Nice!

I love the feeling of the AT&T unit as well

It's easier to type on. And the wireless charging is a bonus!

Enjoy your new BB!
    06-04-15 06:03 AM
    I tried mine on a wireless charger I had originally bought when I had my Lumia. It charged just fine although I really don't use it. Just as easy to plug it in. As far as I can tell from reading these boards, I believe the AT&T version has fewer problems. I've had mine since March and haven't had any issues at all except the occasional flickering screen which I haven't seen now for quite a while.
    06-04-15 06:47 AM
    Just got my at&t variant after my original took a drink in the ocean. So far, I am extremely impressed. I actually like it more than the original, or maybe that's just me being ecstatic to have a Blackberry back in my possession. My original passport was my first entry to Blackberry. Never switching brands again!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 07:15 AM
    I tried mine on a wireless charger I had originally bought when I had my Lumia. It charged just fine although I really don't use it. Just as easy to plug it in. As far as I can tell from reading these boards, I believe the AT&T version has fewer problems. I've had mine since March and haven't had any issues at all except the occasional flickering screen which I haven't seen now for quite a while.
    Please share which wireless charger you have. Thx

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    06-04-15 10:18 AM
    I have this too. The difference is night and day! Feels a lot better in the hand

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 10:51 AM
    Att also adjusted the keyboard feel. It's much more flimsy in operation, almost loose keys. Perhaps easier to type on, but not as reassuring as the OG Passport (which has the best keyfeel of any BlackBerry I've ever used).

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. I've had the International Passport for a few days and overall, I'm not a huge fan of the keyboard. So far it's OK, but it's not as productive as I'd imagined a return to QWERTY would be. I've heard it takes a few days to get used to the stiffness, so I am giving it some time.

Overall, I liked the AT&T version's keyboard more. I played with two different AT&T ones in two different stores, so I think the feel was fairly standard; ie one wasn't worn down vs. the standard feel.

I think I'll take a trip this weekend to my nearest AT&T that has one on display and compare them side-by-side and see what the differences are.

The main issues I have with the Passport keyboards are these:
    • Stiffness of the keyboard (int'l) makes some buttons difficult to press.
    • The stiffness makes it hard to type when laying down and holding the phone up (ie, in bed). It's difficult to balance the phone and apply enough pressure consistently.
    • The auto-suggest virtual keyboard may be a good solution with enough words, but so far it's not very useful; in fact, checking for suggested words slows down my typing.
    • The lack of punctuation or alt keys is galling to me. Slows me down immensely. Previous QWERTY phones I've had have ALL had these. I don't know why they thought this was a good idea.
    • Swapping to the virtual keyboard for numbers, punctuation, etc. greatly interrupts typing flow and disrupts train of thought as it's no longer muscle memory but visually searching for virtual keys and swapping to additional virtual keyboards if necessary. Too slow vs normal QWERTYs.
    • (int'l) The lip at the bottom is definitely a bit short. The AT&T version does this better. Makes balancing the phone when typing a little more difficult.
    • The damn space bar is so awkward compared to the rest of the keys. It feels lower, more recessed into the frame than the other keys, but a glance at the Passport head on appears to dispel that notion. It should be raised more since it's probably the most used key on the QWERTY.
    • The best keyboard ever (IMHO) was the Moto Q9H. The right amount of feedback and travel, comfortable in hand, rubberized keys were more comfortable to the touch. Wish this was closer to that.

Anyway, I hope that it starts to grow on me. I've already noticed that even a few days after getting it I'm typing faster and the keys are loosening up a bit. But that virtual keyboard is a design flaw, IMO.
    06-04-15 11:31 AM
    Please share which wireless charger you have. Thx

I don't recall exactly but it was the one Nokia was giving away at one point. Black and oval shaped.

Also, FYI: When I first bought my Passport, the keys were rather stiff and I was hoping they would break in. Sure enough, after a few days of use, they felt much better.
    06-04-15 01:05 PM
    I have a Nokia wireless plate, the one with LEDS and it works perfectly. I don't know the exact model number but it just came out.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 04:46 PM
    2 week follow up on new PP. I am extremely pleased with it. Less with att since they didnt let me unlock it right away so I am buying that for $35.00. Other than that I am even OK with the Body glove case so far but now just learned about the Siedio Case that is thinner here at Crackberry store so I will be getting one of those too. I have had no close calls of dropping it and everything has been FLAWLESS. The Z30 was FLAWLESS from Shop Blackberry along time ago too.
    I did let the Z30 update to the new software yesterday. FLAWLESS UPDATE. I have not played around with it much and really do not feel that I am missing out on much right now on the Passport. Technical Ecstasy is here to stay
    06-04-15 05:04 PM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=bDkFPU9_

This works great for the Z30 from Verizon and the AT&T Passport - $8.85 with free shipping. I've used it for both.

STA 100-3 10.2.3.798 Allergy/Pulmonary
    06-04-15 06:15 PM
    How does someone from Canada order one?
    06-04-15 07:39 PM
    ...how is it today, still what you expected it to be?
    06-04-15 08:08 PM
    Absolutely! I find it lightyears better than the original. So much more comfortable and easier to hold and type. The extra chin does really make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 09:19 PM
    I've been contemplating on getting an original passport for a while now but after reading the comments, I'm having second thoughts now.

I might just wait a little while longer and see if AT&T drops the price of the Passport. Aside from the problematic bluetooth connection on one, I'm very satisfied with them.

SQW 100-3 10.3.1.1955
    06-04-15 09:28 PM
    Even I'm tempted to switch to an AT&T version. But, rather confused with a few posts I've seen about the 'screen lifting...'.
    06-05-15 06:27 AM
    I haven't heard that, but if that does happen I feel it's people that put the phone in pockets. Especially slimmer pockets. I use a holster for this reason.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 12:52 PM
    This is interesting viewing...

06-05-15 06:22 PM
    This is interesting viewing...

Boy, she really didn't think that one through.

The camera protrudes from the back of the Passport ever so slightly, and the back is not perfectly flat. So she can exchange 50 units and it will still rock when the top corners are pressed down on a table.

Screen lifting might have been an issue, but she's just not thinking when it comes to a "warped" device.

I'd be more than happy to take her Passport to a belt sander and make it perfectly flat if she'd like.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    06-05-15 06:40 PM
    She obviously has no mechanical skill or knowledge. A mind is a terrible thing to waste and funny to show off wasted.

Eustis99 likes this.
    06-05-15 06:56 PM
    No offense to the ATT variant passport owners....but let's face it...you guys are just defending your purchase.
    The curved edges are still subjective and it's not for everyone.
    Those contemplating the purchase of the ATT variant because of comments in this thread...how about the fact that the carrier versions deliver new updates after lord knows how many months...once it's been approved.
    And another issue is the accessories...finding cases is very difficult for the att version, especially the ones you truly like and want.

Consider that before listening to biased comments here.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 07:23 PM
    How are the comments biased when these people including myself have owned both?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 07:53 PM
    How are the comments biased when these people including myself have owned both?

Posted via CB10
    Ditto, I've ownned both too. Functionally, the AT&T Passport is better than the original. Bbettter typingg experiennce, better keybboard, better handling, wireless charginng.

The original is a sexier device though.

Screen lift I have not experienced, but the double typing on my Passport is getting quite bad and really annoying. Currently fighting with BlackBerry to get this warranty. Incredible that they're evenn giving me the runaround considering the device is 2 months old.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    06-05-15 07:59 PM
    No offense to the ATT variant passport owners....but let's face it...you guys are just defending your purchase.
    The curved edges are still subjective and it's not for everyone.
    Those contemplating the purchase of the ATT variant because of comments in this thread...how about the fact that the carrier versions deliver new updates after lord knows how many months...once it's been approved.
    And another issue is the accessories...finding cases is very difficult for the att version, especially the ones you truly like and want.

Consider that before listening to biased comments here.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried both? I'm just curious because it seems to me that you're quite new yet you try to make it seem that you have experience with both devices.

Or maybe you're trying to justify your purchase because you can't get an AT&T version?

Edit: we don't have to wait until AT&T releases their software, we can load them as soon as they're available. Or did you not know that?

Posted via CB10
    Eustis99 likes this.
    06-05-15 10:22 PM
    Hey StutterStep,

Ebay is the way to go or amazon
    How does someone from Canada order one?
    06-06-15 02:47 AM
    Do you already own the original passport?

Passport
    06-06-15 03:07 AM
50 12