I was just at a Telus store here in brantford ontario i asked if any new new cases were out she replied no not yet, so i asked how sales were going..this is after walking around the mall and seeing no passports at any vendors on display or stock. She then replied very well, as she knew they were exclusive to Telus & blackberry for the first while. And sales were going very well and that blackberry reported to Telus that over 1 million passports were sold in the first week.
    If this has any truth to the story wow, by the time backorder's are filled.

Final sale numbers are ______._________

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 10:49 AM
    The exact count is 855,380 passports sold all over the world.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 10:52 AM
    I highly doubt they sold one million. Simply no way they can pump passport out that fast. If they did, then there wouldn't be so many backorders

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    10-10-14 10:53 AM
    Great news indeed, but I rather know the number of actual users.

Final Actual users numbers = Final sale numbers - Final returned units

Not even iPhones escape the return devices issue.

I highly doubt they sold one million. Simply no way they can pump passport out that fast. If they did, then there wouldn't be so many backorders
    And just maybe, there are backorders because a million devices were sold when they only have around 300 thousand units.
    medic_28 and JGoodard like this.
    10-10-14 10:54 AM

Since you know so much. How many were produced in the factory in Mexico on the first batch runs? How many did they have on hand the when they launched?
    Nayalm and spikesolie like this.
    10-10-14 10:54 AM
    That is impressive given there is almost no ads for that.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 11:00 AM
    Since you know so much. How many were produced in the factory in Mexico on the first batch runs? How many did they have on hand the when they launched?
    Even if I knew, I wouldn't be allowed to tell you would I? if I had told you, I probably wouldn't allow you to live. If I allowed you to live, you probably wouldn't believe the numbers I give you would you? So why ask such a stupid question?

K man13, vaioman, blkitr and 11 others like this.
    10-10-14 11:08 AM
    I'm really curious as to what the production capacity is i.e. how many units can be produced a week.

If they have made less than they sold, how long will it take them to catch up?

Now, if I wasn't sitting in the middle of the fairly slow moving Rogers business reservation list I probably won't care all that much, but I am and I'm impatient.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 11:08 AM
    It might not be that far fetch. Chen already stated, between BB shop and Amazon were already 200,000 unit sold in the first 10 hours.
    There has to be supply to stock the rest of the channels for launch. Adding up all the carriers and resellers stock, there has to be at least a million units floating around to make everyone happy for a little while.
    10-10-14 11:10 AM
    Even if I knew, I wouldn't be allowed to tell you would I? if I had told you, I probably wouldn't allow you to live. If I allowed you to live, you probably wouldn't believe the numbers I give you would you? So why ask such a stupid question?

OK. I thought that you posted that
    Simply no way they can pump passport out that fast.
    . Saying that must mean you know when they started production and how many they can produce since the start of production.
    10-10-14 11:17 AM
    One MILLION Passports!

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 304814
    NinjaB and Plazmic Flame like this.
    10-10-14 11:21 AM
    I was just at a Telus store here in brantford ontario i asked if any new new cases were out she replied no not yet, so i asked how sales were going..this is after walking around the mall and seeing no passports at any vendors on display or stock. She then replied very well, as she knew they were exclusive to Telus & blackberry for the first while. And sales were going very well and that blackberry reported to Telus that over 1 million passports were sold in the first week.
    If this has any truth to the story wow, by the time backorder's are filled.

Final sale numbers are ______._________

Posted via CB10
    I think if they sold 1 million already Chen would've announced it. That would be a massive number.
    Cynycl, jmaxim917, MikeX74 and 7 others like this.
    10-10-14 11:22 AM
    I think if they sold 1 million already Chen would've announced it. That would be a massive number.
    Chen is a conservative guy. There is no point in boasting. He most likely make it a big surprise during the next quarterly report. Remember the last time the ex-CEO mention they have sold a 1 million Z10s.
    10-10-14 11:28 AM
    What I kwow before the lauch BlackBerry had moved almost 200.000- 300.000 Passports. That's is what newspaper,internet site's are saying. The stock was bad, but sells are growing and in a few days there was more stock , UK also and then following South east asia. So thinking about that the stock must already moved there. SO let say that was 200.000 and Europe 200.000 that is easily 600-700k and what about Africa an South america could be 100-200k . So if the shipment are around 1M . I will believe it could be true
    Yasch22 and ThunderShock2005 like this.
    10-10-14 11:28 AM
    Only BlackBerry can post the exact numbers and as of yet I have not seen them publicly announce the exact sale numbers for the Passport yet.
    10-10-14 11:30 AM
    They had POs for 200,000 on release day. Would not be surprised if they had 1 million orders by now and would be confident enough to produce this amount. POs from re-sellers are not sales, POs from channel fillers are not sales

How many actually delivered , see other thread , still waiting for mine.

Is BB favouring certain sellers or is all going out first come, first served

interesting problem to have
    10-10-14 11:32 AM
    I think social media can reflect an estimated figure of how many Passports were sold. How many tweets about "just got my Passport" how many InstaGram pictures of Passport, how many unboxing videos on YouTube

Check out my photography channel
    jojo beaconsfield and Nayalm like this.
    10-10-14 11:38 AM
    I am actually amazed at the number of people who are generally not interested in BlackBerry ? to know about the passport and are fascinated by and actually consider getting it. Whether they do or not is another matter but the fact that they are actually considering buying it is A huge step for BlackBerry ? in my opinion. So I won't be too surprised if the numbers reaches 1 million!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 11:38 AM
    Could be around the first million by now. Fingers crossed!!

Check out my photography channel
    10-10-14 11:41 AM
    If mine is included in the 1 million sold, I sure wish Amazon would ship me the one I purchased on September 30th!!! I still have absolutely no idea as to when it will be shipped. This is insane!!!!! I want my Passport!!
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    10-10-14 11:41 AM
    Called the blackberry store today and the passport is still on preorder/out of stock.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 11:43 AM
    yeah cause BB just releases this info to random carrier employees....
    10-10-14 11:48 AM
    Delusional. It just seems like a big deal on this forum with all the backorders.

If this was a MAJOR story all other press outlets would be all over it.
    10-10-14 11:57 AM
    Well, I don't believe sale associate from Telus knows. The only company that have the right answer is BlackBerry itself. I'm sure they sold at least half million worldwide.
    RSS Van likes this.
    10-10-14 12:02 PM
    Delusional. It just seems like a big deal on this forum with all the backorders.

If this was a MAJOR story all other press outlets would be all over it.
    Well I don't think that 1 million sold would be that big of a story for anyone but BB unfortunately. I'm not saying its true but I sure hope it is.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Nayalm, anon(8908445) and bashroom like this.
    10-10-14 12:03 PM
134 123 ...