport doesn't have any keyboard issues and so I think for now I'm going to stick with it. You should definitely contact amazon further though and see what they will do. Because there's obviously a build quality issue with yours regardless of whether or not you received a used device.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 09:17 PM
    I would not accept a refurbished phone if I ordered a brand new one. Shouldn't be any damage to the box either. If I thought that I was sent a used phone, I would get a refund and order from somewhere else

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    BBRYQ10 and thedose like this.
    12-08-14 09:22 PM
    Btw, forgot to add, I ordered from shopbb

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 09:27 PM
    I'm in a similar boat in that it appears I received a used or refurbished device. Unlike my previous two, though, this passport doesn't have any keyboard issues and so I think for now I'm going to stick with it. You should definitely contact amazon further though and see what they will do. Because there's obviously a build quality issue with yours regardless of whether or not you received a used device.

Posted via CB10
    I ordered Klipsch X7i's and it was delivered in an bubble envelope and the package was crushed a bit. I too was wondering it was not sent in a box!?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 09:37 PM
    Great post. Loved the pictures.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 09:40 PM
    That's not good

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 09:42 PM
    Thanks thecarrot!
    Sadly, this is my third Passport as well
    I have already made two returns and I'm tired of doing returns again.
    I've been shopping from Amazon since 2012 and this is my worst experience with them.
    Hopefully, I will call them and say that I will keep on returning till they send me a new one (I still have 20 days left on my return policy)
    12-08-14 11:35 PM
    Actually, I got if for $499 as part of Thanksgiving deal!
    That's the reason I opted for a replacement.
    I will call them again and see what they can do here.
    12-08-14 11:37 PM
    Mine came in a mint condition box from amazon.com
    12-09-14 12:15 AM
    Sadly, this is my third replacement from Amazon and I'm disappointed by the way they keep on sending phones in damaged boxes
    12-09-14 12:34 AM
    Did you do anything about it?
    This is my third replacement and unfortunately, every box I received was damaged (The outer Amazon package was intact though) and I have been seeing issues with every phone upon 2-3 days of usage.
    12-09-14 12:35 AM
    My first unit came new from Amazon and had some build quality issues. I sent it back and received a replacement that was obviously refurbished. I only kept the second one because it was in better shape than the 'new'. I'm guessing that Blackberry's repair shop does better work than the manufacturing plants.
    12-09-14 06:43 AM
    I was one of the first ones to get a phone from amazon wjen the phone was released. My box was beat a bit too from the outside. The phone seemed to be in like new state. So I didnt make a big fuss about it.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 06:58 AM
    Did you do anything about it?
    This is my third replacement and unfortunately, every box I received was damaged (The outer Amazon package was intact though) and I have been seeing issues with every phone upon 2-3 days of usage.
    What are your issues?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 09:36 AM
    Bought mine brand new from shop.bb and it arrived in perfect condition, both boxes and the phone were untouched. I feel like in your cases it may have been shady shipment handlers moreso than issues with the providers

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 09:52 AM
    Thanks for your response. I have mentioned my issues in the original post above.
    "The feedback on my qwerty keyboard is not pleasant, as some of the keys (M, H, S) produce two click sounds for a single click, meaning they get overlapped with the adjacent keys most of the times."
    12-09-14 01:08 PM
    Got mine brand new directly from Amazon, too. Shipped globally from Ruskin, FL to Manila, PH. Box is good and sealed. Factory stickers not been peeled. Smells brand new. But there's something sticky booger-like thing on the screen and small scratch . I wiped them out with wet cloth, some disappeared but some wouldn't. It wasn't really visible tho and I think it must be on the factory protector and not the glass itself. All in all, device is doing pretty good.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-09-14 01:39 PM
    Got mine brand new directly from Amazon, too. Shipped globally from Ruskin, FL to Manila, PH. Box is good and sealed. Factory stickers not been peeled. Smells brand new. But there's something sticky booger-like thing on the screen and small scratch . I wiped them out with wet cloth, some disappeared but some wouldn't. It wasn't really visible tho and I think it must be on the factory protector and not the glass itself. All in all, device is doing pretty good.

Glad to know yours came as new.
    I am now working this issue with Amazon.
    They have promised to check their inventory and get back to me in a week.
    12-09-14 02:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thank You!
    I have escalated this issue to Amazon and awaiting final response.
    Sadly, this is my third replacement as well
    I may opt for a fourth one, as Amazon promised that they will check their inventory and clear all the damaged boxes in a week.
    12-09-14 04:08 PM
    What are your issues?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your response. I have mentioned my issues in the original post above.
    "The feedback on my qwerty keyboard is not pleasant, as some of the keys (M, H, S) produce two click sounds for a single click, meaning they get overlapped with the adjacent keys most of the times."
    12-09-14 06:36 PM

A fresh booger for free, nice.

? Z10
    12-09-14 07:12 PM
    Glad to know yours came as new.
    I am now working this issue with Amazon.
    They have promised to check their inventory and get back to me in a week.
    Cool. Do you live in US? I wonder how do I return mine if I get such issue like yours.

A fresh booger for free, nice.

? Z10
    Lol

12-09-14 09:37 PM
    Always a surprise.

Package arrived with damaged Blackberry box (Amazon order)-nosegoblins.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 04:06 AM
    Received my Passport from Amazon today. All factory stickers peeled completely off or missing entirely. There were also stickers covering the specs on the side of the box. Finger prints on the uncovered screen. Ran through the setup to see that someone had already done that on 11/28. Pretty sure they're getting returns from users who don't want the phone and then reselling as new. I called, printed my return label and dropped off at the UPS store not even an hour after receiving it. They're sending me a replacement "next day" shipping. Hopefully it will be a NEW device like I paid for.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 07:13 PM
35 12