blackberry is fully aware after many complaints

https://n4bb.com/blackberry-pulls-os...older-devices/
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/03/06/bl...ampaign=buffer

all of people in the beta zone/group and crackberry said no bugs no bugs and got on top of anyone who said there was. Real world proof people...

All survey results were a complete joke..
    03-08-15 06:32 PM
    Do a hard reboot ie hold both up n down volume buttons till BlackBerry logo shows then let go.

Unless you have already done this then maybe a wipe and reload of the OS may be in order.

Posted via CB10
    No matter how many SecWipes and OS reload are performed it will never fix the issues that came with the update. Sooner or later the issues will creep up.

Just install 10.3.1.2480 and all the problems are sorted!

 PassportSQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2480
    03-08-15 06:42 PM
    Feel better now?

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    Yeah ,am as happy as a cat with a cream flavoured arse, thanks for your concern..

Passport to heaven..
    03-08-15 07:27 PM
    My Zed10 for your PassPort? PM me...
    Haha Swoping a passport for a Z10 is like going to bed with halle berry and waking up with chuck berry..

Passport to heaven..
    Toodeurep and steakman911 like this.
    03-09-15 03:18 AM
    You forgot the ugliest of all (for me, considering my phone is dead since the update 2 weeks ago) :
    KB36766 : BlackBerry 10 smartphone Screen appears blank or black and will not power on after software update

EDIT : don't bother telling me to fully wipe the phone, I did it, downgraded to 10.2, upgraded to latest leak ... IT-STILL-DOESN'T-WORK !
    This is a real issue some of us had, it IS related to the firmware update and it is not fixed. yet.
    03-09-15 04:32 AM
    Haha Swoping a passport for a Z10 is like going to bed with halle berry and waking up with chuck berry..

Passport to heaven..
    mmmmmmm...Halle Berry
    03-09-15 05:19 AM
    mmmmmmm...Halle Berry
    I know,I would drink her bathwater...

Passport to heaven..
    03-09-15 06:28 AM
    it ruined all of the bb10 devices in my house.
    My Z10: lags as hell
    My z30 : lags as hell even after lots of autoloaders and whipes. Cause it's just not possible to use the Phone with pleasure anymore i tried every os from the leak section.
    My dad his z10 : Lags + needs a reboot every day. His system usage suddently goes up to 55% and burns trough battery in 5 hours without usage. Reboot fixes it. (yes whipes has been done). I used a old 10.3.1 leak for that problem and it was fixed , buth the Phone no longer runs smooth.
    Please BlackBerry , fix it as soon as possible or i'll have to revert to 10.2.1
    03-09-15 07:38 AM
    Pretty sure that most of the Quality Control teams were among the casualties....

Chen should embrace the FANS, and use them for testing before releasing an update to the public. This hurts BlackBerry in the eyes of corporate users and the carriers!
    03-09-15 08:27 AM
    Pretty sure that most of the Quality Control teams were among the casualties....

Chen should embrace the FANS, and use them for testing before releasing an update to the public. This hurts BlackBerry in the eyes of corporate users and the carriers!
    Everyone on this forum and beta zone group said the OS was bugless....

They need people who can step you of their fanboy bubble and actually report issues .

Crackberry is a mess for reporting issues. If you say you have any issue, there are 20 comments after it saying my phone is fine or saying that's not true. How is that productive?

They need a beta group v2 and it just needs members who can drop their fanboyness and try to critic every little thing.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 08:43 AM
    Everyone on this forum and beta zone group said the OS was bugless....
    That's BS.

Members in the Beta Zone made BlackBerry aware of the issues and it still went out. It has been an ongoing issue with Beta Zone. It has been said time and time again that was the case by many of the Beta Zone members. Same with the BBM for iOS update that was buggered... many reported it.. reports were ignored.

I agree there is no doubt some level of fanboyism in the Beta Zone ranks.. however, there still seems to be a good portion who ARE reporting issues and they're being ignored or not being relayed to those who make the decisions. That's where part of where the frustration comes from. The fact issues were being widely reported and they fact they were ignored or not relayed.

It would seem as though the Beta Zone needs a revamp in both ways if they're going to use it. Folks doing the testing need to be looked at and the folks whose job it is to dig out the issues reported need to be looked at. Unless of course they don't really care and the Beta Zone is there simply to make people 'feel good' in which case, they should kill it entirely as there's no point.
    03-09-15 09:36 AM
    That's BS.

Members in the Beta Zone made BlackBerry aware of the issues and it still went out. It has been an ongoing issue with Beta Zone. It has been said time and time again that was the case by many of the Beta Zone members. Same with the BBM for iOS update that was buggered... many reported it.. reports were ignored.

I agree there is no doubt some level of fanboyism in the Beta Zone ranks.. however, there still seems to be a good portion who ARE reporting issues and they're being ignored or not being relayed to those who make the decisions. That's where part of where the frustration comes from. The fact issues were being widely reported and they fact they were ignored or not relayed.
    yes b1alze but did you see all the survey results?

But yea i see what you mean
    03-09-15 09:45 AM
    yes b1alze but did you see all the survey results?

But yea i see what you mean
    Of course not.. but when issues are even noted in the Beta Zone forums (with no responses except others agreeing) , one has to wonder.....
    03-09-15 09:49 AM
    No matter how many SecWipes and OS reload are performed it will never fix the issues that came with the update. Sooner or later the issues will creep up.

Just install 10.3.1.2480 and all the problems are sorted!

 PassportSQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2480
    I had the issue of the light sensor not working when I first got my Passport, did a hard reboot and that issue has never EVER cropped up again even with the new 10.3.1 OS update that I installed a week or so ago.

As for the other issues?? I haven't seen any other issues on my Passport that others are having :shrug:

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 10:31 AM
    Of course not.. but when issues are even noted in the Beta Zone forums (with no responses except others agreeing) , one has to wonder.....
    i don't get how someone like you wasn't in the beta group. Very failed attempt by blackberry
    03-09-15 10:32 AM
    They even "did not know about the flickering".
    That says enough i think.
    CB forums where flooded with those complaints...
    Strange....i wonder...

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 10:41 AM
    i don't get how someone like you wasn't in the beta group. Very failed attempt by blackberry
    �\_(ツ)_/�

03-09-15 11:56 AM
    Load 2480 and all will be well

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 12:10 PM
    Load 2480 and all will be well

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. But not everyone owns a Passport
    I tried the bars but it did not help

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 12:20 PM
    I don't think they have enough staff to actually do Quality control effectively. They can use NDA enforced beta's to get the quality control they need and want easily right here...
    03-09-15 12:43 PM
    Unfortunately Blackberry made the same mistake they did with the original relase of BB 10 OS. They should of waited to release until the 10.3.1 was fully polished. After the negative feed back they are getting, I'm sure it will never happen again. They cannot afford this kind of bad publicity. better to delay, than put out a half baked OS. I'M sure they will sort it out , but hopefully they learned thier lesson. They truly have the best OS for sure. They just need to avoid major bugs and screw ups like happened with the lates release.
    The original release of BB 10 OS was do or die moment for BlackBerry. 10.3.1 felt like another do or die moment. If BlackBerry were a college student, the student will always be in the situation where he or she will study only 3 days before that big final exam while doing 'other things' prior. After spending all nighters crunch time study, the student gets barely passing grade as a result.
    03-09-15 12:59 PM
    There need to be restructuring, because if BlackBerry will not listen to avid users and heavy users who report issues of the OS at any level (Beta or Leak or Crackberry users), then they are setting themselves for disaster. And if diversifying your company to be more software base than hardware is what BlackBerry is heading towards, then they need to GET IT RIGHT at the software level . And remember, BlackBerry , you are not selling your devices and OS to your employees alone....there are a huge number of blackberry users out there.....this may be a test, maybe next time they (users and customers) will not complain. They will just abandon the ship and move to other platforms

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 01:10 PM
    As an aside, I noticed recently that the often-reported Contacts App bug actually made it onto an article for the Guardian a week or so ago.

That's one that has been reported SINCE BB10 WAS RELEASED, and to this day still hasn't been improved/fixed to any level of acceptability.

BlackBerry don't test sufficiently pre-release and do not listen enough to their userbase where things are being reported. There are lessons to be learned and I continue to hope that at some point it'll hit home and something will be done.

'Fanboyism' is nothing but counter-productive to anyone who cares about the platform and wants to see it succeed.

Edit: here's the article. See the bit about Tanni Grey-Thompson:

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...berry-business

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Deckard79; 03-09-15 at 01:52 PM.
    ZEDTROSPEKTIV likes this.
    03-09-15 01:37 PM
    Well, I must agree with author of this post. Last official OTA update was unacceptable. Full wipe of device which is already full of stuff is not a solution. Not every Passport user is a geek. I dont like to take care about my devices issues. It has to work.

PIN: 2BEC9B73
    AshMcAuliffe likes this.
    03-09-15 02:16 PM
    Well, I must agree with author of this post. Last official OTA update was unacceptable. Full wipe of device which is already full of stuff is not a solution. Not every Passport user is a geek. I dont like to take care about my devices issues. It has to work.

PIN: 2BEC9B73
    I agree with you. Mine does.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-09-15 03:02 PM
96 1234