Check out how great Netflix looks though...

The outcome to my broken Passport keypad...-imageuploadedbycb-forums1411770075.802719.jpg

And full screen...

The outcome to my broken Passport keypad...-imageuploadedbycb-forums1411770126.621239.jpg

Maaaan, it may not be touted as an entertainment device, but I'm definitely making the most out of it between this, Spotify, my iTunes music (which has synced flawlessly through BlackBerry Link), my UK catch up channel apps, BT Sport app, Instagram, FaceBook, Twitter, Vine, SoundCloud, and WhatsApp! I could go on too!

Delicious!
    09-26-14 05:24 PM
    Check out how great Netflix looks though...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1411770075.802719.jpg 
Views:	694 
Size:	705.7 KB 
ID:	300812

And full screen...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1411770126.621239.jpg 
Views:	694 
Size:	752.5 KB 
ID:	300814

Maaaan, it may not be touted as an entertainment device, but I'm definitely making the most out of it between this, Spotify, my iTunes music (which has synced flawlessly through BlackBerry Link), my UK catch up channel apps, BT Sport app, Instagram, FaceBook, Twitter, Vine, SoundCloud, and WhatsApp! I could go on too!

Delicious!
    Hahaha looks like you're having fun! Good on you!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 05:26 PM
    Ok will do it tomorrow need access to a comp and i cant be bothered right now.

Anyway to install snap with out use of a comp?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 05:28 PM
    Awesome! What are your thoughts?! I'm really starting to enjoy the device now the more I use it. Particularly loving Netflix more than anything. Such a smooth experience!

And ha to the guy calling me Serena! Good spot... but I'm a guy. Big Serena fan though!

Posted via CB10
    I've just started playing with it in depth after the usual backup and restore from my z10 but so far so good. I'm loving getting back to physical keys again. The build quality is excellent and 10.3 has hidden depths. Maps look gorgeous on this thing and PDF'S are stunning. I have yet to re install Snap so not many android apps right now. The only thing that feels awkward is laying in bed on my back and typing. The z10 was better for that.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 O2 UK
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-26-14 05:39 PM
    Ok will do it tomorrow need access to a comp and i cant be bothered right now.

Anyway to install snap with out use of a comp?

Posted via CB10
    Sadly no but hopefully someone clever will do it.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 05:44 PM
    Looks great! Glad everything worked out for you, was following your previous thread. I have a question about typing. I have a Q10 and my fingers "glide" on the keys while typing, especially while typing and looking elsewhere. Would this trigger the "track pad" effect on the Passport? I keep imagining typing and making the cursor move while sliding my fingers across the keys lol

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    09-26-14 05:46 PM
    Nope, no such problem. Basically, the Passport requires a double tap on the keypad (like double clicking a laptop track pad / mouse) and then the bubbled cursor appears. To delete words you need a pretty full swipe from right to left for it to register, I have to drag my thumb across for this to happen.

I'm the same as you when I had a Q10, but as the Passport is bigger and has a new button layout with the space bar etc, you need to look what you're doing. Especially for the first coupe of days anyway I'd imagine!

But yeah, a great typing experience as you'd expect from BB.
    Steelsheen and JRF_1986 like this.
    09-26-14 05:57 PM
    Bla1ze mentioned in his review that the device isn't as big as it looks in pics. Do those of you that currently have the device find that to be accurate? Probably the camera angles on the different pictures, but some make it look really wide, and others not so much. This will be my next device regardless, but curious to get your thoughts so far with the device in-hand.
    09-26-14 05:57 PM
    Thanks, Aneres! The Z30, red Q5 and a new Z10 have been on my "want to buy" list, guess the Passport will be taking their place!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    09-26-14 06:02 PM
    Honestly, the device looks smaller in pics than it does in person - to me. I'm still surmised at the size of it!

If I could have it slightly smaller, I would. But you'd need to see it for yourself - and hold it. My hands are really small for a guy, Deffo below average size for the average male. And I'm used to a 5c which is generally tiny these days for a smart phone.

It is all in the camera angles too I think, from some angles it looks big, others not so much.
    PapiPabs likes this.
    09-26-14 06:04 PM
    Honestly, the device looks smaller in pics than it does in person - to me. I'm still surmised at the size of it!

If I could have it slightly smaller, I would. But you'd need to see it for yourself - and hold it. My hands are really small for a guy, Deffo below average size for the average male. And I'm used to a 5c which is generally tiny these days for a smart phone.

It is all in the camera angles too I think, from some angles it looks big, others not so much.
    My hands tiny too yet i can hold it one hand...

Posted via CB10
    PapiPabs likes this.
    09-26-14 06:14 PM
    Yeah I can hold it one handed and I can scroll with it one handed too, but typing etc requires 2 definitely. Even for those with huuuuge hands I'm guessing!
    09-26-14 06:15 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just cut a piece of cardboard to around the dimensions posted in the review, and I don't think the size of the device will be an issue for me. In fact, it looks smaller than I thought it would be. Maybe my measuring skills are off, though. Hahaha...
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-26-14 06:18 PM
    Congratulations! I'm glad it worked out for you. I can't wait for AT&T to release it so I can get mine!
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-26-14 07:17 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I just cut a piece of cardboard to around the dimensions posted in the review, and I don't think the size of the device will be an issue for me. In fact, it looks smaller than I thought it would be. Maybe my measuring skills are off, though. Hahaha...
    The weird thing is because of the ability to read small fonts on the sharp screen, when you're using it, it feels large. When you slip it into a shirt or jacket pocket, it feels smaller. When you look at it in your hands it looks large, but you'll be surprised to know that the device is almost the same size as a british passport.

PapiPabs likes this.
    09-27-14 12:18 AM
    Thanks for sharing and have fun with your new phone.
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-27-14 12:23 AM
    The weird thing is because of the ability to read small fonts on the sharp screen, when you're using it, it feels large. When you slip it into a shirt or jacket pocket, it feels smaller. When you look at it in your hands it looks large, but you'll be surprised to know that the device is almost the same size as a british passport.

Seeing all of these pics and videos and reading firsthand accounts has made me realize two things:

1. My Z10 is feeling smaller by the minute.
    2. I'm really going to enjoy the Passport.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    jabroniw and Aneres11 like this.
    09-27-14 12:37 AM
    Seeing all of these pics and videos and reading firsthand accounts has made me realize two things:

1. My Z10 is feeling smaller by the minute.
    2. I'm really going to enjoy the Passport.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    You will not be disappointed. Some people have noted a lack of responsiveness on the screen and keyboard. This happened to me but I quickly realised it was due to the way I was holding it. For example, if part of your hand is touching the screen, you'll have difficulty tapping another on screen button. This is not unusual and is in keeping with other touch screens. I simply educated myself to make use of the handy steel band around the device. Similarly, swiping a word up with the left hand is not gonna happen if you've got your right thumb resting on the keyboard. It really is just a matter of familiarising yourself with the phone. Since this is the first phone with a capacitive keyboard, we're all newbies lol.

09-27-14 01:56 AM
    Very jealous right now But pleased for you. tempted to try the carphone warehouse by me.

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-27-14 02:02 AM
    Very jealous right now But pleased for you. tempted to try the carphone warehouse by me.

Posted via CB10
    The funny thing is, I phoned the number on the website as the store wasn't answering and they told me that my local two stores didn't have any stock. I thought "since when do phone store guys know anything?" and went down to investigate myself. When I arrived at the store, the guy said "sorry, we don't have any" to which I said "could you just check please". He tapped on the computer and said "apparently we've got three" the rest is history.

Aneres11 likes this.
    09-27-14 02:32 AM
    The funny thing is, I phoned the number on the website as the store wasn't answering and they told me that my local two stores didn't have any stock. I thought "since when do phone store guys know anything?" and went down to investigate myself. When I arrived at the store, the guy said "sorry, we don't have any" to which I said "could you just check please". He tapped on the computer and said "apparently we've got three" the rest is history.

Ooh I am in the same boat, just been calling them and no answer! Ironically for a phone shop its hard to get in touch with them. Been trying to throw my money at someone for the past 2 days and no ones having it lol. So hows the passport treating you?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 03:53 AM
    ...I've dropped mine several times with no scratches at all...
    Given it's such a new phone, I'm intrigued as to why you have dropped it so much. Is it therefore awkward to hold?

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.2.1
    09-27-14 03:56 AM
    Glad you got this sorted and I think the Selfridges exclusive is until Monday, so you got away with it :P
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-27-14 04:17 AM
    Sorry you had problems with your first Passport - hope the replacement works fine. In mass production a small number of products will always have defects - sod's law it was your first Passport that was defective.... I haven't seen any other Passport-defect posts so hopefully (for the rest of us) your problems were a 'one-off' as opposed to an inherent design flaw.

I hope to get into Selfridges (London) mid-week to have a play with a Passport - and as long as my hands are big enough to comfortably make one-handed phone calls then I'll be getting myself a new BlackBerry!

Thanks again for your posts - and I sympathise re: some of the really stupid trolls who ruin our social media (CrackBerry in this case) experiences.

Good luck with your new phone!
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-27-14 04:58 AM
    Great... Can't wait to get hands on one in Jamaica.
    Me too!!

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.2977
    09-27-14 06:57 AM
93 1234