I have been using almost every BB10 device out there - always configured with my outlook.com email account.
    With the Passport - I noticed that my contacts are going crazy. If I make a change to contacts or add contacts in the webinterface, the contact list duplicates. I could remove contact sync and re-enable it - but it is very inconvenient.

Anyone having the same problem?

It never happened on my Z3 and the Q10 is working fine as well
    11-06-14 09:57 AM
    never experienced this on my Z10. What OS you on?
    11-09-14 11:45 PM
    Started doing that tonight

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Passport
    11-11-14 01:58 PM
    I found the issue is with the first name, last name. If two copies are not identical then it creates two. Bbm contact name needs to match email contacts.

Posted with my 6 week old superb Passport!
    11-11-14 02:00 PM
    This is the only thing I really dislike about BlackBerry 10>contact management.

I have outlook, Gmail and a work email (active sync). My contacts are saved to all 3 so you can imagine my headache.

I should be receiving my Passport today and I think i'll have to pick an email account to sync my contacts with.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 02:12 PM
    Did another Reset, seem to be history

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 10:37 AM
    I received my Passport from Rogers last night. I'm taking the long road. I already took the time to back up my contacts one by one in excel.

I then deleted all my contacts from all 3 email accounts. I setup my 3 email accounts but only let outlook sync my contacts and so far so good.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 11:57 AM
    I recently noticed this with my Passport. If I create a contact using my phone, then it gets duplicated (both linked to ...@outlook.com) But if i delete the duplicated contact and leave only one of them, the contact disappears form my outlook.com. If the is created using my outlook (which is connected to outlook.com via outlook connector) then it seems to be OK. This is really annoying....
    01-28-15 08:33 AM
    I recently noticed this with my Passport. If I create a contact using my phone, then it gets duplicated (both linked to ...@outlook.com) But if i delete the duplicated contact and leave only one of them, the contact disappears form my outlook.com. If the is created using my outlook (which is connected to outlook.com via outlook connector) then it seems to be OK. This is really annoying....
    Did me that with gmail contacts few days ago.
    Duplicate were created when I changed contact directly from gmail web interface.
    Duplicated some contacts, and I remove the duplicate it delete the entry on the account!

Annoying bug! Never encountered that before, and I use BB10 since start!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 08:49 AM
    Me too. I've had Z10, Q10 and now the Passport. Using Passport was also OK, only noticed this happening for about a week now.
    01-28-15 09:11 AM
    It surely related to changing contact informations...
    Easy way to test the recipe is to change something on contacts from outlook or gmail (maybe other mail providers too) and look if duplicated contact get generated.
    If so, try to delete one of the 2 duplicated entry, and see if it finally remove it completely instead of remove one of the 2.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 09:42 AM
    I've tried that. It deletes the contact on outlook.com either way leaving one on the device. Event though it shows linkage to ...@outlook.com, it is absent there...
    I am so angry, I feel I'm going to explode...
    01-28-15 10:28 AM
    After of a several hard resets, my contact list duplicated all the contacts. I deleted the @outlook.com account, made a few more hard resets, then logged the account back again. The contacts now seem fine. I am making a backup just in case.
    01-28-15 10:31 AM