10-15-14 03:40 AM
134 ... 3456
tools
    855380? Are you Kidding, of course
    10-11-14 05:36 PM
    We may never know how many Passports they sold this quarter, as BlackBerry doesn't break down sales of each device.
    10-11-14 10:04 PM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    easily possible and likely ... on launch day alone the Blackberry CEO Chen stated that 200k were sold AND another 200k on backorder

...since that launch day the supply chain demands to the channels like Rogers etc .. and other outlets .. other countries etc ...

...THIS and all sold out and still backlogs from Amazon.com and Shopblackberry.com etc ....

... Passport is proving to be the most innovative phone of 2014 ... and people want it!! ..
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 10-12-14 at 04:38 AM.
    10-12-14 04:27 AM
    Well I don't think that 1 million sold would be that big of a story for anyone but BB unfortunately. I'm not saying its true but I sure hope it is.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    One million Passports sold in one month would be dream figures for BlackBerry. Remember that it is a weird device, not oriented to mass market consumers and highly priced. No one could even guess this high acceptance.
    10-12-14 05:05 AM
    Sounds like good news to me, I bought one on launch day and another VIP version with a discount coupon so I contributed +2 to the current sakes numbers.

Sent from my lovely zon T Mobile USA (10.3.1.632)
    oneinfiniteloop likes this.
    10-12-14 05:30 AM
    We don't know, and we aren't going to know unless BlackBerry decide to tell us. Everything is rumour and pick the one you want to believe.

It does seem that demand is high, or at least higher than production. That's enough for now, it really is. It means it's done well and BlackBerry will be delighted.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck and Vorkosigan like this.
    10-12-14 05:43 AM
    I predicted one million units by the end of the year based on the initial demand and adoption
    by not just business oriented customers but normal consumers as well whom have shown strong interest.

While Wistron (The ODM) could certainly manufacture one million Passports, I doubt they have so far.

Plus with all the eyes on BlackBerry + how this device is going to sell + the leaks in the inventory channel + @ BlackBerry, if one million units had sold it would have come out from someone for sure.

Hearsay is hearsay, It's not credible. I would love to be proven wrong in the next investor call though.
    RSS Van likes this.
    10-12-14 08:15 AM
    Do any one knows how many BlackBerry 10 devices are out there?

Check out my photography channel
    10-12-14 12:20 PM
    One million Passports sold in one month would be dream figures for BlackBerry. Remember that it is a weird device, not oriented to mass market consumers and highly priced. No one could even guess this high acceptance.
    It's not that it's a "weird" device that makes such huge sales suspect but that it's fundamentally a pkb phone. Those are still not as high in demand as a full touchscreen. There is also the Classic coming up and it isn't clear how much the two are competing for the same users.
    10-12-14 02:19 PM
    I've called every bell store within an hour of me. Sales reps say huge demand and out of stock. Bell online store is out of stock as well

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 02:28 PM
    So what are the confirmed sales? Plus the reports which are just another word for rumor?

1 million would be amazing especially since it has only released in a few countries.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 03:26 PM
    go passport go
    10-12-14 05:18 PM
    It's not that it's a "weird" device that makes such huge sales suspect but that it's fundamentally a pkb phone. Those are still not as high in demand as a full touchscreen. There is also the Classic coming up and it isn't clear how much the two are competing for the same users.
    Well part of the reason is the large square screen yet everone i know with a full touch screen takes one look at my passport and drools so i dont think the clasic will even come close for sales no one with a larg screen will go to a small screen.
    10-12-14 05:24 PM
    But many people didn't switch phones because they preferred typing on glass, it was a sacrifice to gain more screen real estate when they weren't typing. The Passport changes that equation. You get a large screen, physical keyboard AND the advanced features of a virtual keyboard.
    10-12-14 05:26 PM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Still out of stock most places with sales reps saying very strong demand... India launch should be interesting also.. wonder how long before Amazon India sells out initial allocation of BlackBerry Passports?

Days?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 07:47 PM
    I hope the passport is doing well. I do not, however, believe anything that is posted on this thread....that includes anything I say as well.
    So that means, you may believe everything that's said in this thread o___O what a paradox

Posted via Q10RR
    10-12-14 08:41 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Lol!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 11:16 PM
    Nope :P

Look - I'm not disputing numbers (I don't know, and I don't think anyone outside of sales at BlackBerry knows), but it's incredibly unlikely that an agent at a carrier store knows what the numbers are.
    I'm not saying that the numbers are correct, but it's completely plausible for a sales rep to know. More critical information then this gets leaked all the time. CEO of Telus talks to BlackBerry, says I need more passports, BlackBerry says sorry man, we don't have any, we sold almost a million already. Regional manager calls CEO, says I need more passports, CEO says not happening, they're out, they've already sold like a million. District manager calls regional manager... You get the picture. Info like that could easily get down to a sales rep, especially one who is a fan of BlackBerry and is asking questions.
    10-13-14 12:29 AM
    200k sold on first day, for cold hard cash. No carrier subsidies. Does anyone know what the percentage is of people who buy their phones outright, not on contact? That might give us a bit of an idea of possible numbers.
    10-13-14 12:36 AM
    I'm glad to be one of whatever number. My perception is that there is lots of interest. This the only BlackBerry device I've had - and I go back to the first BlackBerry smartphones - where I've been stopped by strangers wanting to take a look.

It's also the first phone I've had in recent memory where I can use a 9 font because the screen is so sharp. I think this is a winner, but that means a modest but meaningful sales success.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 12:42 AM
    I am actually amazed at the number of people who are generally not interested in BlackBerry ? to know about the passport and are fascinated by and actually consider getting it. Whether they do or not is another matter but the fact that they are actually considering buying it is A huge step for BlackBerry ? in my opinion. So I won't be too surprised if the numbers reaches 1 million!

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry and Windows phones are really the only interesting phones now with the exception of some androids of course, the galaxy edge is amazing, but I phones are pretty predictable every year, better specs, and thinner and a design change that is so revolutionary every two years but in reality the old design was better.
    10-13-14 02:02 AM
    keep em rolling id laugh if blackbery outsold iphone ......ya i know even though we are not in compition

first coffee with my pasport
    10-13-14 08:45 AM
    keep em rolling id laugh if blackbery outsold iphone ......ya i know even though we are not in compition

first coffee with my pasport
    If you compare the units sold from bbry with their marketshare, to the units apple sold with their (110%+-) lager marketshare it actually ousold it.

BUT yeah, i know this i kind of "bull****" for the most people.
    I can only tell that the passport even took the attention from people. NO they did not buy the passport but suddenly showed interest in my Q10. Just because they saw bbry is still alive...
    They will change their iphones and droids once they are sold or once they have the money.

So my conlusion.
    Passport does not only takes attention on it's own, it also draws attention from droid/apple users to bbry in general. And that last point is the MOST important one.

Bbry is alive again, and within a short period the market wil realize this

Posted via CB10
    menshawy likes this.
    10-13-14 09:25 AM
    maybe now is the time for BlackBerry to reengage Netflix and Instagram to get those two apps native on bB10.

I'd also like to see skype native with proper Hub integration and the ability for the "phone" app to route the call through Skype or cellular, depending on per-contact preferences.

Posted via CB10
    meltedice likes this.
    10-13-14 01:26 PM
    Time for them to advertise it while it's hot

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:57 PM
134 ... 3456