I figured I would ask OtterBox if they are planning on coming out with a case. Looks like they don't have any plans as of yet.
    That's kind of disappointing. OtterBox is usually pretty good at having a case out whenever the phone launches. Which is under 2 months time as of right now.
    Hopefully they decide to come out with at least a Commuter!

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    08-16-14 10:14 AM
    Because the phone is so wide as it is , i would think a case like this would make it just a bit to uncomfortable.
    08-16-14 11:18 AM
    Surprising from Otterbox, but that would be the last case I would ever out on this phone.
    Probably why they are not going to make one...

Z30 user and lover.
    08-16-14 05:06 PM
    Yeah I guess it already is going to be a pretty big device... All though, the bigger they are, the harder they fall!

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    08-16-14 05:32 PM
    I just want a quality screen protector from Spigen SPG. But they are starting to be horrible in supplying screen protectors for Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 07:57 PM
    Two months? It's coming in September, which is technically in 15 days, so, closer to two weeks!

The Passport doesn't look right for any case. It's just the most bizarre shape. I'm going to get one, but that doesn't make it any less...distinctive looking, shall we say. I hope BlackBerry has some good OEM ones like they did for the Q10. The Z30 and Z10 cases from BlackBerry didn't offer much protection. I hoped they would release something like the hard-shell case for those models, but they never did.
    08-17-14 01:17 AM
    Two months? It's coming in September, which is technically in 15 days, so, closer to two weeks!

The Passport doesn't look right for any case. It's just the most bizarre shape. I'm going to get one, but that doesn't make it any less...distinctive looking, shall we say. I hope BlackBerry has some good OEM ones like they did for the Q10. The Z30 and Z10 cases from BlackBerry didn't offer much protection. I hoped they would release something like the hard-shell case for those models, but they never did.
    From the details that have been released it looks like they will be coming out with some nice accessories. Hopefully they stick to their guns and come out with it all. Not like Samsung who show off all the cool accessories at launch and then hide them away.

And I said two months because I know how BlackBerry operates. They aren't the best with dates. When they say September launch, they very well mean the last day of September. BlackBerry doesn't do anything in a hurry! That September date also appears to be a launch in the UK. No dates yet for the rest of us.
    So saying two months is to keep me from getting my hopes up!

08-17-14 08:45 AM

And I said two months because I know how BlackBerry operates. They aren't the best with dates. When they say September launch, they very well mean the last day of September. BlackBerry doesn't do anything in a hurry! That September date also appears to be a launch in the UK. No dates yet for the rest of us.
    So saying two months is to keep me from getting my hopes up!

This guy gets it! I'm in the USA on Verizon... I'm not getting my hopes up that I'll be able to get this phone until late January to late February.

Posted on my Z30
    austriker and vpblaze like this.
    08-19-14 11:14 AM
    Thats if we VZW users get it at all...
    08-19-14 12:28 PM
    I'm a case freak, I currently have a Commuter Case for my Q10, albeit I rarely use it but I still have one. I would love to rock my phone without a case but I hate when it gets scratched from minor drops.

All I'm hoping for is the Poetic Atmosphere case for the Passport.

Posted via Q10
    austriker and vpblaze like this.
    08-19-14 01:40 PM
    I'm also a case *****. I've got a Commuter, flip, thin plastic transparent case and trident aegis for my Z30. For my Q10 I've got a Commuter, trident aegis and thin cheap plastic case..

For the passport when I get it- I'd love another otterbox although my aegis Q10 blows the Q10 commuter away (Although it's the opposite for the z30)

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    08-19-14 06:09 PM
    I have 3 for my Z30 commuter, bumper, transform

Harry
    08-20-14 09:47 AM
    We will probably get it on vzw but it'll most likely only be available online... sometime next year...

Posted on my Z30
    08-20-14 11:43 AM
    It is not surprising that OtterBox didn't answer your question, as the development folks don't talk to customer service. I have had my PassPort for over a week now, and havenot seen a case worth a $hit yet, even the BB ones. BB is so far down everyone's priority list for accesories it almost doesnt exsist. For those of you on VZW I feel for you, I dumped them for AT&T after over 10 years when the Z10 came out, so far there are no rumors of a CDMA version of the Passport.
    10-04-14 09:48 PM
    Been a little while now and with the pretty strong reaction and units sold so far just wondering if anyone has gotten a different response from Otterbox yet? I agree that with such a wide and unusual device they may have to reinvent their case lineup to have them make sense so it might be cool to see what they come up with!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:12 PM
    Should ask if they can make a glass screen protector for it

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    6mistyrivers likes this.
    10-10-14 07:28 PM
    Have gotten the standard stellar customer service answer "dont call us we wont call you"
    6mistyrivers likes this.
    10-10-14 08:21 PM
    Have gotten the standard stellar customer service answer "dont call us we wont call you"
    Sounds like another company we are getting familiar with...DR.

I too want the Otter!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 11:30 PM
    Maybe DevilCase can make one of their aluminium bodied surrounds, and figure out a way to add in a clip for a holster. See Xperia Z1 Devilcase as an example.
    10-21-14 01:53 PM
    I bought this case from ebay, not a bad case for the time being, got good grip and seems strong, i dropped it twice and didnt even make a mark on the case, its a hybrid case of hard plastic and silicone, comes with a belt case, i paid around $15 Canadian for itOtterBox and the Passport-facebook-20141230-200922_edit_edit.pngOtterBox and the Passport-facebook-20141230-203435_edit_edit_edit.pngOtterBox and the Passport-facebook-20141230-203508_edit_edit.png
    01-08-15 01:31 PM
    I meant to post this a while back. I figured I would ask OtterBox again and see what they would say now about the Passport.
    This is better then a straight up NO.
    OtterBox and the Passport-img_20150108_215234.png

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 09:53 PM
    You are a clumsy boy

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze likes this.
    01-08-15 09:56 PM
    I'm not sure if the AT&T Passport is going to help us in this department. Hopefully they make one for us, but now they have to decide which one to make it for. I would assume, if they only make one, it'd be the square one that has gone international but who knows.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-08-15 10:19 PM
    I'm not sure if the AT&T Passport is going to help us in this department. Hopefully they make one for us, but now they have to decide which one to make it for. I would assume, if they only make one, it'd be the square one that has gone international but who knows.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    This was actually my second thought after seeing the AT&T exclusive. How are we going to get a good quality selection of cases now when companies are going to have to design and produce even more now! My first thought being WTF is that and why!

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 10:27 PM
    Yes. I have a Blackberry Passport. I wish I could afford to get a duplicate backup.

Can't believe they're not making them anymore-best smartphone /mobile pc ever ever.
    Yes I need an Ottorbox for my Passport too.
    12-30-16 02:58 AM
26 12