Let me explain:
    I had been using BB Link on a few PCs in parallel. Office, living room, home office, ... - you get the drift.
    Finally I've decided for a single PC and uninstalled Link on the other ones.
    Yes, in the meantime I know I should have removed the connected Passport before uninstalling those Link sessions.
    But I didn't, I've had no idea about the consequences.
    Consequences being: The uninstalled PCs remain in connected devices and in the explorer for remote file access.
    You can click on them in the explorer and delete them. But they keep coming back, obviously they are linked to the BlackBerry ID. I find this a bit flawed. When uninstalling Link from the PC, why doesn't it disappear from the linked PCs automatically?
    I've seen quite a few threads about that, but none was working and lots of users still have the same problem in the various threads.
    One tip was, unlogging from Link on PC. But I only can do this, when I still have it installed on the respective PC.
    I've tried to change the name of my PC in Link to one of the orphans and then remove it. Doesn't work, it still links to the new PC not the old one. So I can remove the new one (no matter what name I give it), but still can't touch the old one.
    Some may say: No harm, no foul.
    True, it doesn't do any real harm. It's a bit inconvenient, as my actual PC is at the end of the list and I have to scroll down. But even if there's no real harm, it totally bothers me.

I see 2 solutions:
    a.) When I use a new BlackBerry ID, the orphans are gone. Problem solved. But now all my purchases in BlackBerry World are gone as well. One solution would be, if I could transfer my purchases from one ID to another.
    b.) Obviously, the linked PCs (orphaned ones and active ones) are linked to the BlackBerry ID. They must be assessable somehow, so it should be possible to get rid of the orphans.

Any other ideas?

And again: Many of you will say "why bothering"? It may not bother some, but it bothers me and I would be happy to find a solution. And I'm not the only one that had been asking for a solution. I've found 5 threads with the very same problem, but no solution yet.
    02-08-15 05:57 PM
    One suggestion if you haven't tried it already, retrace your steps i.e. re-install BB Link on one orphan device, disconnect/remove the link to your passport and check that the "orphan" is gone. If it's gone then repeat the procedure, it'll be tedious and time consuming but the reward will be a clean explorer.
    02-08-15 11:45 PM
    One suggestion if you haven't tried it already, retrace your steps i.e. re-install BB Link on one orphan device, disconnect/remove the link to your passport and check that the "orphan" is gone. If it's gone then repeat the procedure, it'll be tedious and time consuming but the reward will be a clean explorer.
    Thanks for the idea.
    But unfortunately, this doesn't work.
    I can't access one of the work PCS any longer anyway.
    But even on the other ones it doesn't work.
    The orphans have strange names. All by the same methodology = Desktop-3B5C or something like that. When reinstalling link and reconnecting, the new name makes way more sense = using my computers name.
    I have no idea, how I've got to those names..
    So I try to rename the PC to one of the old names. But it doesn't work, even after renaming it, Link still refers to it as th new PC and I can't touch the old ones.
    02-09-15 12:10 AM
    BTW: In the meantime -whatever did the trick- I've got rid of them in the file manager. But I still have them under connected devices in settings. I can delete them, but they keep coming back. That's even stranger! I thought, file manager takes them from connected devices?! Why are they gone from file manager, but still are listed as connected devices?
    02-09-15 12:16 AM
    I seem to have solved it.
    I've done 2 resets, so far the orphans didn't come back.
    I've given my Passport a new name.
    My guess: The connected devices are linked to the names (Passport + PC combos).
    I would have expected MAC address or something like that.
    But maybe I'm lucky?
    With the new name, I seem to be able to start from scratch.

Still strange. Why can't I simply access the connected devices in my BlackBerry ID and manually delete them?
    Anyway, if I don't post again, this did the trick.

EDIT: Now Link isn't working anymore. Stating, there's no BB10 device linked to my BlackBerry ID. I don't use Link much, so I'll try to uninstall and only use Blind, which I really would like to keep.
    Last edited by mgmueller; 02-09-15 at 08:08 AM.
    redchilli88 likes this.
    02-09-15 06:50 AM