Hello,
    Thinking about switching to a Passport Silver from my LG Nexus 5 and have a couple of questions about email access.

I have multiple email accounts with outlook.com (MS Exchange server) and gmail. Are there any issues with using either of those email services with the Passport?

On my last Blackberry (Bold 9000) I used to have glitches with my gmail accounts in that deleting an email on my phone wouldn't always delete it from the gmail site itself. Does this still happen with the Passport?

Thanks in advance,
    Gary
    01-18-16 10:26 PM
    I a new account with startmail.com and I love it. its not free, but I think it will be around for a long time. I can have it dump into the hub, use it on BB7, have five different separate secure devices to dump it on, and of course use it on data or wifi.
    01-19-16 01:49 AM
    Not sure about Gmail, but I have multiple outlook.com accounts and shared calendars on my Passport and all works beautifully. My old Gmail account is forwarded to outlook.com so I don't really use that much.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 02:22 AM
    Gmail works 100% fine with BlackBerry 10 and the Passport. You'd be using IMAP protocol unless you are a paid Google apps user, in which case you can also opt for Exchange. Both Exchange and IMAP work great on BlackBerry 10.
    01-19-16 02:28 AM
    Got 2 Gmail, 1 hotmail and a outlook all working fine

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 04:23 AM
    For Gmail you only have to activate IMAP/POP3 sync in web-gmail settings, which isn't active for default. At least it wasn't for me.
    After that, it will work perfectly. Mails, contacts, calendars and so on
    Outlook just works out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 05:26 AM
    Me too gmail and outlook work both fine and sync aswell using imap!

,thought I put a question here:

I have an outlook.com email adress but only use the web calendary, no outlook app on my mac and I can sync the calendar with my Passport, but couldn't figure out how to sync it with my macs calendar app

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 05:34 AM
    Yes. Go to Account settings and add this account. It will ask you which contents you want to have synced. There you are able to just tick the box at "calender" while unticking mail, contacts and so on.

Alternatively you should be able to just add a calDAV account, when you select "more" in the account adding menu. From there you have to edit the correct serveradresses and ports and this stuff of your own.

Posted via CB10

Edit: oops, I guess I miss read your post, sorry for that.
    01-19-16 05:41 AM
    I'm not as tech savvy as some persons here but Gmail accounts work flawlessly for me I use 7 of them.

I also use a business one which uses outlook and is hosted by Rackspace.com if that makes sense and it's very easy 1 2 3 setup and that works flawlessly too

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2836
    01-19-16 06:47 AM
    An individual could have it all with a Office 365 active exchange account. Its only $5.00 a month. Better email protection, Office mobile apps for free, etc etc.
    01-19-16 08:10 AM
    Yes. Go to Account settings and add this account. It will ask you which contents you want to have synced. There you are able to just tick the box at "calender" while unticking mail, contacts and so on.

Alternatively you should be able to just add a calDAV account, when you select "more" in the account adding menu. From there you have to edit the correct serveradresses and ports and this stuff of your own.

Posted via CB10

Edit: oops, I guess I miss read your post, sorry for that.
    Thanks!
    Well I edited my post after I had founf out that I can flawlessly sync my outlook web calendar with my PP

But I had looked for already earlier to get the calDav serveradress but couldn't figure out how to get or create it for a sole outlook web calendar... hm

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 03:21 PM
    Thanks for all the feedback folks. Certainly sounds like I won't have any problems with my email if I make the switch.

Cheers,
    Gary
    01-19-16 08:31 PM