Hello

i have a very critical issue detected:
    On every call, my calling partner tells me, that my voice will be throttled or volumed up.
    So the Passport is trying to find best outgoing voice volume but this is totally stressing my call partners.

I reloaded firmware.
    I did a security wipe.

Iam checking how aim hold my phone = i have it in my hands as every other phone. So i cannot go over the microphones.

Can some confirm this specific issue?
    Maybe hardware is faulty or maybe only a software problem?

Actually i need my phone for business, and at this point, no usable.

So before i make a return: Have some the same issue?

Alex
    09-29-14 04:55 AM
    Hi, I have the passport and I also use my phone for business. I'm on it all the time and can confirm that no one has complained or asked me to repeat myself. I think that you may just have a faulty phone. I know the phone is new so it's not a surprise that I haven't heard of this before.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 O2 UK
    hpjrt likes this.
    09-29-14 05:12 AM
    Hi

i have also no feedback to repeat myself!
    But i go the information that my voice is going up and down.

So first, for sounds this like a software problem.
    09-29-14 06:18 AM
    I have had my passport since Friday and I also use mine for business and I have asked my clients about the call quality because I changed phones and they tell me the voice quality is great, as the other poster stated, it could be you just have a faulty device.

Sent from my awesome passport on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    09-29-14 06:22 AM
    Don't upgrade to iOS 8!!

Posted via CB10
    breadfish and bgboi3 like this.
    09-29-14 06:42 AM
    This!!! *Rofl*

Don't upgrade to iOS 8!!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 07:32 AM
    Don't upgrade to iOS 8!!

Posted via CB10
    WTF
    09-29-14 07:45 AM
    Don't upgrade to iOS 8!!

Posted via CB10
    Lmfao!

09-29-14 08:11 AM
    How are you holding the phone? Are you holding it to your ear or using it some other way. I see a lot of iPhone users holding their phones in front of themselves and speaking into it like a speaker phone. If you are doing this, and don't have the speaker phone option selected, that may be the problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:12 AM
    Could also be a network issue?? Maybe your network is having problems. It sometimes happens to me on my z30, other callers don't hear me clearly and it's usually my network at fault.

But then it could be a faulty phone, I'd get it replaced if I was you and hopefully the replacement phone is better.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:28 AM
    Iam holding my phone normal and not in front of me.

With my q10 i never had such problems. So i think this must be faulty hardware.

I wrote BB today but did not get any feedback for a replacement.
    09-29-14 02:59 PM
    U need to take it back to where you bought it from. Did u buy it direct from BlackBerry or another shop/online shop??

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 03:37 PM
    I have this problem ( as described ) but with the bluetooth headset. I have two bluetooth headsets and the same happend randomly with both.
    01-29-15 10:17 AM
    I've had no issues with call quality either on Bluetooth or straight through the phone. I did, however, have to upgrade my Bluetooth earpiece because my old one didn't have the latest firmware but after upgrading there have been no issues.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    01-29-15 10:24 AM
    I am having the same issue. When I call someone or they call me they complain they cannot hear me. If I switch to speaker phone or plug in my BlackBerry earbud or use bluetooth the call quality is excellent. It does not seem to matter how I hold the phone they cannot hear me. I have noticed for a second after they answer I can hear the slight feedback you normally get but then it seems to adjust and they are unable to hear me. I am using the latest official software for my passport in Canada. I have also done a factory reset (wipe) and this has not resolved the problem. I have also been unable to find a number to call for BlackBerry support

Posted via CB10 on my awesome PASSPORT
    01-29-15 11:57 AM
    Hi, I have the passport and I also use my phone for business. I'm on it all the time and can confirm that no one has complained or asked me to repeat myself. I think that you may just have a faulty phone. I know the phone is new so it's not a surprise that I haven't heard of this before.

Same! I'm talking on this thing daily and ZERO call audio issues!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 12:05 PM