Love my Q10 but all the positive talk about the Passport and the Black Friday deal led me to take the plunge.

A few questions for those who have one already or have used one:

1. Size. Not too much of an issue for me since I am deaf/HoH. I do not use the phone like a hearing person (hold it up to my ear) but use special head phones an an app that let's me read what the other person is saying. That a primary reason I took the plunge - screen real-estate. I know this is a very "depends on the person" question but some folks have said the size of the phone made it not as practical as the Q10 for portability purposes. Any opinions? Other pluses or minuses about the size you want to share?

2. When converting to the Passport did you (previous BlackBerry 10 phone owners) have to reload Snap? How easy was it to get everything from one device to another?

3. I've read plenty of the threads here on CB so this is sort of redundant, but why did you upgrade and keep Passport over the Q10?

I love my Q10. It is easily the best phone and BlackBerry I've owned. It is by far the most perfect communication device I have ever used. But the Passport's screen and form factor lured me (seduced? ) and now I feel I'm cheating on my Q10 (this is getting weird). I guess I just hope the Passport will be what the Q10 has been but with a bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 11:41 PM
    Good choice, OP!

Screen is awesome, you will not be disappointed!
    Excellent build quality stands out.

Size is an adjustment, especially if you're used to your device in a holster. It is a two handed device for the most part, but it is comfortable to hold in one hand- just can't hold and navigate well with one hand

Biggest adjustment is the keyboard. It WILL take a couple of weeks. Be patient....trust that, like the vast majority of owners, you too will get good at it with use

First thing I do with a new OS or new device is load snap. Same process with the Chrome extension, works!

I also highly recommend you install the 10.3.1.1154 leak since this will be a new device. The camera focus on the stock OS is not good at all. It was the sole reason for me to install the leak via autoloader.

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 02:31 AM
    Lots of threads about the matter, but am gonna give it you straight!

1. I've used and owned every BlackBerry 10 to date, passport is by far the best.

2. Size is an adjustment but not as hard as u might expect.

3. Keyboard is waaay easier than u think.

4. The rest is just wow

5. When u on ur done u will receive an os update that resolves most of the issues u read about.

Ps. Make sure u use the phone for at least 2 to 3 weeks, before u actually dismiss it, many lost out on the opportunity to owning such a beauty by returning it a couple of days after use.

Pps. I have mini hands, and still no issues.

Great choice!

Passport Powered
    12-01-14 02:57 AM
    Glad you finally took the plunge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-01-14 02:59 AM
    2. When converting to the Passport did you (previous BlackBerry 10 phone owners) have to reload Snap? How easy was it to get everything from one device to another?

Posted via CB10
    You should re-sideload Snap rather than back it up and restore it. In fact it's better not to back up your apps and restore them, or Settings, for stability's sake, just reinstall apps on the new device and set your phone up how you like it again. You will lose Browser Bookmarks however by not backing up Settings, BlackBerry don't make the backup function on Link granular enough.

Once you've signed in to Snap with your Google ID there's a My Apps/Available section just like in BlackBerry World where you can see everything you downloaded using Snap and can download again.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    12-01-14 03:07 AM
    Thanks for the input!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 01:15 PM