Unfortunately Blackberry made the same mistake they did with the original relase of BB 10 OS. They should of waited to release until the 10.3.1 was fully polished. After the negative feed back they are getting, I'm sure it will never happen again. They cannot afford this kind of bad publicity. better to delay, than put out a half baked OS. I'M sure they will sort it out , but hopefully they learned thier lesson. They truly have the best OS for sure. They just need to avoid major bugs and screw ups like happened with the lates release.
    03-08-15 09:35 AM
    I had the 10.3 flickering issue on the call screen right out of the box. I wiped and reloaded the device and have had no issues since then. I'm not sure its a software issue as, in my case, the exact same software reloaded fixed the issue. I suppose a loading error or corrupted files might account for it, but not a coding bug that can be fixed. Loader issue ?

In any case, I understand the frustration but a little investigation and some old fashion elbow grease usually solves these things......
    03-08-15 09:48 AM
    The fix that Bla1ze posted didn't work for me and I'm still experiencing lots of problems. When you say to do a complete wipe do you mean to return to factory settings? I wish I had not updated as my phone was working perfectly on the previous OS. My Internet does not work on it on the go now as there seems to be lots of signal issues. My 4G connection doesn't work anymore since the update. The browser just doesn't work anymore when not on wi-fi. Screen flickers still. Virtual keyboard pops up of its own accord. I'm so angry. I'm losing my patience with my Passport as I have had so many problems. Giving the Q10 its due now as I never had a problem with it at all. This phone and this update might just be the thing that pushes me over the edge and away from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:59 AM
    The fix that Bla1ze posted didn't work for me and I'm still experiencing lots of problems. When you say to do a complete wipe do you mean to return to factory settings? I wish I had not updated as my phone was working perfectly on the previous OS. My Internet does not work on it on the go now as there seems to be lots of signal issues. My 4G connection doesn't work anymore since the update. The browser just doesn't work anymore when not on wi-fi. Screen flickers still. Virtual keyboard pops up of its own accord. I'm so angry. I'm losing my patience with my Passport as I have had so many problems. Giving the Q10 its due now as I never had a problem with it at all. This phone and this update might just be the thing that pushes me over the edge and away from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Take a breath. What OS did you have before trying the fix that Bla1ze posted? I went from 2272 and have no issues.

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-08-15 10:22 AM
    I admit I emit a huge mental sigh each time I read thread titles like this.

I'm sorry if I seem skeptical but since I have had a wonderful PP experience since launch date and even after the 10.3.1 update, mine works very well.

Either I am the luckiest of PP owners or some threads are started just to flood the forums with negative statements.

Just sayin'.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    If that's the case, I guess BlackBerry has been flooding their own Knowledge Base with negative statements too.

KB36744-After updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1, screen rotation is not working
    KB36755-After upgrading BlackBerry 10 OS to version 10.3.1 the volume for notifications is noticed to be significantly lower than in the previous version
    KB36756-Unable to boot past 98% or 99% after upgrading to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1
    KB36751-Mobile Network radio provides only SOS coverage and battery will not charge after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1
    KB36757-The BlackBerry 10 Smartphone screen flickers

10.3.1 has been a trainwreck, and I hope BlackBerry has a hotfix right around the corner.
    lift, nixysug and jcbrunson like this.
    03-08-15 10:24 AM
    This not the same thing as the playbook disaster. They did screw up, but it will get fixed, where as the Playbook it was not possible to fix. There are bugs to be fixed ,and they will put out updates to fix the bugs, just like all other phone manufacturers do. but it is not a harware problem which cannot be fixed. Lets not go overboard with the dire predictions.
    03-08-15 10:25 AM
    It's been 2 weeks since I upgraded to 10.3.1 and aside from the first time I opened the camera app and the screen was flickering green, after closing and reopening the app, that has never happened again and also I've never had flickering in any other app. It's definitely very hit and miss on who has flickering or not.

I would definitely not say this OS is "half baked". Half baked implies it was not done. Like how the Playbook was released with NO EMAIL CLIENT! ??

This is more of a buggy release, which is just as bad, but lets not compare that to the Playbook.
    03-08-15 10:33 AM
    Oh CrackBerry - you really should have a poll that identifies the most melodramatic titles in any week.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be limited to our community ...

http://versus.com/en/2014/11/25/why-...-is-a-disaster

http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/news/...s_with_update/
    http://www.eweek.com/mobile/slidesho...-disaster.html
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6590286
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/iOS-8...e-473242.shtml
    http://www.businessinsider.com/micro...he-word-2014-2

I guess melodrama is everywhere.

Sigh. Sorry the OP is having issues though.
    03-08-15 10:35 AM
    Take a breath. What OS did you have before trying the fix that Bla1ze posted? I went from 2272 and have no issues.

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    I'm exasperated. I just haven't had as much trouble with a phone before. I was on 2272 too I think and I'm now on 10.3.0.1715.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 10:40 AM
    I agree with @andrew4life...this OS did have a few bugs, but is feature rich IMO. I did not personally experience a lot of bugs, but there are some that have. I have been reading a number of posts of people applying 10.3.1.2480...and it seems a good number of them forget the original statement that it be applied over 10.3.1.2243 or 2267. Many applied it over earlier versions or applied it on non passport devices. Now maybe that was not an issue, but many have complaints when things went wrong after not reading Blaze's statements.

Anyway, the Passport for me (both the original and AT&T versions) have been solid. The only half baked thing I see is the availability of accessories when each version was launched.
    03-08-15 10:42 AM
    I got the update from Telus the day it was released. I did notice battery drain, heating, and flicker. I installed the 'patch' yesterday. So far, I haven't noticed the heat, and the flicker seems to be gone, but it will take a day or two to find out if the battery has improved. I'm optimistic, given what I've read on CB and what's happened with the other two issues. Time will tell.
    03-08-15 10:43 AM
    Anybody want to swop with me then,soon take the smile off your face.

Passport to heaven..
    Feel better now?

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-08-15 10:49 AM
    It's been 2 weeks since I upgraded to 10.3.1 and aside from the first time I opened the camera app and the screen was flickering green, after closing and reopening the app, that has never happened again and also I've never had flickering in any other app. It's definitely very hit and miss on who has flickering or not.

I would definitely not say this OS is "half baked". Half baked implies it was not done. Like how the Playbook was released with NO EMAIL CLIENT! ??

This is more of a buggy release, which is just as bad, but lets not compare that to the Playbook.
    Nice thread title, real good click bait. Since we still feel the need to beat a discontinued horse...

Playbook was the best tablet there was at the time of release. It didn't need email, it had Bridge it bridged like an accessory to a BBOS device and was simply magnificent. There was no need for an email client. The device didn't sell like they hoped so later they added these clients, but that didn't work either. They gave up and moved on, it sucks but that is they way it is.
    hpjrt likes this.
    03-08-15 10:58 AM
    Anybody want to swop with me then,soon take the smile off your face.

Passport to heaven..
    My Zed10 for your PassPort? PM me...
    03-08-15 11:00 AM
    I hope people who are upgrading to the leaked .2480 OS have read the requirement to be on OS 2243/2267 first.
    I did the upgrade on my PP and haven't had any issues described here; no overheating, no RAM issues, no battery issues, etc.
    hpjrt and Pdinos3 like this.
    03-08-15 11:16 AM
    My only problem on my classic is that wifi keeps on disabling my wifi connections. Very annoying.
    03-08-15 11:22 AM
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones with no negative issues. I'm using version 10.3.1.1581.
    03-08-15 11:46 AM
    Check the knowledgebases for other OSes. You'll find similar. Not all issues are OS related and not all are immediately resolved. Sure there are tons of complaints on CB about 10.3.1 problems. How many of those have you personally experienced? In some cases, the rest of those reports could be attributed to bad installs, bad connections, user screw ups, hardware issues, etc. Unless you were there, you have no way of knowing if that wasn't the case. Sure, some are real, but not as many as the complaints about the source of the issues. In the meantime, if you find a perfect OS, please let the rest of us know what it is.

My own experience with the OS upgrade has been with only one issue -- the flickering. And that was once each with four apps. Closing each, waiting a second or so, then reopening them resolved it. Having done OS installs and upgrades for Windows Mobile, BB OS 6 & 7, Android 4.1 through 5.0, CP/M, DOS, Windows 3.x through 10.0, and various flavors and versions of linux, I get thrilled to experience an install with 0 or 1 issue. Stellar work, Blackberry!

I'm sorry if your experience is otherwise. Or that you believe all could be attributed to the OS. I hope that changes for you.
    03-08-15 12:01 PM
    I am curious of what "Playbook" disaster the OP speaks of... I have 3 of them in the household and are used daily.. are they dated?? sure... from a stability standpoint .. no issues... Was the launch and concept screwed up by RIM?? sure... I remember one issue with an update... As RIM had an issue of over promising and under delivering.. I was not surprised when OS10 did not make it... just needed to look at the hardware specs and you could tell it was not going to happen.... Every device has an end of life.. My first generation IPad was EOL before my Playbook... Still have it... My IPad has not seen even a maintenance update since they bought out OS6.... Hardly anything released in the last couple of years will even run on my first gen IPad.... should I consider the IPad a disaster????

If the OP standard of the current update being half baked because it has issues... what does that make IOS... compared to BB they have had endless patches for both IOS 7 and 8.... so unsure what the issue is for the OP.. you got a bad update... so have many others... outside of the flicker issue... seems to be a common problem for Many OS updates in general when you update an existing device.... My IPhone was bricked when updating to 7.... do I go on line and proclaim the Ipad a disaster because I had an issue with my Iphone??? no..... at least the current BB regime has enough on the ball to correct things in a timely manner... as them pulling the current OTA for older devices currently released... had the patch for flickering out in a timely manner... Heck,... at least they are not telling users they are using the device wrong ( attenna gate?)

With something as complex as OS code... expect some issues.... such is the way of life... if this is an issue for the OP... simply do not update your BB OS... or better still... go find one of the fine Android phones that never get an update ever which there are many ... problem solved...
    03-08-15 12:01 PM
    Install 10.3.1.2480 for Passport and it will get you on track. Yes, it is a leak but it is a fix to the screen flickering, the overall improvement is amazing. Device feels faster, and browser loads web page instantly.

Some and myself faced a little battery drain on 10.3.1.2480 but that can be sorted by installing a previous Radio Version.
    03-08-15 01:33 PM
    I've been using 10.3.1 for months. Outside of the flickering, which got anoying, it was a perfect OS. I'm currently using a version with the flickering fixed: PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480

Give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 01:58 PM
    having a bunch of issues on my pp, light and proximity sensors has been down after the update, cant use my pp at night since the keyboard light wont turn on
    03-08-15 02:15 PM
    Do a full wipe. I did the OTA update and it was screwy. Did a full wipe and it's been great ever since.

Posted via CB10
    Don't bother telling him, it's been said maybe a million times but some people just don't want a solution to their issues
    03-08-15 02:18 PM
    having a bunch of issues on my pp, light and proximity sensors has been down after the update, cant use my pp at night since the keyboard light wont turn on
    Do a hard reboot ie hold both up n down volume buttons till BlackBerry logo shows then let go.

Unless you have already done this then maybe a wipe and reload of the OS may be in order.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 05:43 PM
    I am totally not installing that update for at least a few weeks after rogers pushes it to see if there are any problems. currently my passport is flawless, I intend to keep it like that. For the minor features we will get with this update its not worth it to have it cripple my device.
    I agree. I also have a Rogers Passport and I'm waiting until they release the update.
    03-08-15 06:12 PM
96 1234