Performed a wipe, and reloaded the OS....and then some silly flickering and green bar popping up when I open the camera... and then the contact BS.... will the AT&T passport be better if I switched to that instead?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 03:55 PM
    Performed a wipe, and reloaded the OS....and then some silly flickering and green bar popping up when I open the camera... and then the contact BS.... will the AT&T passport be better if I switched to that instead?

Posted via CB10
    No. Do this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1000914

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-09-15 04:15 PM
    ...You forgot the ugliest of all (for me, considering my phone is dead since the update 2 weeks ago) :
    KB36766 : BlackBerry 10 smartphone Screen appears blank or black and will not power on after software update

EDIT : don't bother telling me to fully wipe the phone, I did it, downgraded to 10.2, upgraded to latest leak ... IT-STILL-DOESN'T-WORK !
    This is a real issue some of us had, it IS related to the firmware update and it is not fixed. yet.

Search for username ExplicitPromo...his fix is on the site in the Z30 Forum

IIRC , basically he says to do a "hard Reboot" ie; hold both volume buttons down for 30 sec. do this as many times as you need to ...he has done 3 Z30's to date and apparently it has taken up to 50 hard resets to get the screen back.

As far as OS issues go, there is not one update for ANY mobile device that has ever been 100% perfect....Having done some BASIC programming many years ago, I, along with many others can attest to the ease with which a tiny mistake in one line of code can have on the overall result and the difficulty in finding said mistake can take hours, days or weeks depending on the complexity of said program.

This OS as with any other OS from anywhere is not invulnerable to a tiny mistake.

Give it some time guys...it cant be ALL bad as there are likely more devices that are working perfectly fine as there are those that are not. And that kind leads me to wonder about Delivery method and the state of the target device at the time of the upgrade.

Stk
    Last edited by steakman911; 03-09-15 at 05:35 PM.
    03-09-15 05:14 PM
    You guys should be shaking your fist because the only recommendation is to "wipe and install". It's 2015 and we still have to do this. Either way, if that's the only solution we have, it's not like it's a big deal. I think BB purposely makes everything in sync with your emails (so that your contacts and what not backup) so that they can have some kind of breathing space when stuff like this occurs. That being said, it's not very much of an excuse if they're aiming to take on the enterprise market.
    03-09-15 06:33 PM
    Mine has no problems

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 06:37 PM
    �\_(ツ)_/�
    Wait a minute... Your not part of the Beta Group????

At any rate, basing on the forums, there is indeed a lot of fanboyism among on the beta forum. And people seem to brush off those with issues as the minority.

I remember when I was still on 10.3.0 and was gripping about the slow focus speed in one of the other forums. I drew a lot of flak for a valid issue. At that time the leaked 10.3.1.2243 was already out and someone suggested loading it since it fixes the camera issue and that it was already a near flawless OS and might be the one released. I was tempted, and that was the time I looked at the leak forums and saw the issues(flickering, low notification volume, WIFI dropping) where documented and those that do report the issues sometimes drew flak. Someone even posted "You have to realize that this is a leaked O.S. If you don't want issues go back to the official release."

In another official OS flickering thread, those that had issues were also forced to load the leak otherwise they should just shut-up. Or worse, they were told to just ditch the Passport and go buy an IOS. This kind of fanboyism will not help BlackBerry or the BlackBerry community.

Posted via CB10
    bennyph likes this.
    03-09-15 07:28 PM
    Both of my Q10 and Passport have wi-fi issues.
    And it's all about 10.3 firmware. I had to downgrade my Q10 back to 10.2 and wi-fi works perfectly again. Still waiting for hotfix.
    03-09-15 07:41 PM
    Only problem I have is with rotation lock otherwise upgrade was great and Blend works seamlessly on my computer and tablet. I must state that I bought my phone, an Z30, unlocked blackberry from GSM nation and have never used a leaked OS. I aways wonder if these problems could be due to updating from a leak because i have had 6 blackberry phones over the years and never had a big problem with updates, however i have never used a leak and buy my phones unlocked.
    03-09-15 08:16 PM
    Wait a minute... Your not part of the Beta Group????

At any rate, basing on the forums, there is indeed a lot of fanboyism among on the beta forum. And people seem to brush off those with issues as the minority.

I remember when I was still on 10.3.0 and was gripping about the slow focus speed in one of the other forums. I drew a lot of flak for a valid issue. At that time the leaked 10.3.1.2243 was already out and someone suggested loading it since it fixes the camera issue and that it was already a near flawless OS and might be the one released. I was tempted, and that was the time I looked at the leak forums and saw the issues(flickering, low notification volume, WIFI dropping) where documented and those that do report the issues sometimes drew flak. Someone even posted "You have to realize that this is a leaked O.S. If you don't want issues go back to the official release."

In another official OS flickering thread, those that had issues were also forced to load the leak otherwise they should just shut-up. Or worse, they were told to just ditch the Passport and go buy an IOS. This kind of fanboyism will not help BlackBerry or the BlackBerry community.

Posted via CB10
    bingo, beta group was just as bad as crackberry for fanboys
    03-09-15 11:00 PM
    Good leaders will listen to the concerns of their subordinates

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 10:51 AM
    Why are titles like this allowed? A massive, broad, sweeping statement of fact, that only states and opinion and does not represent the majority in any way I'd imagine. It's like a website clickbaiting people.

Also, if you have issues with a big software update having some bugs still...... may I welcome you to the world of electronics. I can't think of any phone update ever that hasn't had some bugs still.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:36 PM
    A few problems for a couple days. But now the phone has seemed to work it's self out.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 11:24 PM
    A recommendation to wipe takes us back to BBOS days, lol
    03-10-15 11:48 PM
    A recommendation to wipe takes us back to BBOS days, lol
    With BBOS phones, the normal solution was battery pull.

With BB10 phones, it's wipe and install.

Brilliant!!

Posted from an ME173X
    03-11-15 02:18 AM
    With BBOS phones, the normal solution was battery pull.

With BB10 phones, it's wipe and install.

Brilliant!!

Posted from an ME173X
    Hahaha soo true

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 08:22 AM
    After searching the forum, it seems you and me are the only one encountering this bug where the letters are double typing by itself on the Passport. Anyone else is having double letters problem after install OS 10.3.1.2480 or higher?

Update work fine after a few weeks and a feww apps update. Now camera app has the green flicker. Phone often hang, muust wait a few minute in order to work again. I am wonderring what just happen recently. Btw sorry about some of double type letter. It's my passport not me.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 01:06 PM
    I really wonder sometimes....I am using BBs for almost 15 years now and I never ever had an upgrade issue.

10.3.1. is prime time ready. There is always room to improve (thus you have upgrades) but it is definitely prime time.

Sometimes people need to look at their usage of devices. Regardless of what it is (PC, tablet, cell phone). Users seem to think that they can load those devices up with programs and/or apps and disregarding of what is loaded automatically in RAM. There is a time every device starts to puke and it usually happens when you upgrade the OS.
    scorepion likes this.
    03-15-15 06:58 PM
    After searching the forum, it seems you and me are the only one encountering this bug where the letters are double typing by itself on the Passport. Anyone else is having double letters problem after install OS 10.3.1.2480 or higher?
    I'm also getting some double typing, very occasionally. Only since the update. It's the only update related issue I have. No screen flicker, no green bars. I updated via Link, with a usb connection to my computer.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    03-16-15 07:56 AM
    Dear Blackberry,

When will you release an OS to fix these compounding issues on my passport? I really love this device and the OS, but this latest OS is crippling my device. As of today, I have had to restart my device 8 times, and performed reset 5 times while the device keeps overheating without heavy usage. Flickering issues on homescreen, apps, and the numerous bugs are disheartening. I cannot return the device for a replacement since I got the phone on Amazon 4 months ago. Before the update, it worked perfectly. After the update, things are going downhill. I hope this get fixed soon.

Your diehard BlackBerry user

Posted via CB10
    You've lost a bit of credibility by comparing 10.3.1 to the Playbook. Maybe if you compared 10.0, I would agree. Remember, the Playbook shipped without a native email app. And it's a BlackBerry device...with no native email client!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 05:42 PM
    You've lost a bit of credibility by comparing 10.3.1 to the Playbook. Maybe if you compared 10.0, I would agree. Remember, the Playbook shipped without a native email app. And it's a BlackBerry device...with no native email client!

Posted via CB10
    Nothing will ever be such a massive own-goal as that... amazing.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 05:51 AM
    Do a full wipe. I did the OTA update and it was screwy. Did a full wipe and it's been great ever since.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 06:30 AM
96 ... 234