Hello everyone,

I noticed in my search that some people have this issue because they didn't check off the sync sent folder within their device. I have inbox, drafts and sent folders all checked but I can't seem to get email that I send via outlook 2007 to populate my device.

There is no issues when I send an email from my passport. Outlook receives the sent copy instantly. I also don't have issues sending emails. Only problem is when I send an email from my desktop - I do not get a draft or sent copy to my device.

I am using IMAP and server addresses and ports are all provided by my domain host. I also entered INBOX (all caps) as the root path folder in both outlook and device.

Am I overlooking something that is very simple or is this one of the many outlook glitches? Please help. Thank you.
    07-15-15 05:39 PM
    The issue is more with IMAP than with Outlook or your Passport. Depending on how your provider sets up their IMAP implementation, you may actually have two sent folders. The Sent Mail folder will show mail sent just from that device, while the Sent-Mail folder should have anything sent from other devices.
    07-15-15 07:15 PM
    The issue is more with IMAP than with Outlook or your Passport. Depending on how your provider sets up their IMAP implementation, you may actually have two sent folders. The Sent Mail folder will show mail sent just from that device, while the Sent-Mail folder should have anything sent from other devices.
    interesting - i do have two sent folders in my outlook. The folders are labeled:

Sent In [email protected]
    &
    Sent Items

I get sent copies in the folder with my domain. This is for both desktop and device. I just can't get a copy of a sent item when the original email is generated from my desktop.

I'll reach out to provider. Thanks for your imput.
    07-15-15 08:53 PM
    i am now receiving sent items to my desktop but it is severely delayed - about 30 mins. any ideas on what may cause the delay?

i still do not get drafts on my device
    07-15-15 11:37 PM
    i am now receiving sent items to my desktop but it is severely delayed - about 30 mins. any ideas on what may cause the delay?

i still do not get drafts on my device
    I think that's the sync interval. Although incoming emails are "pushed", the rest of the folders only sync on set intervals.

That's the reason why I now use Blend as my primary desktop mail client. Blend as a mail client still lacks a few features but in my use case it is enough.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 11:47 PM
    By default, Outlook does a mail sync every 30 minutes. In Outlook, go into Options>Advanced>Send and receive and change the timing for the automatic send/receive, which also does your folder sync. I'd recommend only putting it down to about fifteen minutes or, if your mailbox is small, ten minutes. Any lower than that and you'll likely have problems of a neverending folder sync.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 05:30 AM
    I think that's the sync interval. Although incoming emails are "pushed", the rest of the folders only sync on set intervals.

That's the reason why I now use Blend as my primary desktop mail client. Blend as a mail client still lacks a few features but in my use case it is enough.

Posted via CB10
    hi, i lowered the sync interval on my BB all the way down. Still, the issue continues...
    07-16-15 11:06 AM
    By default, Outlook does a mail sync every 30 minutes. In Outlook, go into Options>Advanced>Send and receive and change the timing for the automatic send/receive, which also does your folder sync. I'd recommend only putting it down to about fifteen minutes or, if your mailbox is small, ten minutes. Any lower than that and you'll likely have problems of a neverending folder sync.

Posted via CB10
    i thought that was the issue at first so i made the adjustments. i even set it to 1 minute but the lag is still present.
    07-16-15 11:07 AM