I ordered the AT&T variant! So excited to see what it's all about and the size and shape differences! I have a feeling I'm gunna like this one more

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 08:44 PM
    What's the difference with the AT&T one? I saw some of the holsters have special SKU's for AT&T.
    05-31-15 08:58 PM
    What's the difference with the AT&T one? I saw some of the holsters have special SKU's for AT&T.
    Rounded edges
    Techno-guy likes this.
    05-31-15 09:00 PM
    The AT&T variant has rounded corners and the edge all around is different. It's mainly metal aside from the chin obviously for antenna purposes. Also I noticed the chin is slighter bigger beneath the keyboard. I hope this one is more comfortable!

Posted via CB10
    Techno-guy likes this.
    05-31-15 09:01 PM
    The AT&T variant has rounded corners and the edge all around is different. It's mainly metal aside from the chin obviously for antenna purposes. Also I noticed the chin is slighter bigger beneath the keyboard. I hope this one is more comfortable!

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like nice improvements! You'll definitely have to let us know how it compares!
    05-31-15 09:05 PM
    Rounded corners, wireless charging.

Posted via CB10
    tryfe and Techno-guy like this.
    05-31-15 09:07 PM
    It has wireless charging built in? I didn't know that

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 09:17 PM
    Wireless charging?
    Does Blackberry even sell a pad charger for that?
    05-31-15 09:45 PM
    Yes, it has wireless charging. As soon as you get it, test your bluetooth connectivity right away.

Myself and a few others are experiencing problems with it. I unfortunately found out after 2 weeks and could not exchange it straight away for another unit, I have to wait to talk to BlackBerry tech support on Monday.

Fortunately, it only happens on one of my passports, the other is functioning perfectly. You'll have a lot less accessories for it, but I got the skinomi skins, screen protector, and the body glove case for it.

At the very least have a screen protector and a case for it. And try your best not to put the phone in your pants pockets, a lot of people have been experiencing problems with the frame bending. I'm not sure if our variant is prone to it, but don't take an unnecessary chance on it.

Sqw something
    GeoK likes this.
    05-31-15 09:52 PM
    Wireless charging, better keyboard, bigger chin (makes typing easier and more accurate), flatter sides which gives you better grip, slightly recessed display which seems to decrease chance of screen lifting.

I switched from original to AT&T because it truly is a more functional device. Unfortunately, it started double typing for me after less than 2 months so I've began the warranty process.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    05-31-15 10:44 PM
    Can someone explain more about the wireless charging on the AT&T Passport? What do you need to charge it on? Where can you buy it? I have this phone and have never heard of this.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 12:04 AM
    Can someone explain more about the wireless charging on the AT&T Passport? What do you need to charge it on? Where can you buy it? I have this phone and have never heard of this.

Posted via CB10
    http://bfy.tw/6jn
    06-01-15 12:07 AM
    I suppose I thought it was specific to the AT&T Passport. It's no different than any other phone with the technology and it doesn't need anything specific to BlackBerry or AT&T. Obviously no one mentioned it to me upon purchase, thankful to be able to read the forum and the Internet.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 12:17 AM
    I have the Nokia fatboy wireless pillow charger and it works perfectly even with the bodyglove case on.

Buy a qi charger with three coils, it'll keep the guesswork out of positioning the phone and it'll be powerful enough to charge the phone even with the case on.

Sqw something
    06-01-15 01:12 AM
    Thank you J, much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 01:16 AM
    Will do! Thanks for the heads up!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 07:05 AM
    I'm loving the new att Passport. Cool auto storymaker on the pictures. Plays a section of video and pictures you took like a movie.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    06-01-15 08:34 AM
    I actually had two witless charging pads from Nokia back when my wife and I had Nokia phones that utilized wireless charging. I was super surprised and excited to see that setting my ATT passport on it allowed for the phone to charge! They utilize the Qi technology for their charging standard (the Nokia pads) so you know that standard of wireless charging works!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 08:59 AM
    Storymaker is really cool. The first time I used that app I was stunned. Are there computer programs that do that stuff better? Sure. But to be able to do it..on the fly...and then share to facebook or wherever is just awesome.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 09:05 AM
    Att also adjusted the keyboard feel. It's much more flimsy in operation, almost loose keys. Perhaps easier to type on, but not as reassuring as the OG Passport (which has the best keyfeel of any BlackBerry I've ever used).

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 09:37 AM
    IDK, I feel that the keyboard on my att variant is a great one. I only can compare it to my classic though. Which is an awesome keyboard in it own right. Enjoy your new BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by schlemer; 06-01-15 at 12:35 PM.
    06-01-15 10:05 AM
    I have the OG Passport and love it on T-Mobile. I went in to the AT&T store here in NYC and was playing with the AT&T version and loved it! I think is much better and more comfortable to hold and use than the original. So much so that I went and got an unlocked AT&T Passport to use on TMO. It's a better and more comfortable design, especially with the chin a little longer and the rounded corners. This should have been BB's original design IMHO.

I <3 NY!
    06-01-15 10:10 AM
    I haven't tried the original passport yet but if a good deal comes along I might buy one. The keyboard on the AT&T passport does feel a little mushy at times, especially after typing for some time.

If you're willing to spend around $50 buy a bluetooth keyboard too! It really helps especially in typing really long documents.

Sqw something
    06-01-15 10:11 AM
    So my AT&T variant arrived today! I like it a lot more. The rounded edges do make a big difference and the keyboard is fantastic. I also checked the bluetooth which worked perfectly. I had my music play through the tv's sound bar as I set it up. All is well!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 10:04 PM
    Good for you. So much to explore.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 11:41 PM
50 12