I believe I read somewhere part of the reason BlackBerry is dumping flash is they don't want to pay Adobe for the license fee????

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 08:03 PM
    just waitting
    01-25-15 08:39 PM
    Not looking forward to losing flash it's like one of the only reasons I use BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    they went as far as to provide an old Legacy form factor with the BB10 OS i don't see why they wouldn't go back to supporting flash (pending the amount of complaints they'll receive)
    01-25-15 10:45 PM
    Oh man I sure hope its released on the 27th!
    01-25-15 10:58 PM
    Flash is working in 10.3.1.xxxx, you just have to enable it in camera app
    01-26-15 07:12 AM
    Do you think it is possible that Blackberry would be late with a release? I don't believe it.
    nobbynobrains and Maxxie24 like this.
    01-26-15 07:16 AM
    Have you tried them?
    Performance is subpar

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    The Android Dolphin browser does Flash and is actually a decent mobile browser.
    01-26-15 08:13 AM
    I believe I read somewhere part of the reason BlackBerry is dumping flash is they don't want to pay Adobe for the license fee????
    Posted via CB10
    No. It's because Adobe has stopped all development on mobile flash.
    01-26-15 10:31 AM
    No. It's because Adobe has stopped all development on mobile flash.
    actually both.
    development stopped AND BBRY has to pay
    Ursus Rufus and leticeberry like this.
    01-26-15 10:36 AM
    Come onnnn, tomorrow~!

*Blow on the dice*
    01-26-15 12:08 PM
    Ironic about flash:

01-26-15 12:15 PM
    If you want to place blame, blame Steve Jobs and Apple for winning the fight against Adobe Flash, for better or worse. Adobe more or less admitted defeat as far as Flash for mobile devices go. BlackBerry simply did what they had to do. Unfortunately, things are moving very slowly from Flash to HTML 5 videos at the scale of the Internet.
    Ursus Rufus and extisis like this.
    01-26-15 12:45 PM
    If you want to place blame, blame Steve Jobs and Apple for winning the fight against Adobe Flash, for better or worse. Adobe more or less admitted defeat as far as Flash for mobile devices go. BlackBerry simply did what they had to do. Unfortunately, things are moving very slowly from Flash to HTML 5 videos at the scale of the Internet.
    Steve Jobs deserves credit for a number of things, including turning Apple around, but killing Flash isn't one of them. Flash has been doomed for a long time. It's a proprietary plug-in that has historically been riddled with security vulnerabilities.

Even though Adobe has quit developing Flash on certain platforms (GNU/Linux, for example) they still have to offer security updates on a frequent basis, because serious new issues keep getting discovered.

It's not just Flash that's dying or dead. Other proprietary plugins are also going away. Microsoft seems to be giving up on Silverlight, for example.
    01-26-15 01:18 PM
    Steve Jobs deserves credit for a number of things, including turning Apple around, but killing Flash isn't one of them. Flash has been doomed for a long time. It's a proprietary plug-in that has historically been riddled with security vulnerabilities.

Even though Adobe has quit developing Flash on certain platforms (GNU/Linux, for example) they still have to offer security updates on a frequent basis, because serious new issues keep getting discovered.

It's not just Flash that's dying or dead. Other proprietary plugins are also going away. Microsoft seems to be giving up on Silverlight, for example.
    I think Flash has been doomed since the day HTML5 appears. It is just a matter of time now for people to adapt to it until it's gone completely. BB getting rid of Flash is very good considering they are aiming to provide security for those who's in need.

Btw, back on the topic. Tmr is the rumored day. I'm so excited (probably) (not).
    01-26-15 01:47 PM
    ... it's gonna get louder than a snake loose in a fashion show around here....
    In the US, the snake = Bill Cosby Sorry, I couldn't resist. Yes, I know, I know ... innocent until proven guilty ... by the hundred or so women who have come forward.
    01-26-15 01:48 PM

Adobe Flash port for GNU/Linux had been half-hearted forever despite the constant complaints. I wish GNU/Linux folks had the clout Steve Jobs/Apple had in forcing other companies to adopt certain wishes. Steve Jobs did kill Adobe Flash by making a big issue out of it and when it was Steve Jobs who complained, regular non-technical people tuned in. As opposed to Richard Stallman, for example, as much as I have a lot of respect for the man and what he has done for computing. Microsoft saw the writing on the wall for Silverlight as Silverlight was created for the sole purpose of competing against Flash and hopefully took over.
    01-26-15 01:50 PM
    I thought Blackberry was supposed to be the "secure platform," and yet here you all are lamenting the loss of one of the biggest attack vectors on the internet. Mobile Flash support from Adobe ended over 3 years ago.
    01-26-15 02:47 PM
    Personally I couldn't give a flying fig about the loss of flash, sad for the pork addicts I suppose lol.

Looking forward to getting the new os soon, hope it is tomo.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 03:04 PM
    Adobe flash, streaming web.

]|I{�------� ѕєηт �яσм му  ραѕѕρσят. �------�}I|[
    01-26-15 03:15 PM
    maybe tomorrow??
    01-26-15 03:21 PM
    Hey guys let's go to a pub, drink some beers and then go to sleep.. anything more is going to happen...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-26-15 03:25 PM
    Hahaha! Never used it anyway, result is horrible. Lol

₱asaporte₱ilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-26-15 03:25 PM
    In 3 hours........
    01-26-15 03:28 PM
    OK. That was funny.. lol.
    01-26-15 04:10 PM
    Adobe Flash port for GNU/Linux had been half-hearted forever despite the constant complaints. I wish GNU/Linux folks had the clout Steve Jobs/Apple had in forcing other companies to adopt certain wishes. Steve Jobs did kill Adobe Flash by making a big issue out of it and when it was Steve Jobs who complained, regular non-technical people tuned in. As opposed to Richard Stallman, for example, as much as I have a lot of respect for the man and what he has done for computing. Microsoft saw the writing on the wall for Silverlight as Silverlight was created for the sole purpose of competing against Flash and hopefully took over.
    Once again, Steve Jobs did not kill Adobe Flash. In fact, while Steve Jobs is now dead, Flash is very much still alive and continues to be used and developed. Yes, it's on the decline, but its undoing was its own design. It's a proprietary plugin made by one company. It was destined to be replaced with technologies that better integrate with the modern Web.
    02-03-15 06:38 PM
52 123