09-28-14 02:12 PM
93 1234
tools
    Just don't put it in your front pocket or it'll......oh, wait....wrong phone!!!....lol
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-26-14 01:52 PM
    Aaah nice, don't you just luurrv happy endings! Enjoy!
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-26-14 02:22 PM
    So the other thread is closed, probably due to the idiotic comments some made ruining it for the helpful posters...

Anyway, could not believe what happened. I get ready to go to Selfridges, boxes everything up minus the phone as needed to keep it out to show the fault (it hadn't been working despite my numerous attempts to keep trying all last night and morning!) and as I get in the car (sister was driving), I happened to try again - keys started working. All of them.
    I was like "What on Earth?!"

So the dilemma. I decided to leave it a few days and ride it out to see if it persisted or came back. We decided to go out to lunch instead of the Trafford Centre (we were only really going for my phone), so at this point I'd got into my phone and was catching up on texts I hadn't been able to read. Started replying to a friend who text earlier in the day - keys weren't working again. Then they came back, then went. So i said, just get me to Selfridges, it's going back.

I got myself to the Trafford Centre Selfridges and saw the same woman that sold me the phone - I told her of the defect and showed her and she asked if I tried the resets, I said I had and detailed what I'd done. She then proceeded to do it all in front of me (which annoyed me slightly as I'd already told her it didn't work), low and behold - no joy.

So she said they were having a delivery of more Passports later that day, but she said it'd be after 4pm (we were there at 12 noon) so I said we couldn't hang on that long unfortunately. I said the best bet would be a refund and I can try and buy online or return to the store another time.
    She was having none of it.
    "I'll post one to you"
    I advised as it was Friday I wouldn't get it til at least Monday, and didn't have a phone to keep me going. She said there was stock in the other Manchester Selfridges, but that would mean driving into town and parking, then finding it (never been) then explaining it all again. Plus, anyone that knows Manchester City Centre will know why I opted not to do the drive!

So. I decided just to settle on a refund. The BB lady just walked away and left me with the Selfridges lady to do it. I was a bit annoyed really as I was first in that store dead on 15:00 Wednesday to buy one, and she didn't even apologise for the defect. Being a BB representative, I'd have expected at least an "I'm so sorry your device is faulty, this really shouldn't have happened as it's brand new"... etc etc. Nothing.

Anyway, that's me without a Passport.

OR IS IT!

So then... I went into the CarPhoneWarehouse. Asked the guy if they sold the BB Passport to which he nodded, went out in the back and presented a brand new box. I was like, oh cool. So he said do you want to take one? I said, yeah lets do it.
    So I have ended up with a new Passport on Vodafone, which was free on a 24 month plan for 30.50 a month. However, I get 30% off my line rental through working for a bank so my line rental is about 21 a month. Best part? 21 x 24 months is 504 - even cheaper than the sim free version! And it gives me 600 minutes, 4g, unlimited messages and loads more.

So I bit his hand off!

Also, the lad who served me said the phone wouldn't go through the computer. He wasn't sure if it was for sale yet, but literally found a way! I wasn't sure if it was Selfridges exclusive til Monday, but I managed to get mine from them so maybe not.
    He asked if I wanted him to open it to set it up, but I said no (I like doing that ha) and he said "Ah, wanted to see one!" I just said 'sorry' ha. Felt a bit bad!

So yeah, here I am - home and ready to start again! Thank you to everyone for the kind messages of help whilst I was trying to sort it out in the other thread. Really appreciate it, and at least we know now that there could be some keyboard defects to look out for.
    Hopefully this thread can stay free of trolls! Not holding my breath ha.

Now if you don't mind...
    Wow lucky you coz carphone warehouse won't sell untill monday!

Btw did you get a case or any type of accessories for sale there?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 02:33 PM
    Great result!

I have reserved Blackberry Passport. I just won't pick it up until I find a case/pouch/holster to tide me over until the better quality ones come out.
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-26-14 02:43 PM
    A happy ending! Yay!
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-26-14 02:48 PM
    Wow lucky you coz carphone warehouse won't sell untill monday!

Btw did you get a case or any type of accessories for sale there?

Posted via CB10
    I did think that - especially when he couldn't scan it into the systems!!

No case - the bloke did say he'd try and shamelessly sell me one but they had none for him to try with!

I'm going nekked. I think the phone is big enough personally ha, and BB's are always sturdy, built to last and hardcore! So I worry not. I have kept the plastic on my screen and covering the back of the phone anyway, so until that starts folding off I'll be ok rocking that!

Thanks again for all the well wishes! You guys!
    09-26-14 02:56 PM
    Good to see it worked out! Kind of a shame they treated you so badly at the other store though, maybe she is a CB troll on her down-time.
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-26-14 03:05 PM
    Aneres11 - it sounds like you've had quite an adventure with your PassPort!
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-26-14 03:07 PM
    What exactly happened?

My keys were weird today, when I type words "like" and "awoke" and others with "_ke" they would change. "Like" would change to "likein" and "awoke" changed to "awokein" and a couple other places it would type random letters that I didn't type. It fixed itself after I did a Security Wipe, and I DID do a Switch Devices from my Z30.

So far it's fine.. I hope it stays this way..
    09-26-14 03:07 PM
    I'm with you brudda! Got my passport from CPW today myself. PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 sweeeeeeeeet!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-26-14 03:12 PM
    Awesome! Glad you got what you wanted.

Zoom Zoom Z30
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-26-14 03:13 PM
    Great news and enjoy your new passport

Sent from my awesome passport on T Mobile USA
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-26-14 03:20 PM
    I'm so pleased it's ended up working out so well (i.e. cheaper!) for you... though when I started reading your original post, I found myself wondering what was going to come next!!! You've certainly had a baptism of fire with the Passport!

Enjoy. I will be joining you in the Passport Owners' Club soon...

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.2.1
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-26-14 03:26 PM
    That's an awesome story! Bummer that this country is not carrying this anytime soon

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-26-14 03:26 PM
    Congrats Serena! Glad u got it sorted!

Posted via Commodore 64
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-26-14 03:27 PM
    I'm with you brudda! Got my passport from CPW today myself. PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 sweeeeeeeeet!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    Awesome! What are your thoughts?! I'm really starting to enjoy the device now the more I use it. Particularly loving Netflix more than anything. Such a smooth experience!

And ha to the guy calling me Serena! Good spot... but I'm a guy. Big Serena fan though!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 03:47 PM

No case - the bloke did say he'd try and shamelessly sell me one but they had none for him to try with!

I'm going nekked. I think the phone is big enough personally ha, and BB's are always sturdy, built to last and hardcore! So I worry not. I have kept the plastic on my screen and covering the back of the phone anyway, so until that starts folding off I'll be ok rocking that!

Thanks again for all the well wishes! You guys!
    Haha that's exactly what I'm doing. Lol the original covers are still on it. Need something in mean time.
    I'm just scared of scratching it.

Btw if you want a good deal on cases i found a website called clove technology.
    You can buy the sexy looking leather case and the hard shell for around 35 pounds. Bargain coz the shell alone is around 25.
    They looking to get stock next week so I'm going to get then both.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 03:51 PM
    Oh brilliant thanks for the heads up ill be sure to check them out when they're available or ill just wait til you get yours and you can tell us what it is like ha!

I'm still trying to get used to this keyboard. I'm finding myself faster than when I first got it but I keep missing the damn space bar!
    If only it were just a tiny bit longer!

Still, loving using it as a trackpad - such a brilliant invention!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:07 PM
    Yeah the space bar is bit small but takes time to get used it.
    I'm well fast on it now.

Yeah don't worry when i get mine, ill show some pics but it's so much cheaper compared to the blackberry's site!

Love the phone, can't get enough of it!
    Btw where you get netflix from? I can't find it.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:12 PM

It's a sturdy enough phone for going naked, I've dropped mine several times with no scratches at all. Even the biased Verge review says he dropped it several times and it's still like new.
    09-26-14 04:27 PM
    It's a sturdy enough phone for going naked, I've dropped mine several times with no scratches at all. Even the biased Verge review says he dropped it several times and it's still like new.
    I wish I had guts to do that... my pockets are always full of change, keys or pens... so I am very worried I will scratch it without a cover.
    09-26-14 04:44 PM
    Yeah the space bar is bit small but takes time to get used it.
    I'm well fast on it now.

Yeah don't worry when i get mine, ill show some pics but it's so much cheaper compared to the blackberry's site!

Love the phone, can't get enough of it!
    Btw where you get netflix from? I can't find it.

Posted via CB10
    Use amazon app world or sideload SNAP for the best selection of android apps

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:57 PM
    Use amazon app world or sideload SNAP for the best selection of android apps

Posted via CB10
    I can't find it on amazon app world?
    My amazon app world is really crap...it hardly has anything.
    It's even worse than the blackberry world one!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 05:08 PM
    Yeah I used Snap.
    Think it's absolutely brilliant tbf. Got loads of apps off it that work brilliantly - BBC iplayer, ITV player, BT sport app (only coz I have a subscription) Netflix etc. Here's the link I followed on how to do it...

How to install Android apps on your BB10 phone - CNET

And this:

Install Snap on BlackBerry 10 for unlimited Android app access - CNET
    09-26-14 05:13 PM
    Yeah I used Snap.
    Think it's absolutely brilliant tbf. Got loads of apps off it that work brilliantly - BBC iplayer, ITV player, BT sport app (only coz I have a subscription) Netflix etc. Here's the link I followed on how to do it...

How to install Android apps on your BB10 phone - CNET

And this:

Install Snap on BlackBerry 10 for unlimited Android app access - CNET
    Thanks will try it now!!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 05:24 PM
93 1234