I thought it's just me. But i saw a passport review video on youtube and he too was having issue getting the symbols page up.

So what happens is many times when i press the @123, the onscreen keyboard pops up but immediately pops down by itself. I've to press several times to get it up. Sometimes after several tries, I've to be pressing it with just a little touch from my thumb, because maybe it's too sensitive and read my touch as a double tap.

Anyone has this problem? It only happens on the @123 button.
    10-02-14 05:26 AM
    Nope no such problems here, perhaps wipe the device and see if that fixes it or just swipe down on the keyboard. I don't really touch the on screen keyboard, if I need numbers and symbols I just quickly swipe down on keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 05:37 AM
    Just swipe down on your keyboard instead of pressing @123.

Via CB10 from Scotland on my awesome PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052
    EsJayDee likes this.
    10-02-14 05:45 AM
    I thought it's just me. But i saw a passport review video on youtube and he too was having issue getting the symbols page up.

So what happens is many times when i press the @123, the onscreen keyboard pops up but immediately pops down by itself. I've to press several times to get it up. Sometimes after several tries, I've to be pressing it with just a little touch from my thumb, because maybe it's too sensitive and read my touch as a double tap.

Anyone has this problem? It only happens on the @123 button.
    I get this exact issue as well

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 05:59 AM
    Oh crap i didnt realise swiping down ur keyboard pops the symbols keypad up.

Thanks for this!
    10-02-14 06:37 AM
    I get this issue as well
    10-02-14 06:53 AM
    I do not have a problem with it. Most of my passwords consist of special characters. I see it as a plus that you have a whole numeric keypad when needed.... swiping down is my preferred method of use, though. You will be suprised how seldom you actually have to use those....

My only gripe is swiping up the middle suggestions when I am typing since it is harder due to the space bar and quite often I either tap it or write it out.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 and z30
    10-02-14 06:59 AM
    I have the same problem. Been teaching myself to use the swipe gesture until BlackBerry fixes the issue. Also the swipe down is faster anyway.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 07:24 AM
    Had the same problem... didnt even realize you can swipe down to bring up the numbers. thanks
    10-02-14 07:39 AM
    I have the same problem as well with the @123 key (alt). The shift key also has the same issue, albeit not as frequently. The shift key often gets engaged from an upward swipe on the left of the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 11:20 AM
    I've been having the same issue. I press and hold for a moment and it stays up but doing so converts the physical keyboard into a keywords pad. Gonna try the swipe down instead for now.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 11:39 AM
    I've been having the same issue. I press and hold for a moment and it stays up but doing so converts the physical keyboard into a keywords pad. Gonna try the swipe down instead for now.

Posted via CB10
    The problem with swipe down is that it does not keep the keyboard on the screen. As soon as you type one character, the keyboard disappears.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 11:54 AM
    I've been having the same issues as described by OP. Virtual keyboard drawer is closing itself autonomously and with some flashing oddness. I believe it has something to do with the touch keyboard being grazed as I try to click the @123 button.

Posted with Passport via CB10
    10-02-14 12:13 PM
    The problem with swipe down is that it does not keep the keyboard on the screen. As soon as you type one character, the keyboard disappears.

Posted via CB10
    This is not the same issue as what OP described. However, it is EXTREMELY annoying. Let me choose when to swipe it closed.

10-02-14 12:14 PM
    I've been having the same issues as described by OP. Virtual keyboard drawer is closing itself autonomously and with some flashing oddness. I believe it has something to do with the touch keyboard being grazed as I try to click the @123 button.

Agreed. That's what I think too. Some sensitivity adjustment needs to happen I think. I've noticed odd behavior too with the text editing bubble coming up too often and too easily. I'm actually going to wipe and move to OS 1172 and see what happens from there; hopefully it improves.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 01:07 PM
    Same here, and am trying to use the swipe down on the keyboard instead. And I like the cool "swoosh" sound it makes when I do that.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 01:28 PM
    It seems to be working fine for me...
    10-02-14 02:10 PM
    Same problem but thanks a bunch for the swipe down trick! I'll be using that from now on.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 02:37 PM
    Somehow I cannot understand what the problem is since you need to tap it normally and I haven't had any issues with it.... A video of the issue would greatly enlighten me.

10-02-14 04:06 PM
    Somehow I cannot understand what the problem is since you need to tap it normally and I haven't had any issues with it.... A video of the issue would greatly enlighten me.

Imagine pressing the @123 button, it pops up but immediately pops back down - u didn't double tap. U have to press again, this time pressing it very gently.

Got it?
    10-03-14 12:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, totally agree.
    But i wouldn't wanna change that function to 'keep the symbols pad up'. Because its function is supposed to be for quick entry of ONE number/symbol.
    10-03-14 12:47 AM
    SOLVED:

This "glitch" was driving me crazy because I went a whole day when I got the Passport and typed like a fiend until this started happening. Hard reboot, reload and restore - nothing worked. Until I stopped the pushed OS update (which came the day after I got my Telus device). This updated the OS from 10.3.0.1052 build .675 to build .738. I have done it twice now to be sure, even did a secure wipe in-between. No update = no glitch. The only problem now is I have to reload everything from fresh because the restore only fully works with the new OS installed.
    10-04-14 08:12 AM
    SOLVED:

This "glitch" was driving me crazy because I went a whole day when I got the Passport and typed like a fiend until this started happening. Hard reboot, reload and restore - nothing worked. Until I stopped the pushed OS update (which came the day after I got my Telus device). This updated the OS from 10.3.0.1052 build .675 to build .738. I have done it twice now to be sure, even did a secure wipe in-between. No update = no glitch. The only problem now is I have to reload everything from fresh because the restore only fully works with the new OS installed.
    Oh wow, alright. Thanks for solving this. I guess I'll be rolling this phone backward.

10-04-14 09:53 AM